Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Mississippi

Notices

Thread: Any Jackson area crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Any Jackson area crawlers?

Looking for peeps to hang and crawl with in Central Ms. I'm out of Madison and am working on a rock course with rocks, concrete, and roots. I run comp style micros, but plan on some bigger obstacles as I plan on a bigger rig in the future. Pm if you are interested in a meet n greet/ crawl. Thanks!
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #2

I'm down here in Hattiesburg about 1.5 hours from you. I actually just picked up a MRC yesterday and it will be my first crawler so I have much to learn. I've been racing 1/5, 1/8 and 1/10 for a few years now and just made the leap into crawling.

We're thinking about building a comp course and scale course at our track. We have 2 acres of land by the river that our track sits on so we have plenty of room.
ohdeeuhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Awesome! I'd like to see a Micro league/class set up in our area. As far as the big guys go, Id rather drop a grand for a set of 1:1 coilovers for my real ride than for a larger scale rc crawler. I can definitely see potential in the 1/24ths as the buy-in and mods are MUCH cheaper than the bigger ones. I have alot of cash in my micros/mods, but they wouldn't touch a stock bigger one in price. Read, build, and play with that micro, they can become extremely capable for their scale......and then some. Let me know when that course is up and running......I'm down! Good luck finding rock too, lol, most of mine is imported from Montana. If you need concrete chunks for y'alls, holler, I work for a demolition company.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Awesome! I'd like to see a Micro league/class set up in our area. As far as the big guys go, Id rather drop a grand for a set of 1:1 coilovers for my real ride than for a larger scale rc crawler. I can definitely see potential in the 1/24ths as the buy-in and mods are MUCH cheaper than the bigger ones. I have alot of cash in my micros/mods, but they wouldn't touch a stock bigger one in price. Read, build, and play with that micro, they can become extremely capable for their scale......and then some. Let me know when that course is up and running......I'm down! Good luck finding rock too, lol, most of mine is imported from Montana. If you need concrete chunks for y'alls, holler, I work for a demolition company.
Haha awesome man, thankfully I have a bunch of large grade crushed lime stone lining the creek that flows behind my house. A few years ago they dug the creek out for "flow control", lined it with black plastic and put in a few thousand tons of crushed limestone right behind my house. I'm going to get some of it and build my own little backyard course.

Oh, and I bought the mini rock crawler (1/18 w/ 1.9). The micro was just too damn small haha. My next purchase will be a Wraith or a SCX10. I'm thinking about selling off some of my 1/5 Baja 5t parts and spares to fuel the crawling bug lol. You're right though, 1/5 scale is a bit ridiculous on prices. I've probably spend 4 grand in the past 2 years on that thing and now I barely ever run it because everyone is hooked on short course and 1/8 buggies around here. I don't mind though, I enjoy running short course and buggies too. Tonight was a race night and I TQ'd the SC class and ended up bobbling and taking 2nd in the A main. Overall, I enjoy just about anything when it comes to R/C. I built the track and started the club with two other guys and the track and the hobby has grown tremendously around here in a little over a year.

Anyhow, I may hit you up about some concrete rubble. The limestone is nice and fairly large but I want some variety. I was thinking about going up to Alabama where my sister lives and hauling back some river rocks
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

If you're ever in JXN, hit up Flowood RC Park. It's been open maybe 6-8 months and has gone off the hook locally. Google it, they even have a forum! PM me too, I'm always on here, so I'll get the message.

If I do spring for a bigger scale unit, it'll be an SC10 Axial (?). Right now, I'm building up 3 Micro crawlers and bashing on 2 Micro SCT's every chance I get. Not sure if the rc park would let me run them tho, so I go to a local BMX track, ha ha.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdeeuhm View Post
I'm down here in Hattiesburg about 1.5 hours from you. I actually just picked up a MRC yesterday and it will be my first crawler so I have much to learn. I've been racing 1/5, 1/8 and 1/10 for a few years now and just made the leap into crawling.

We're thinking about building a comp course and scale course at our track. We have 2 acres of land by the river that our track sits on so we have plenty of room.
There are a couple of us that have scalers on th Coast.Where is the track at in Hattisburg. We are willing o travel to run our rigs.
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Mississippirocs, I've been doing demo work in Gulfport here and there off of Canal Rd. When we dig up the concrete, I'll holler at you so y'all can go play on the piles. Big warehouse slabs, there be crawling for days! I feel for you guys down there, so flat and nothing but water and ditches. Lol!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I would like to know more about this track myself. I go to hattisburg pretty often. Would like to check it out sometime.

Also for anyone who wants to know, you should be able to access the geological survey at your courthouse or library. You may have rocks, gravel, or clay stone nearby. We don't have many rocks in mississippi but we have some other nice crawling terrain.
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #9

Hey guys, the track is actually located across the river in Petal, MS. It's called Riverside RC Raceway and we opened up back in March. Since everything has been funded by our club we've been slowly but surely turning it into a really nice racing facility. This past month we put lights up around the track so we can race at night, brought in a few new loads of clay and started on our driver's stand. We were actually able to use the new driver's stand this past Saturday. A set of bleachers were donated to us in the beginning and that's what we were using as a temporary drivers stand. Myself and another local hobbyist started working on the planning stages about 2 years ago and we went through a rough time trying to convince the city to lease us a piece of land to use. Things finally came together back in December and we built the track and opened up in March.

Here's a link to the map:

http://www.dirtrcracing.com/index.php?p=1_10_Map
Old 08-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I am retiring down there in about 20 months, just bought land in Sandhill and we are working on the house plans now. I intend to build a Scaler crawler course when I get there and run some bots on the pond.

Any Comp action or primarily Scalers? I am considering trading or selling my XR10 as I spend wayyyy to much time on my scalers.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:51 AM   #11

I live in Ellisville Ms about 20 min North of Hattiesburg. I have one brush less comp rig and another with a low cg chassis and bent links running the body. I have gathered a good bit of rocks to practice on but a course would be great. Plus it would give a chance to see some mods first hand and maybe a little swapping is always fun. I frequent Hub City RC,good prices.
cej255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #12

Default Re: Any Jackson area crawlers?

Is anyone still crawling in the Jackson area or has anyone found a good spot to crawl?
I just pulled my AX10 back out and got it going again. Also got some new tires on the way.
hondajd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I am moving to that area soon, I have some land and I am going to build a crawling spot. Outside of that, there are some great trail running spots for scalers in Yazoo county in the old creek beds. Of course can't use them in the spring.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
I am moving to that area soon, I have some land and I am going to build a crawling spot. Outside of that, there are some great trail running spots for scalers in Yazoo county in the old creek beds. Of course can't use them in the spring.
get back over to the IL section!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Hey, I hold dual citizenship, I can say youse and ya'll.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Crystal Lake to MS, lol. I had a house on "The Chain" in Antioch. I moved to MS 6 years ago and haven't been back to IL since.

Paul.
ParacordPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Good move.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #18

Hey im from pearl. I have found a good spot with some red sand hills /washouts, and some rocks. Iv also built a course this past weekend at my house. Its actually alittle small for my wraith but would be better for smaller scales. Ck out my youtube page for a vid. Search Justamscountryboy

Brad
RocZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #19

Local crawl spot

Brad
RocZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
RCC Addict

looks like a cool spot. Could you post some more pics of the area? We might have to make a road trip up there fro the coast
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote