Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Mississippi

Notices

Thread: Any Jackson area crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippirocs View Post
looks like a cool spot. Could you post some more pics of the area? We might have to make a road trip up there fro the coast
Next time I go I will take somemore. its more sand/clay hills with some old looks like old sidewalk the city dumped.

Brad
RocZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #22

Here's a vid of same area but a new spot

http://youtu.be/EqeHxi_sIGA

Brad
Old 06-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #23

Default Re: Any Jackson area crawlers?

Bumping this back up. I would like to see if anyone has gotten the bug yet?

I have some friends that like to go crawl with the real things and a few of us have gotten (or getting) into the RC side of things also. Just looking for others to see if we can get something going around here.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I am moving that way, to Sandhill, MS in the first week of October. I have a large pond for boats and am planning to build a nice big scaler course. We are also either enlarging one of the small ponds or digging a new one for my wife's Kois so that will be a place for scale boats.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #25

That's cool, Sandhill isn't to far up 25. I've got a friend that lives in Carthage thats has 2 also.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #26

Im In Richland and deer camp is up 25 have a wraith and CC-01 bronco

Slow!

Last edited by RocZombie; 06-12-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #27

I'm in Brandon. Got an ax10 and a custom frame e-maxx. I'm working on a emaxx based hill climber as well.
hondajd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I am now in the area. Currently living in my RV till my house is done. I will have lots of room for the crawler course and I have a 18 acre pond so plenty of room for boats too. It will be a couple of months before we re in the house and I have my shop built. I am really missing my RCs.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

I'm in Starkville and looking for places to crawl.
Bigdrewbowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
I am now in the area. Currently living in my RV till my house is done. I will have lots of room for the crawler course and I have a 18 acre pond so plenty of room for boats too. It will be a couple of months before we re in the house and I have my shop built. I am really missing my RCs.
I'm in Leesburg on old 43 and looking to buy a Wraith real soon. I haven't seen or driven one in person yet. I would really like to check one out and way my options before I buy it. I am leaning toward the kit so I can go ahead and get the good stuff up front. Let me know if someone close has one I can check out.

Shane
Cjclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #31
RCC Addict

I am just about 2 miles past the junction of 43 and 25. I have a well built Wraith but all my RC stuff is still in storage. I just had a new knee put in and will be a bit before I get them out. If it was my choice, I would go with the kit, a Holmes Hobbies BR-XL ESC, a Holmes Hobbies 13 to 16 T Crawlmaster motor, Castle BEC, Hitec HS7955 servo. Run it all on 3S and you will be good to go.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #32
Adilynsdad too!

In Greenville right on the river...
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #33

Quote:
I am just about 2 miles past the junction of 43 and 25. I have a well built Wraith but all my RC stuff is still in storage. I just had a new knee put in and will be a bit before I get them out. If it was my choice, I would go with the kit, a Holmes Hobbies BR-XL ESC, a Holmes Hobbies 13 to 16 T Crawlmaster motor, Castle BEC, Hitec HS7955 servo. Run it all on 3S and you will be good to go.
I have been researching for a couple weeks and just starting to get the basics as to what all I need. Definitely looking at the HH ESC and motor. Not sure which BEC I or transmiter I need. I know the 7955 servo is what everyone seems to recommend but yikes that thing is pricey. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Servos are what you pay for them. Ther are cheaper Hobbico and Tower models but you will ack service on them. As it is impossible to kill a HS79XX, I still managed once. Shipped it back and received a new one in a couple of weeks. There are some equivalent Savox and they have great customer service. I have heard the same with Futaba but no experience in and surface applications with them.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #35

Mr. Neil, just wondering if you ever got your wraith out of storage. I still haven't bit the bullet yet to buy mine. Still yet to see one in person.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjclyde View Post
Mr. Neil, just wondering if you ever got your wraith out of storage. I still haven't bit the bullet yet to buy mine. Still yet to see one in person.
Sorry, haven't on much. Finishing the trim in my shop tomorrow and will start moving my stuff in same afternoon. Maybe this coming weekend? Your welcome to come out and check it out. Also have a nice C2 Mog and a couple C1 Hiluxs (SCX10 and a TF2). Lots of other projects.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Sorry, haven't on much. Finishing the trim in my shop tomorrow and will start moving my stuff in same afternoon. Maybe this coming weekend? Your welcome to come out and check it out. Also have a nice C2 Mog and a couple C1 Hiluxs (SCX10 and a TF2). Lots of other projects.
I would love to check it out one afternoon when you have time. I'll be in Talladega this weekend. Just shoot me a message or I can give you my #. Looking forward to it. Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #38

Just bought a new Wraith today. Looking for other local crawlers. I live over by the reservoir. Call or text me at 601-383-5580. Name is Beau.
MississippiWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #39

Hey beau ill crawl with ya I'm pretty local
Toyoguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #40

Toyoguy85 we (Beau and his friend David) went out Saturday to the lower side of spillway crawled from the parking lot to around the corner for a ways. I Twisted a drive shaft on a root but we had a good time. Were gonna try and start getting a group together and go crawling different places . Guys at hobby town say they sell several Wraiths and SCX 10's a month need to start rounding ppl up. 601.503.4770.