Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: RC Crawler Shop?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #1

Default RC Crawler Shop?

Is there a RC Crawler shop in the KC area besides Fastlanes in Blue Springs or Hobby(something or other) up in North KC?
Notpalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

When you say crawler shop do you mean hobby shop? Besides Fastlane and Hobby Town USA the only other rc hobby shop in the area is Hobby Haven and you arent really missing anything unless youre ino rc planes and helicopters.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
20K Club

None of the shops locally carry much as far as crawler parts go, with the exception of the kits generally. Hobbytown up north usually has at least one of each Axial, Losi LCC and Losi MRC .
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma View Post
When you say crawler shop do you mean hobby shop? Besides Fastlane and Hobby Town USA the only other rc hobby shop in the area is Hobby Haven and you arent really missing anything unless youre ino rc planes and helicopters.
Yeah - hobby shop but more in the realm for crawler parts. I went to both and Fastlane had the parts I needed - but I had bought the only ones of those and they said they don't deal much in crawlers. Seems like a cool place if I want to do an oval car sometime - and have been tossing that around since it's so damn cold outside.

I have been to Hobby Haven looking for a train for my nephew - but him being a hellion and 4 years old, he doesn't need a $300 Thomas set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
None of the shops locally carry much as far as crawler parts go, with the exception of the kits generally. Hobbytown up north usually has at least one of each Axial, Losi LCC and Losi MRC .
Last time I was at Hobbytown they only had the Mini.... which I almost got to have one to run around, but I got my AX10 in Wichita.

Thanks guys for the response - I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I think I am just going to get my chassis from DmG and my batteries from Cheap Batteries and go from there.

Maybe next time it's nice I can meet you guys out for some crawling.

-Notpalc
Old 12-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notpalc View Post
Yeah - hobby shop but more in the realm for crawler parts. I went to both and Fastlane had the parts I needed - but I had bought the only ones of those and they said they don't deal much in crawlers. Seems like a cool place if I want to do an oval car sometime - and have been tossing that around since it's so damn cold outside.
They also have a dirt off road track in the other half of the building for the non-carpet munchers.

Theres really no hobby shops in the area that focuses on crawlers specifically. Theres just not enough of a market and the hobby is still relatively new. Until Axial released their kit a couple years ago nobody really even made a kit. We all had to source our parts from different types of cars and trucks and usually modify all of the parts to fit together. Its come along way in a relatively short time, maybe in a few more years there will be a larger focus.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #6

Quote:
They also have a dirt off road track in the other half of the building for the non-carpet munchers.

Theres really no hobby shops in the area that focuses on crawlers specifically. Theres just not enough of a market and the hobby is still relatively new. Until Axial released their kit a couple years ago nobody really even made a kit. We all had to source our parts from different types of cars and trucks and usually modify all of the parts to fit together. Its come along way in a relatively short time, maybe in a few more years there will be a larger focus.
Aye - I use to have an old Kyosho Javelin 4WD off road - 15+ years ago... maybe 20. I might go that route someday - but I had always wanted to do a fast as shit oval because I couldn't as a kid because I lived in the country and didn't have any surface to run it out there.

That's sort of what I have gathered. I am just amazed that there seems to be more down in Wichita or Hutch. Also seems like there is a lot in the Lou - but not so much here in KC. That was a little surprising.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hobby Havon in Overland park is starting to stock Axial parts. I picked up a solid rear axle and aluminum lockouts for my AX10 the other day. They also had losi crawling tires if that matters.
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
Hobby Havon in Overland park is starting to stock Axial parts. I picked up a solid rear axle and aluminum lockouts for my AX10 the other day. They also had losi crawling tires if that matters.
They have always filtered those parts in and out. They just rarely actually have what you need. Kind of the bitch about building crawlers.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
They have always filtered those parts in and out. They just rarely actually have what you need. Kind of the bitch about building crawlers.
Yeah what he said. Hobby Haven does carry some Axial parts in a small box behind the glass case. They do carry Losi Rock Claws but their pretty out of date by todays standards yet they still order them back every time they sell. Still good tires but theres definitely better out there now. Ive noticed they only sell one package of them every time like some kid is sticking them on the back of his monster truck and buying new ones every few weeks as they wear out maybe? But I did buy my Hot Bodies Sedonas there so there might be some hope for them? But its probably just a fluke.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah what he said. Hobby Haven does carry some Axial parts in a small box behind the glass case. They do carry Losi Rock Claws but their pretty out of date by todays standards yet they still order them back every time they sell. Still good tires but theres definitely better out there now. Ive noticed they only sell one package of them every time like some kid is sticking them on the back of his monster truck and buying new ones every few weeks as they wear out maybe? But I did buy my Hot Bodies Sedonas there so there might be some hope for them? But its probably just a fluke.

It had to have been a fluke. They only have so much room. They have to keep E-MAXX parts on the shelf collecting dust. So someone probly made a mistake and ordered extra when I got mine. Seriously I'd spend more money there, but they never seem to have what I want.
scaryclownguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryclownguy View Post
It had to have been a fluke. They only have so much room. They have to keep E-MAXX parts on the shelf collecting dust. So someone probly made a mistake and ordered extra when I got mine. Seriously I'd spend more money there, but they never seem to have what I want.
Same here. I keep stopping in hoping to see something cool that Id want to buy. But the Sedonas and a body for my Berg are all Ive ever found.