Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri
Loading

Notices

Thread: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #12041
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 223
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Attitude View Post
Is that the RubberBellyRacing rig Brian?


Lol, it needs a new front shaft and a foam for 1.55.


Got the floppy flyer too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scaryclownguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #12042
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: pullin somebody else out of a mud hole
Posts: 1,759
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryclownguy View Post
Who remembers this little gem?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i just acquired one of those bodies
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #12043
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 223
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6171 View Post
i just acquired one of those bodies


Better get building then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scaryclownguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #12044
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: GC
Posts: 142
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Anyone getting out Sunday to trail run or crawl?
Orange peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #12045
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Raymore
Posts: 2
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Anyone out in the South Kc area wanting to get out on a Sunday sometime I wouldn't mind getting out & doing some crawling just pm me
LIFTEDFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #12046
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IN THE PIT !!
Posts: 1,038
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFTEDFORD View Post
Anyone out in the South Kc area wanting to get out on a Sunday sometime I wouldn't mind getting out & doing some crawling just pm me
Try "Kansas city remote crawlers" on face book
theres lots of guys out running all the time till our group schedule starts
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #12047
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Raymore
Posts: 2
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Sorry don't have facebook.
LIFTEDFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #12048
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: GC
Posts: 142
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Finally broke down and joined FaceBack so I don't miss events like Goat Hill clean up yesterday.
Orange peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #12049
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Raymore
Posts: 2
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

I have a great wooded area to crawl in at the end of my dead end street actually I did a video on youtube with my Vaterra Asender 68 Ford F100 this past Easter Sunday still have lots to explore ou there its 40 acres of wooded land. Id done more but the weather turned cold & my front drive shaft Grub screw backed out & cut my fun a little short. lol Here is my link to my video.

https://youtu.be/9P_YRtJnbs0
LIFTEDFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #12050
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IN THE PIT !!
Posts: 1,038
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Any of the KCRC gang still on here ???
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #12051
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: pullin somebody else out of a mud hole
Posts: 1,759
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by the DMG View Post
Any of the KCRC gang still on here ???
yeah i still get on here from time to time
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 AM   #12052
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parkville
Posts: 23
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

It has been a few years since I was on the forum. Are y’all posting the schedule on here or has everything gone to Facebook now, believe it or not I don’t have a Facebook account. I heard there was a comp this weekend and was wanting to get back in to it.
rwohletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #12053
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IN THE PIT !!
Posts: 1,038
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwohletz View Post
It has been a few years since I was on the forum. Are y’all posting the schedule on here or has everything gone to Facebook now, believe it or not I don’t have a Facebook account. I heard there was a comp this weekend and was wanting to get back in to it.
2019 schedule now up !
KCRC
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #12054
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parkville
Posts: 23
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Cool, thanks for posting the schedule me and my son will be at watts mill Saturday. Looking forward to getting back into RC rockcrawling again.
rwohletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #12055
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IN THE PIT !!
Posts: 1,038
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

KCRC update on the portable crawler course.
-
Over the past weeks we tested two types of coating to cover the foam the obstacle.
#1 Hot wire foam factory’s Exterior Foam coat.
#2 Custom Coat’s bed liner.
-
From what we seen from these coatings
the bed liner spray is not going to work.
was hoping to be able to use it as it was the less expensive way to go for this project.
it’s just not going to be tough enough.
with the bed liner test piece sitting in the full hot sun shine - it became vary soft and could be pierced and tare vary easily - not good !
-
The HWFF “foam coat”
look’s to be the way to go.
though it’s going to be around $1200 to purchase enough to cover the footage we have to cover !
-
This is what I thought the hard part was going to be - coming up with the $$$$ to coat this big project.
And this is where I have to ask the group egan to help out and chip in as much as you afford.
-
We have had 13 group members chip in $$ so far and this $$ has got us to this point where at now.
But all this donation $$ just about gone into what we done so far.
-
Myself (DmG) is starting this new donation run with $200 & more when I can afford it
-
So all KCRC group members
if you would like to help out with the expense of the coating, please donate any $$ you can afford !
-
This project will greatly help out the group with doing crawler demonstrations around the city and possibly we can get this setup somewhere indoors this winter so we can have a place to crawl when the cold hits this year !
-
I will try to give everyone who donates $50 or more a special “gold level membership” sticker pack to everyone who can donate this amount to show everyone you donated to this project !
-
PayPal donations preferred or cash donations will be fine.
We have a bunch of good group members now,
and it’s only going to take 25 members donating $50 each to get this done.
-
Please help out if you can
Contact me (jerry justice) with your PayPal or cash donation !
-
Thank you
Kansas City Remote Crawlers
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM   #12056
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the lair editing video
Posts: 660
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

