Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: st. louis chit chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Hey Max...

Im going down to Checkered Flag tomorrow afternoon..around 3:30..gonna check pricing on a bug shell and a traxxas servo..If your around SoCo then we can meet up! Let me know

EDIT: Might as well check out Simpson park while im down there...is it accessible after rain?

Last edited by Nacho; 03-19-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

DONT EVEN TRY SIMPSON PARK, you may not even be able to get in there, they are preparring to close the flood gates and begining evac of Lower valley park area on the river. I just found out as the post office is getting ready to move up the hill to the school.

As for your bug body, they are the same price as Tower hobbies about, but they dont have any in stock, i was just there a little bit ago. Figured I would save you on that one.

I will be heading to Lake 35 tomorrow since all the spots on the river are going ot be damn near under water. Hopefully up there will be ok tomorrow. Going to suck if it actually floods down here cause the track and simpson park are going to flood and I think castlewood is going to be under water too.
Mav-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

You still got my number? Just give me a call but I should be off work

Simpson Park, the lake might be way high, I was down in Fenton today and crossed the Meramac and it was way high, enough for them to close the flood gates on Marshall road. But hell if you want to check it out I'll run out there with you.

What kind of Traxxas Servo, I gots a 2055 (?) in the basement. And they do have a HPI baja bug down there, I was there yesterday.
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav-1981 View Post

As for your bug body, they are the same price as Tower hobbies about, but they dont have any in stock, i was just there a little bit ago. Figured I would save you on that one.
They had one yesterday, almost bought it myself
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

LOL, yeah there was a guy there today who had a rock crawler looking body, the losi one, and he bought an HPI body and I didnt see which one, but could have been that one, he was checking out as I went over to see if they had a Rubicon body on hand.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Simpson Park is officially UNDER WATER. I was able to get to the gates but that was it, water is about 6-8inches from coming over marshal road. I was sitting in on parking area, the one with the boat launch and was watching the parking lot slowly fill up with water. I drove through 2 inches coming in, 20 mins later was 4-5 over the entrance. TONS OF STUPID PPL in cars trying to get around down there. Marshall is still open at the moment, but my guess is only for a couple more hours since the lower areas are already close to being covered.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #27
RCC Addict

meremac is supposed to crest on friday at 36ft above normal.
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well at least I know that, you do realize how high that is done there right now, right. Its 19-20 ft over right now and marshall road is almost under underwater. No simpson park visits for a month or so,lol.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #29
RCC Addict

and it will be nice and stinky once the water recedes.

wonder if it will wash away some of the damn fishing line...
Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

We could only hope,LOL. Our luck its going to bring everything from the other side of the lake to the spillway too.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

MAXX's spot is A LOT OF FUN. might be a bit difficult for scalers, but the "spill way" there is perfect for them if your decently waterproof. The Maxx Super Crawler had a bit of fun out there, but i aint used to 2 stick, 3 axis control for it, I need to switch the steering channels around. I was having a blast with the 2.2 comp though. JUST BE READY TO WALK, its a ways from the parking, but all kinds of room for everyone. I am taking my sons wagon to pull behind my emaxx to carry everything next time, that maxx crawler gets really heavy after a few hundred feet.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #32
RCC Addict

That's why I get a big enough battery to drive it out to the location. :grin:

I wonder if I could put clod axles under a radio flyer instead of making a tow rig.....
Old 03-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Hey now theirs and idea,lol. I honestly don't think it would be that hard. Put a good 400+ oz/in servo for steering you'd be good. I would almost pay to see you do that. I will have a trailer for my AX comp that will be towed behind the jeep, but that aint going to cut it for everything else. BUt for now, my Emaxx can pull my fat a** in the wagon, so it'll do. You should have seen how I got my stuff back to my SUV, put my bag on top of the Maxx crawler. That bag had to way 30lbs (thnx to my G/F and her cleaning, she put every tool and peice of metal and battery I own in it I swear) but it carried it, slowly and it wasnt happy, but it did it till the battery went dead.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #34
RCC Addict

I guess maxx axles could work too. I'm keeping my emaxx fast though. not a lot of crawl spots in the back yard.

all I need are clod axles, and a donor wagon. I have a set of jumbo kongs with maybe a tanks worth of fuel use on them.

actually to keep it lightr, pick up a plastic sled next winter to use as the wagon bed
Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

LOL, I have both my Emaxx's no way I would ever chop them up, thats why I bought the frame and axles from someone who already killed an emaxx.

You are giving me to many ideas though,lol. Hell if you got the clod axles, jsut hit a garage sale or 2, you'll find the sled or wagon pretty easy and cheap.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Well,I went up to the spot by me today,spent almost an hour clearing out some
downed trees and made the path to it a lil more walk worthy..the area is almost doubled now with a couple nice hard spots
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Sweet, I'll see how the weather is doing for next week and see if there is a day I can go up.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #38
RCC Addict

I dug the lanyard out of my parts box and snapped to to the radio. No more fishing for futaba
Old 03-24-2008, 02:01 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

LMAO, so that was the PROBLEM, Futaba wanted to be free and jumped outta your hands at the wrong time,lol. I might want to think about that too as much time as I spend going in and around water.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #40
RCC Addict

more like the truck rolled and was bouncing down the rock face toward the water, and I freaked, dropped the radio and caught the truck, and the t/x bounced off the rock face and into the water. It floated for a while, and Nacho tried to retrieve it with the end of his antenna and then it sank and turned off.
I opened up the radio and laid it face down on the floorboard of the truck, cranked the heat on full and let it blow it out for the 45 minut ride home. later that night i put it back together and it worked.
whew.