Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Mississippi

Notices

Thread: Gulf Coast "RC Outlaws"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Gulf Coast "RC Outlaws"

March's Comp went off quite well!
We had about 20 or so people come and a few ran more than one truck. I placed 5th out of 19 Class 2 trucks with a score of 48. We had a raffle for a SCX10ii kit won by Shane (lucky dog). Had music all day, ribs and burgers on the grill. Right before the last run, a slight 5 minute sprinkle slowed the show down. But it didn't stay and the course dried off to end the last run. Over all a great day. Met some new people and a few other people closer to me to crawl with.

Next month's comp is April 8th!
Starting around 9am.
10250 Sidney Rd, Pass Christian, MS 39571
$10 per class. Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places
NTA_Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Cool. I'm waiting on a Chinese D90 cab for my scx10 chassis. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks on a slow boat to get here.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Cool. I'm waiting on a Chinese D90 cab for my scx10 chassis. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks on a slow boat to get here.
My buddy got a Chinese Jeep body and it took a little over two weeks to get here I think. There's one poor guy out there that ordered a GCM SCX10 chassis set-up a week and a half before the comp. He didn't realize they are in Canada; nor that it didn't come with axles. Its still not here. He got a boatload of other needed parts for it and still no chassis. We give him a hard time about it every chance we get; all in good fun.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Lol. I'll be trying something new for me with this one. Forward mounted gear motor with reduction on the motor and a transfer case. Dingo flare and hopefully full width scx10 axles and full interior.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Checked the rules and I don't have anything 'legal'. #1 Wraith is on Rock Grabber tires, R1 is on RGrabbers also and I don't think it fits the body measurements of Class 3, and my #2 Wraith is on Ripsaws. #2 may qualify C3 but I'll need better foams in it.

For my D90 project I'd planned on some GMade MT1903 which are 109mm tall. 106mm for C1. C2 maybe, but the heavy body would severely limit it compared to a lexan body. I have some flat irons I could run but they're 121mm. So it'd be 1mm over the 120mm regulation for C2. May be why they were so cheap used. Which leaves a set of 96mm Chinese tires I have or buy another set to run C1. I could run a shorter, wider foam and cheat the FlatIrons legal. I've got some Honcho Rips or 1.9 Treps that could work but they aren't that good. Some 2.2 Mudslingers, 2.2 Krawlers, 2.2 Rock Claws......I've got too many tires.

Y'all run an open class?

I ordered some jerry cans for the d90 today and the Bushwackers wrestling tag team for my #2 Wraith. Driver and copilot...and they have pants on. Lol. Not some banana hammock like the rest of the wrestlers normally do.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Checked the rules and I don't have anything 'legal'. #1 Wraith is on Rock Grabber tires, R1 is on RGrabbers also and I don't think it fits the body measurements of Class 3, and my #2 Wraith is on Ripsaws. #2 may qualify C3 but I'll need better foams in it.

For my D90 project I'd planned on some GMade MT1903 which are 109mm tall. 106mm for C1. C2 maybe, but the heavy body would severely limit it compared to a lexan body. I have some flat irons I could run but they're 121mm. So it'd be 1mm over the 120mm regulation for C2. May be why they were so cheap used. Which leaves a set of 96mm Chinese tires I have or buy another set to run C1. I could run a shorter, wider foam and cheat the FlatIrons legal. I've got some Honcho Rips or 1.9 Treps that could work but they aren't that good. Some 2.2 Mudslingers, 2.2 Krawlers, 2.2 Rock Claws......I've got too many tires.

Y'all run an open class?

I ordered some jerry cans for the d90 today and the Bushwackers wrestling tag team for my #2 Wraith. Driver and copilot...and they have pants on. Lol. Not some banana hammock like the rest of the wrestlers normally do.
To be honest, they aren't too particular over small things like tire size. Well lets say its never been brought out to any ones attention. If the tire is not "legal" someone may say something. I know after my last run a lot of people were asking what tires I was running. I went from a 150-something score to a 50something. It wasn't all the tires, but weight, shocks and body mods that helped me out.

