Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: Gsrc: Club Info Important!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Gsrc: Club Info Important!!!

ALright KIDS, you all gotta read this!!!

I spoke with the big man at Checkered Flag today, they are sponsoring us. For now they are going to throw a prize in at the end of summer comp BUT THIS IS THE GOOD PART:

WE NEED TO DO MEMBERSHIP CARDS, Actually, I WILL BE DOING THEM FOR EVERYONE as I have everything set up with them and know exactly what has to be on the cards and so on BECAUSE WE GET A 10% DISCOUNT ON EVERYTHING UP TO $50, so we get a discount on fixing our busted stuff. But these cards have to be more formal, thats why i will cover them, i got everything to do it. IF I DONT HAVE YOU ON THE WEBSITE MEANS I AM SLACKIGN AND FORGOT YOU ON MY LIST, SO POST UP AND LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GET YOU A CARD. But this has to be people that attend the monthly gtg's once in a while, this is open to whoever, this is for active GSRC members

I am also working with him to get what we use in there SO I NEED A LIST OF MAIN STREAM RIGS besides the WK and AX10. Need to put together a list of what we think they need to stock that we will buy and they will need for others as well. NOW I know the $50 limit sounds crappy, but really when they are the cheapest LHS in the area for RC kits/rtrs, then we get the discounts when we break crap, I cant argue in the least. So thats one thing we need to figure out, what axial parts and so on they need to carry. Special stuff like RC4WD and the other companies that hobby shops will never carry, my company will start carrying it soon, so that'll have us covered as well.

OK so, chime in if I dont have you on the site yet, and other than that, we can discuss all this and what not.
Mav-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
RCC Addict

my rigs involve

Wheely King
Axial
Emaxx
XC-01 / CC-01
TXT

or at least parts from them

normal breakage has been axles, stub axles, ring and pinion, all on the WK axles. But those are few and far between because I don't actively try and kill my rigs.

now mini-quake parts on the other hand.... 5kv hyperion on 3s lipo tends to invite destruction
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

OK, got the Fliers dropped off at CF and MT. SHould get our Membership cards done this weekend and will hand them out at the comp.

I did find out there ARE TONS of guys around with crawlers, but just no one was able to find us so expect a serious jump in member numbers and ppl showing up just to run.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

.. Hey Mav , Can You Delete Me From Your Site? And From The Whole Membership Thing Im Not Interested In.... Ill Explane At A Later Date. I Talked To A Lawyer On The Whole Property Thing. And He Told Me That If Anyone Got Hurt On "our " Property That They Could Be Open For A Law Suit. Case Inpoint When Terrys Truck Fell At Cliff Cave .if He Would Of Fell And Got Hurt We "could" Of Been Liable. Another Point Is When Hawk Fell At 35..... Im Just Not Ready To Have My Ass sued Off Right Now.

Last edited by JEFF THE JET; 07-02-2008 at 06:00 PM.
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Case Inpoint When Terrys Truck Fell At Cliff Cave .if He Would Of Fell And Got Hurt We "could" Of Been Liable. Another Point Is When Hawk Fell At 35..... Im Just Not Ready To Have My Ass Sewed Off Right Now.
And they didn't. I don't think an honest person would sue any of us because they fell while playing with toy trucks

Of course you have to consider how our current court system works.
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

We had the same kinds of problems with some property someone owned with our jeep club...we just had to sign waivers,stating the obvious things...if i get hurt its my problem type of thing
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well if we have that issue, thanks for checking, THEN PLAN B: Waivers to be signed by everyone, I can keep the record of it. I cant take getting my ass sued either but if we have waivers, then we aint gotta worry about it. I will add disclosure to the site as well.

FOR THE NEW COMERS AND CURRENT MEMBERS, ANY GSRC EVENTS WAIVERS WILL BE SIGNED, I WILL HAVE THEM WITH ME CAUSE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BUST YOU ASS OR HEAD WHILE OUT WITH US.

