Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: New class is being added to the rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
20K Club

Default New class is being added to the rules

So the "Sportsman" class is being added to the rules now. I want your oppinions as to what you would like to see in the rules.

Shafty no dig is likely the base of what the rules will be built on. There is a chance of MOA being added, now is the time to make your oppinion known. You can also PM me if you have something you would rather not post (I may not respond but I will read it).
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

If you are entering the sportsman class that is the only class the driver can run so another words guys like zach and yes even you harley cant run that class if you are the champion of that class at years end driver must move up to next level of class that way jake zach and even you harley cant win everything on that given day.

Not saying any of those drivers will be attending the events in you state but if your making rules it should be a guidline for every state or am i speaking here where i should not be speaking if so sorry just my opionion.

Last edited by kasper; 10-05-2009 at 12:38 PM.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

In my opinion I think you should keep any changes or restrictions simple.

In fact I would just say shafty with no dig and leave it at that.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
20K Club

Would you guys like to see a 8.4v limit in this class?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

My vote for Sportsman class would be SINGLE motor shafty without dig, while MOA leaves things open for people to bump up to regular 2.2 class it might be said that they could be gaining an advantage due to clod stall or how cheap/easily they could run different gearing at each axle. Limit the battery to 3 cell lipo, 3 cell A123, or 8 cell nimh/nicad. Motor 35 or higher. Maybe some rules that wont allow people with deeper pockets to gain an advantage like no BTA?

Of course I vote to allow 35t and 3S on the KCRC level because we dont really have many newbies so we might a well leave it open for anyone that wants to run that class.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

i would say no digs, if your running a moa only one speed control, 3s lipo max ....keep the rules simple so its not over whelming for the newbs
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Shafty NO dig. Having recently built an MOA I can see where clod stall could be an advantage. I know it could also prove to be a dissadvantange. So in the sake of it being a "Sportsman Class" I vote no MOA or dig. Having BTA has nothing to do with empty pockets. I think allowing people to ugrade is a good idea. That way when they are ready to move up all they will need is dig.
scaryclownguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

No DIG shafty, single ESC, single servo, 2 wheel steering on front axle only.

Standard 2.2 width, length, wheelbase, ect....

2S Lipo or 7 cell NiMh max.

Keep the rules simple. To be honest, don't see a need to change these.

2.2 Sportsman Class Rules:(added for 2009)

If a 2.2 Sportsman Class vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2.2 or 2.2 unlimited respectfully. Any vehicle competing in the 2.2 Sportsman class will not be allowed to compete in another class and vice versa. These are " Club Rules " and can be Modified or adjusted at any time as long as it is for the good of the class.
1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. Tires may NOT be modified from other sized tires, They must be a readily available 2.2 size tire with a maximum outside diameter of 6 inches. no Cutting on tire for any reason. Addition of custom foams and or weight is allowed
4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of a 2 channel radio control (one for steering & one for throttle ) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles. Exceptions will be made for RTR vehicles that came factory equipped with dual motors such as the Duratrax cliff climber and similar vehicles. No Berg, Clod or similar axles allowed
8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class. Vehicle is allowed to have a " dig " transmission but you will be disqualified if you use it
9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
10 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.
11 - body must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)
12 - 2.2 Sportsman class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.

Last edited by dezfan; 10-05-2009 at 06:18 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
No DIG shafty, single ESC, single servo, 2 wheel steering on front axle only.

Standard 2.2 width, length, wheelbase, ect....

2S Lipo or 7 cell NiMh max.

Keep the rules simple. To be honest, don't see a need to change these.

2.2 Sportsman Class Rules:(added for 2009)

If a 2.2 Sportsman Class vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2.2 or 2.2 unlimited respectfully. Any vehicle competing in the 2.2 Sportsman class will not be allowed to compete in another class and vice versa. These are " Club Rules " and can be Modified or adjusted at any time as long as it is for the good of the class.
1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. Tires may NOT be modified from other sized tires, They must be a readily available 2.2 size tire with a maximum outside diameter of 6 inches. no Cutting on tire for any reason. Addition of custom foams and or weight is allowed
4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of a 2 channel radio control (one for steering & one for throttle ) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles. Exceptions will be made for RTR vehicles that came factory equipped with dual motors such as the Duratrax cliff climber and similar vehicles. No Berg, Clod or similar axles allowed
8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class. Vehicle is allowed to have a " dig " transmission but you will be disqualified if you use it
9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
10 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.
11 - body must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)
12 - 2.2 Sportsman class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
what he said
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quick thought. Ive been reading up on the LCC and Ive got to wonder where it falls in with the battery/motor limitations because obviously a 35t and 2 cell lipo is obviously not going to be enough to have it run nearly as well as any other 2.2 shafty.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma View Post
Quick thought. Ive been reading up on the LCC and Ive got to wonder where it falls in with the battery/motor limitations because obviously a 35t and 2 cell lipo is obviously not going to be enough to have it run nearly as well as any other 2.2 shafty.
Not sure on the LCC but I think it would work well w/ the LNC RTR.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Not sure on the LCC but I think it would work well w/ the LNC RTR.
Whats the difference? New worm gears or re-geared tranny?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma View Post
Whats the difference? New worm gears or re-geared tranny?
Tranny I think.

Regardless of the rules that are passed, if we (locally) want to run 3S, all we have to do it vote for it.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #14
20K Club

Quote:
Tranny I think.

Regardless of the rules that are passed, if we (locally) want to run 3S, all we have to do it vote for it.
I agree. I want to push for allowing 3s but if you guys say you would rather limit it than I will vote that way. I don't see the point in limiting it, the price difference is nothing really, and it would set you up better to move to 2.2 in the future.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I agree. I want to push for allowing 3s but if you guys say you would rather limit it than I will vote that way. I don't see the point in limiting it, the price difference is nothing really, and it would set you up better to move to 2.2 in the future.
I would like to see 3s be allowed too..3s seems to be a pretty common selection with everyone anyways.So why bother with limiting it.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Shafty, no dig...and NO MOA.
Looks like were all about on the same track here.
3s, BTA, 35t, same wb, etc.
muddauber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Im liking this for sure i think it will be alot of fun .

I vote shaftie,no dig,i dont care on battery,bta ect same as 2.2 rules.

NO MOA!!!!

slider5161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I would just want a shafty/ no dig limit with standard 2.2 rules otherwise. They have to buy electronics, don't make them buy twice if they move up to the pro class. The cost of a 55t is the same as a 19t. The cost of a 3 cell pack isn't much more than a 2 cell (especially from china).

This thread should be just for missouri residence, so if you aren't from Missouri please don't post.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
This thread should be just for missouri residence, so if you aren't from Missouri please don't post.
I am also including the Nebraska guys as they have a good size club and no representation.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #20
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

isn't there a thread in the nebraska section, or did you merge them?

Good point about the LCC. Motor and battery limits will keep it out of play in the sportsman class since it has such huge geardown. And the kyosho RF too.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote