Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: SMRCRC Comp # 1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #1

Default SMRCRC Comp # 1?

Is anyone up for a comp this saturday?? 9-20-08.

Ive got 12 tennis balls cut in half for gate markers.

Looks like it might rain, but we've crawled in the rain before.
If anyones up for it, let me know by tomorrow and maybe we can get Bbeaty to make a sign and see if the hobby shop would let us post it on the event board so others without the internet know were having a comp/or gtg.

Off subject,anyone found out more about crawlapalooza?

Boatman,sorry to hear about your house.
ThE_PuP_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Yeah i think im up for one saturday, same place same time i guess.
Crawlapalooza...I may get to go after all but i wont be competeing, just going to watch maybe and see what everyone is running.
slider5161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #3

I'd be game for setting up a crawling course on Saturday.
bbeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yeah we really need to run a course this week i think, should be fun.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #5

Talking

well like i said i have 12 gate markers, (one 1/2 for each side) if anyone has any old tennis balls i have my lil saw, me and my gf will be there we may be a lil late for 12:00 but 12:30 at the latest. Were bringing the dodge and the wheely king, (it has brown crystals) This will be a lot of fun for her hopefully, so she can see why i love it so much.

I'm plannin on going to crawllapalooza but, don't know if theres an entry fee or anything of the sort. If anyone wants to go and carpool or what not, we'll have to finde out more info as soon as we can. I plan on competeing, in the 2.2 class, cuz my funds i had saved for my 1.9 dully dodge scaler went to a rent house lol, funny enoff its next to the sbu college girls dorms. The gf dosen't like the idea, but its ok cuz its cheap.

Hope everyone shows up. And who wants some SMRCRC stickers? I've got to know how many I need to have made up, and what collor and what not.

See you all tomarrow around 12:00 - 12:30
Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

If you're going to crawlapalooza you better sign up soon. The number of entries is limited.
MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #7

Question

where do i sign up at, and all that stuff. I have no idea how to get set up for this at all, haven't really found any, real threads about it.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Its in the competitions section bud
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Yeah ill be there tommorrow as will Aaron. Yes i want stickers, what kind of question is that
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #10

Talking

awsome hope otheres show, up also, and btw stickers aren't made yet, just gotta get a roll call of who wants some collors what not, becase my cuz said he'd make em, for a lil $, just to pay for his ink and stuff. When we meet up tomarrow, give me the specks of size, and collor, and if you want it dull or shinny, and ah hell talk about it tomarrow lol
Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #11

WHO WON?¿?¿ I need pix...come guys fess up. Did Boatman win the 2 wheel drive comp?...lol
rcspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #12

Talking

lol sorry spud, just got home, no real pics, just vid. yea boatman won the 4x2 and also in the broken parts challenge lol.

But the 4x4s, well we didn't really keep score, but i had a time of 3 minits threw the corse, and brian followed that up real close. Its hard to say who won, it was eather me or brian. I belive the words, that dang dog did it again.. were said, LOL.

It ended up being a practice comp, cuz every gate you had to reverse and the likelyhood of hitting a gate marker were 2/1 lol It was a tight corse but everyone had fun. Aaron kept breaking the shock apart, i have pics of that, boatman broke axel stubs, cuz well thats what he dose lol, and i broke a servo horn...not striped broke it into 2 pices.

Had a small mud run after the crawl, and well, i broke my servo horn 15 feet from the mud, so i tryed it with no steering, and well, i had to go get it lol.

It was a nice lil ternout glad everyone showed up, even those without rigs, we had a great audiace today (people walking by and watching)

Thx again to Trever Aaron Brian, and Boatman for showing up i had a blast and hope to do it again next weekend, but not on saterday cuz i have a funeral to go to, lol jk my cuz is gettin hitched.... and maybe sunday will be open for JP who i met by the way, hes a 10 foot tall harry garilla who drives a mack truck and runs the 40 in 2.5 ... lol just playin JP
Old 09-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #13

Talking

TIME FOR THE PICS!!!!!!!!!

Just a few from me, most are just broken truck pics lol, Bbeaty has the best of the day, i'm shure he'll have them up soon.
Snaped that servo horn in 1/2

This is the shot of the day, for broken parts, aarons ax. click on the right pic

Boatmans truck, snaped the axel, again
Old 09-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_PuP_4x4 View Post
and maybe sunday will be open for JP who i met by the way, hes a 10 foot tall harry garilla who drives a mack truck and runs the 40 in 2.5 ... lol just playin JP

Sundays are bad for me. Plan the first comp and give a 3 weeks notice. I'm getting ready to change jobs at work. (Quater Change) and will be working Sick and Annual. Which means by hours and days off Change from week to week and can even change Day to day. It's only for 3 months.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #15

Thanks again to everyone who made it out today. Below is a link to some of the pictures from todays crawling. I unfortuantely did not bring my camera for the mudding :-(

http://www.4wdthunder.net/SpringfieldGTG/9-20-08
bbeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #16

Talking

awsome pics beaty, gf loved them, as did I, but she wants your camera lol, I think its freaking sweet, great pics everytime....Amanda said that every time you went to take a pic I was moveing again, sorry about that lol.

Oh btw, after 3 1/2 hrs editing, and 1 hr mateing the video was finished, now all i need to do is upload it and thats gonna happen tomarrow if i'm lucky, but i don't know yet. and to all who want to make a joke about the mateing thing.... <-- just a lil head of time lol.

And JP, you let us know if you have a saterday or sunday off and we'll try to be there man, theres enoff of us that want to meet you and check out your rigs that i'm shure atleast Slider, Aaron, Bbeaty, and me will be there. And if you have a friday off, i'll head up there and run one with yah. just keep us posted when YOUR availbal and we'll see what we can do. Peace all

Last edited by ThE_PuP_4x4; 09-21-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:51 AM   #17

Ok everyone i didnt take many pics this time around
but these are trail running pics and some from last week

Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Yeah was alot of fun, that course was kind of hard for a newb <<< and i helped set it up lol, next time ill go a little easier on myself Glad you all made it and really happy that Boatman came to get his mind off things at home. Those pics of Aarons truck twisted and broken are awesome lol.

JP if you want you can setup one and we'll all try and make it, you know better than us when your available.

Was nice to meet your Girl Pup she seems really nice (shy and quiet) but really nice.
I can tell i have alot to learn about driving this thing right, i think the truck is ready but i seem to not have any luck hitting the right line through those gates, alot of practice is in my future lol. Look forward to seeing Spud out there in the next few weeks to break in that ne AX-10.

As i was saying yesterday i would like to have some sort of gtg and barbecue get all our wifes and kids out to meet everyone that hasnt met yet, maybe we'll make it our end of the season thing or something in the future. Thanks for everyone coming and taking pictures and all, as always i had a great time.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #19

Talking

Here it is, the LONG vid....more like short movie, lol, somewhere around 13 minits, and i spent 3 hrs editing...and it was STILL long, so it'll take a while to load up, but it will be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnqfn2REr2w

if like dosn't work just go to youtube.com/ThEPuP4x4 and you'll finde it, or just do a serch for SMRCRC.

lol never minde, youtube rejected it because it was TO LONG 13:30 long, so i've got to finde another page to start uploading are stuff to that can handel these kinda videos. Sorry it wont be this weekend when the video will be relised but i'll hop to it asap thanks guys and sorry about the video problems.

Last edited by ThE_PuP_4x4; 09-21-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #20

Kewl pix gang, wish I could have made it up. Well finally got ax10 and spent a whole hour building the chassis, now come the mods maybeIll get with yall soon.
rcspud is offline   Reply With Quote