Last edited by Mav-1981; 07-02-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I ain't signing anything, I need to pay the Ranger off
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

OK well looks like we may have to take this down a notch for the moment till we figure this out cause After talking with Jeff more, waivers may not save us.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav-1981 View Post
OK well looks like we may have to take this down a notch for the moment till we figure this out cause After talking with Jeff more, waivers may not save us.
THE ONLY REASON I KNOW THIS IS BECOUSE IM WATCHING IT HAPPEN....WELL ITS A WEEK AFTER MY BOSS GOT SUED FOR A LARG SUM! AND HE THOUGHT HE WAS COVERED WITH A WAIVER TYPE DEAL BUT HE WAS WRONG... AND WHAT SUCKS IS, IT WAS FOR A GOOD COUSE... YOUR RIGHT MAX COURT SYSTEM SUCKS...
Old 07-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Thats messed up. Well due to that till I get full legal advise for this, GSRC is temporarily disolved. I didnt even think about how screwed up ppl can be.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thats messed up. Well due to that till I get full legal advise for this, GSRC is temporarily disolved. I didnt even think about how screwed up ppl can be.
WELL WE ARE STILL GSRC ...IVE GOT TO MUCH INVESTED AT THIS POINT. IM TRING TO KEEP A HEAD ACHE FROM HAPPENING... THE GSRC WEB SITE IS DOWN FOR A SECOND .

Last edited by JEFF THE JET; 07-02-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

LEAVE IT TO MAV, I GOT IT!!!

Fully enforceable in the State of MO, including the specifically needed clauses to hold up in court. Basic generic waivers are the problem, thats how ppl get sued anyways. Love the fact MO has all their crap on the net,lol. This is a 1 full page sucker, BUT WE ARE SAVED!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
LEAVE IT TO MAV, I GOT IT!!!

Fully enforceable in the State of MO, including the specifically needed clauses to hold up in court. Basic generic waivers are the problem, thats how ppl get sued anyways. Love the fact MO has all their crap on the net,lol. This is a 1 full page sucker, BUT WE ARE SAVED!!!

hey mav can you email me a copy of it... id like to go over it ...befor i hand it out to the "core" gsrc guys.. ......jandcame@yahoo.com
Old 07-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Yeha, have it checked for sure, but everything I found this is a Missouri based form, specifics changed to suit us and added the one thing that has made waivers to even be challenged. I have already got them done and ready to sign. ANd the other thing, if your worried about the responsibility, then I will take over and get the club under my "corporate umbrella", I can own a NPO under my corporation, thus adding to the protection
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeha, have it checked for sure, but everything I found this is a Missouri based form, specifics changed to suit us and added the one thing that has made waivers to even be challenged. I have already got them done and ready to sign. ANd the other thing, if your worried about the responsibility, then I will take over and get the club under my "corporate umbrella", I can own a NPO under my corporation, thus adding to the protection

ummmmm i dont know how to take the second part of your email to "me". but we, as you and me will talk about that in person...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I got you, np.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

the link you sent me was for something genaric. i dont want to sign my life away on a genaric form.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

as far as the "leader" thing go's i didnt think ther was .but why should it be you... ther is a ton of other guys thats been on "this" forum that can fit the bill. jmo.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I didnt send you a link I thought, BUT I FORGOT, most ppl dont have my office programs.

Man my email got all ass backwards, I was pointing out, since there wasn't a formal "leader" then I was offering my company's "umbrella" as a way to help protect against lawsuits, basically NOT THAT I AM THE LEADER, but that I am the first line of defense against these kinda lawsuits. I DONT WANT the position, i can barely handle everything I gotta handle right now.

Why is it everytime I try to help, crap always starts,lol. I do the fliers, then get reminded of the fact of morons out there that could seriously SCREW us, I offer to put me first on responsiblity, not as the leader, and then ppl think I am saying I SHOULD BE LEADER. NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE, but its drama, not much at all, but I moved here to get away from drama, so anything that seems like its heading that way makes me wanna bail. I jsut wanna drive, have fun, have a couple comps, NO WORRIES, I dont wanna add to the stress I already have.

Last edited by Mav-1981; 07-02-2008 at 10:29 PM.