Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: CMRCRC Garage Crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default CMRCRC Garage Crawl

Hey there fellow crawlers.

the winter season is upon us and that means no more outdoor crawling.

well many of you know that the Hobby Town in columbia had an indoor crawling table that made for some good indoor crawling when the weather wasnt nice.

and as many of you also know Hobby Town shut down a few months ago.

Well i ended up taking home the crawl table.
it now sits in my parents garage.

What i am trying to figure out is how much interest is there to have some garage crawls this winter.

i have convinced my parents to let me take over the garage on weekends when we would crawl.

this means we could have some good sized crawling courses that would change every event. i will bring in a bunch of rocks and some plywood. i will also have a space heater(but could use a couple more). we would also have indoor plumbing and could break out the bbq if needed.

also i have my RC work stations covering the entire basement, so no one would have to bring tools, just your crawlers and batteries.

so post up if you all think this is a good idea.

these events would start after thanksgiving and could be run whenever you guys wanted.

Ross
ROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

If this doesn't work out, you guys should come check out the Crawl Spot. We're located in O'Fallon just outside of STL. You should be able to get here in just over an hour. Many many courses and we're starting a point series on Sunday.
kooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooter View Post
If this doesn't work out, you guys should come check out the Crawl Spot. We're located in O'Fallon just outside of STL. You should be able to get here in just over an hour. Many many courses and we're starting a point series on Sunday.

Wish it was that close for me..
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
Wish it was that close for me..
I hear ya. I was just letting you all know what we've been up to here. Hope you guys can make it over sometime. Its well on its way to being one of the best indoor crawl places around.
kooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

yeah, I would be up for some winter time fun!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS View Post
I will bring in a bunch of rocks
I have some extra rock I could donate to the cause,and can get plenty more also for nothing more than the trip down here to get it,if you are interested.If it's not easy for you to get a lot for free..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
yeah, I would be up for some winter time fun!
Let's get together on this and get a plan together for some kind of a winter series for CMRCRC maybe.Maybe try and run a 1.9 class too?...I am down to help get something like this going in any way I can.I might be able to arrange for a second location as well..All else fails I will see about renting a closed in shelter to put over my rock course at the house and fire up some heaters once a month..
Old 11-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Set it up Ross i am ready.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

alright i start pileing up the rocks in the back yard...since i dont have a truck anymore the loads will be smaller, but i have access to alot of rocks around here.

i will also start drawing up some plans for the garage space.

and jeepial there is no need to waste your money on renting a space...i have a crawl table that we can crawl on anytime just gotta move some cars and pull it out of the corner. and we can do these get togethers anytime we want. these bigger events will just involve some pre-setup and some tear down.
ROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS View Post
alright i start pileing up the rocks in the back yard...since i dont have a truck anymore the loads will be smaller, but i have access to alot of rocks around here.

i will also start drawing up some plans for the garage space.

and jeepial there is no need to waste your money on renting a space...i have a crawl table that we can crawl on anytime just gotta move some cars and pull it out of the corner. and we can do these get togethers anytime we want. these bigger events will just involve some pre-setup and some tear down.
I can come up and help out as much as I can with my schedule.I can rent a portable shelter big enough to cover my course for pretty cheap..Just another option for a comp spot..I have had this type of thing in my list of to do's for a minute now..Winter ain't slowin me down this year..

Plus we would have an all rock course..

I think I am gonna have a couple comps over the winter anyways..Just something else for us to do this winter..

Last edited by Jeepial; 11-10-2009 at 11:42 AM.