They have been talking today on FB about an open class. But I thought C3 was pretty much open... IDK.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:35 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I watched several videos today and I don't think the d90 would have a chance on the course. I'll get it done up and see how bad the body makes it top heavy though. I've got some beadlocks coming and will try weighting them. Class 1 calls for a CMS? I'll see if I can get it mounted.

Any C1 competitors?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #28
RCC Addict

It looks like C1 is growing from the pictures on facebook. A few new C1 rigs in the mail.

Just a heads up, next comp meeting is April 8. I'm trying my hardest to make it.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:13 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed

I tried to join the FB page but every time I tried , the request was denied. May have been the wrong page, coulda been a moody group leader, not sure. Is there a direct link you could post to make sure I'm on the correct group? I'm here in Northeast La in West Monroe. Been going to Gilmer Mtn in Texas and Hot Springs ORV park for G6 but wouldn't mind coming to see what "RC Outlaws" are all about.
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykrawler View Post
I tried to join the FB page but every time I tried , the request was denied. May have been the wrong page, coulda been a moody group leader, not sure. Is there a direct link you could post to make sure I'm on the correct group? I'm here in Northeast La in West Monroe. Been going to Gilmer Mtn in Texas and Hot Springs ORV park for G6 but wouldn't mind coming to see what "RC Outlaws" are all about.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/203950043290808/
Old 03-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I watched several videos today and I don't think the d90 would have a chance on the course. I'll get it done up and see how bad the body makes it top heavy though. I've got some beadlocks coming and will try weighting them. Class 1 calls for a CMS? I'll see if I can get it mounted.

Any C1 competitors?
My Ascender is way top heavy and I do pretty well out there. Throttle control is key out there.
There's about 3 to 6 C1 competitors.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

April 8th is the next comp. Starts around 9am.
10250 Sidney Rd, Pass Christian, MS 39571
$10 per class. Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places

Hopefully my new part for my Ascender will be in and on by then.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Talking Re: Gulf Coast "RC Outlaws"

This is great news. I will check out the Facebook page to stay connected. I'm in Abita Spring, LA. and do micro crawling but looking to get into 1.9 mini comp crawling as well. Got some nice back porch and backyard courses out of man made and natural elements. Part of the fun down here is making the courses for sure!

My local hobby shop is Bayou Adventure in Lacombe. He does mostly basher and racing buggy stuff (along with fishing, crabbing and kayaks). He is planning on making an indoor track this year. I have introduced him to micro crawling and made a small course for him our of Great Stuff, etc. He loves it and ordered a couple micro crawlers for the shop. Maybe, maybe an indoor course could happen too....but I don't want to jump the gun.

Anyone in my area?
sethstiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Gents, If I'm not on Facebook, how can I get contact you?

On another topic, I'd love to create a micro crawler course like this at my LHS. It's a great example of the capabilities of these little rigs and how fun it is to make scale courses....affordably too for the most part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lha6i5N88ME
Old 08-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Im not on Facebook. How can I get ahold of yall? Maybe a PM. What is your next comp or fun event? Im over in Abita Springs, LA. Running a Losi mini crawler. Might I slip into class 3 or something even though Im a mini? Thanks.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Next comp is 9/9/17. 10250 Sidney Rd, Pass Christian, MS 39571.

Actually having a show and shine competition as well and from the pics on Facebook should have some good looking rigs there.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

I hope to have my truck back together by the 9th. I won't be doing a show n shine as most my RC money was going into getting the truck mechanically right for the SE Shootout; which I'm not going to now. Now I plan on going to RRW at the end of Sept and again in March.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Any links for these events?
Old 08-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #39
RCC Addict

All on Facebook.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I ain't got a Facebook. I'll have a look though.

Gulf Coast "RC Outlaws" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Coast RC Crawlers Comp #6 The Finals at "The Good Spot" 5/5/12 Illeagle Competitions 13 05-07-2012 09:15 AM
Axial West Coast Championships, "Sponsor Request" KING BLING Past RCCA qualifiers 1 07-03-2008 03:17 PM