I'm looking to revive 2.2 Comp in the Kansas City area. a little piece of me died when it went away. Unfortunately I was unable to support at the time due to being a new father. Kids are getting old enough to be a little more self sufficient now and once the current plague passes I want to get back on the rocks. Scale trail running is fine, I like it, but scale comp never got me excited. I know I spied a few 2.2 comp rigs at Midwest Challenge. How many are interested in getting something going again? I'm thinking with this fancy new crawling course KCRC could hold a comp just about anywhere.

I got my Sporty back on wheels and just finished a MOA. I'll be shooting videos when it gets warmer to try and drum up some interest.

Here is a little video I shot back in the day showing some of the cool stuff this club used to do with Comp Crawling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVS...&index=11&t=0s
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:15 AM   #12057
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cutting Comms
Posts: 752
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

My sportsman rig is sitting like its last comp was yesterday. The xr10 is long gone. Still have my Berg axles, brood motors, dig switches, high torque servos, etc. Why bother saving all that stuff? Guess I’m hoping for a return to comp rigs and that I could participate. I think the hard part would be making it fun again, things got crazy with all of the carbon fiber this and titanium that and look my rig weighs less than air. Which is where everybody started bugging out with the “oh I’m stressed from comping, I just want to drive my scaler”. Good luck with the comeback tour. If my job ever changes I’d be down for it and maybe even get one or two of my kids involved.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #12058
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the lair editing video
Posts: 660
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma View Post
My sportsman rig is sitting like its last comp was yesterday. The xr10 is long gone. Still have my Berg axles, brood motors, dig switches, high torque servos, etc. Why bother saving all that stuff? Guess I’m hoping for a return to comp rigs and that I could participate. I think the hard part would be making it fun again, things got crazy with all of the carbon fiber this and titanium that and look my rig weighs less than air. Which is where everybody started bugging out with the “oh I’m stressed from comping, I just want to drive my scaler”. Good luck with the comeback tour. If my job ever changes I’d be down for it and maybe even get one or two of my kids involved.
Would be great to have you Riv. I agree the crazy rules killed comp I think. I feel like we set our own rules with a minimum weight to keep the cost down. 2.2 pro with dig and 2.2 shafty. I never cared how well I did. I just had fun hanging out and driving and filming.
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #12059
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Where am I now?
Posts: 61
Default Re: KCRC - Kansas City Remote Crawlers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
I'm looking to revive 2.2 Comp in the Kansas City area. a little piece of me died when it went away. Unfortunately I was unable to support at the time due to being a new father. Kids are getting old enough to be a little more self sufficient now and once the current plague passes I want to get back on the rocks. Scale trail running is fine, I like it, but scale comp never got me excited. I know I spied a few 2.2 comp rigs at Midwest Challenge. How many are interested in getting something going again? I'm thinking with this fancy new crawling course KCRC could hold a comp just about anywhere.

I got my Sporty back on wheels and just finished a MOA. I'll be shooting videos when it gets warmer to try and drum up some interest.

Here is a little video I shot back in the day showing some of the cool stuff this club used to do with Comp Crawling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVS...&index=11&t=0s

I always wanted to get into it. I got to do one scale event with you guys and got sidelined for a while. I'm currently doing 3 scale builds and looking forward to coming up now and doing more but would definitely like to try comp crawling.
pedlhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awesome



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com