Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Billings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #1

Default Billings

If you've got a crawler (or are just interested) and live in or near Billings please post up here. We'd like to get a club going here, likely a "local" of the MTRCRC and organize some fun days and maybe a comp or two. PM me with your phone number or I'll pm you mine.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!!

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
If you've got a crawler (or are just interested) and live in or near Billings please post up here. We'd like to get a club going here, likely a "local" of the MTRCRC and organize some fun days and maybe a comp or two. PM me with your phone number or I'll pm you mine.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!!

Scottrik
In for the Billings crew.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

well new to crawlin but momma always said you crawl before you walk! let's plan a day on the rims. i got mine workin great need to get kevin and shawn in on it too. Then if all goes well will get the d stormers down.
007josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #4

Default Sounds like a great idea to me

Im in Billings and wouldnt mind getting toghether for a group crawl one of these days
zooman802002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #5

I'd be in on that
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooman802002 View Post
Im in Billings and wouldnt mind getting toghether for a group crawl one of these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
I'd be in on that
team3six (member on here) is talking about putting on a comp in Billings. Get in contact with him and maybe you guys can throw something together
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
www.team3sixrc.com

yeah, I actually am trying to close in on some things and make it happen. been talking to Clay at Abell and I have a few connection through my business with Parma, Proline, a bunch of other vendors. So I am trying to make something happen. I would like to get Ben (unimogger) involved as well if he is intrested. but I do believe that its high time for a club in billings. Already been working on a name and logo for the club too that i sent to my design guy. Not trying to crush your groove man. its all good either way that it can happen would be good.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Let's get it go'n****

I sent out an invite to everybody from the off-onroad e-mail lists - to join us at the monster truck show last weekend and none of you responded. let's not just talk - lets go out. i also talked to potential sponsors and we really need a club (WITH OFFICERS) to get a serious comp organized. i am in for sure - hows next weekend for a CRAWL - IN ....

I go out at least 2/week crawling and have found a few good areas with easy access.

laterz
hacker

P.S
i forgot to mention - i also am work'n on a name/logo for RRC-RC (Rim Rock Crawlers - R/C). it was on the invite i sent out. we all need to come together as one and get a club organized. my intention is to spark some interest in people with crawlers just sit'n on a shelf or in the corner. i think it is a fine time to start something. There is 3 people right here put'n forth some effort to get something serious go'n.

ok ok - enough of my 2 er 30 cents!!!! LOL

Last edited by hackersracing; 06-17-2009 at 10:12 PM.
hackersracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
www.team3sixrc.com

I dont care if everyone wants to get together for fun. Atleast until i get this tied down. Like i said Im not looking for profit on this, Im looking to get organized and bring it all together. it isnt as easy as it seems. Its great that there are some great area's to crawl at so it makes more sence to get a club going. So here is what i am working on right now.
Im looking to get a comp going before the end of the summer. Im going to involve some big names as well as MSD since after all this is montana and ben has done an amazing job bringing the comps to montana. its only to be expected that there is some unification in the process.

But before I get this going for those who are Billings or surrounding area related. if someone else wants to take the reigns and drive it to a future then speak up now. if i hear no problems with this I will do what i have been doing and take it further.

like I said I have already wored on the design and have local and outside vendors involved when it comes together. I want to start an MSD Billings chapter. Lock down all the ands and ifs and whats. contact my contacts and lock down the prizes, and raffles, and set up the comp. From here I think we can getnerate a good deal of people and make this a good event for all. if i have the go ahead and your blessings, I will continue forth and work on the detials left to work on and we should have something locked down with a 3 different comps, many different courses, at a place that has restrooms, close to hotels and lodging, and somewhere that we can cook so grub for everyone.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Default crawl'n in Billings

Team3Six - keep us updated ....

i know there is more 2.2 and supers in Billing then scalers however.

we also need to post up what scottrick asked for and not hi-jack his thread....

Team3Six - start a thread and fill us in so we can see how it is com'n along...

laterz
hacker
hackersracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
www.team3sixrc.com

OK, added a thread on comps and club info.
and if anyone involved in the MSD comps are available please stop by and add your comments. thanks
Billings Competition information and Club information
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #12

Default Re: Billings

so are you guys still doing the crawlin cause im in if you are just need place and time
WhiteWidowHerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #13

Default Re: Billings

Hi Rob Here,
I moved to Billings, MT last year. I was disappointed that there wasn't much action here as from other places I've been, & from where I just moved from. But if there is other crawlers or trail runners in the Billings, MT area, I would love to meet them, & would be privileged to have them run with me. I'm hoping that this hobby will continue to grow, & the interest in Scale, & Crawler rigs will increase here. Hope ya have a wonderful day, I should have my photos & links up on here as soon as I get some time to do so. I do RC Video Production as well. Look forward to having a eventful year this year!!

Rob Webb
Trail_Scout

Last edited by Trail_Scout; 02-11-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Trail_Scout is offline   Reply With Quote