Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Flathead Get Togethers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
Guys Proline donated MSD their custom gate markers, I am happy to use those for the club events that I attend also.
Thanks for the offer, Ben
As you should know already, you (and anybody else) are more than welcome to crawl with us here anytime.... we'll do a better job of posting up when we're gonna go out.... as far in advance as possible

You have an email from me, too...

Last edited by montana.matt; 06-11-2008 at 07:37 PM.
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike1969 View Post
2.2 Comp this Saturday 06/14/08 in Kila.
Let me know who can make it. There are some that are not members of RCC but I will get with them by phone.

What time? How strict are you about the rules and do you have a link to someplace where I can read the rules. I think my ax10 should be legal, I havn't changed the wheelbase but I don't know what other rules there are.

I have to go in to work for some maintenance on our machinery but hope to be off by around noon. Let me know what time and give me some directions and I'll try to show up. I've been wantin to get out crawling bad lately but it is boring to go by myself. I've completely rebuilt my ax10 since the last time I actually had it on the rocks. I'm itching to see how it works now.
Here is my crawler.

Mike...you told me you painted some bodies but holy cow!! I had no idea they were that nice. I know where I'm getting my bodies from now on.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
What time? How strict are you about the rules and do you have a link to someplace where I can read the rules. I think my ax10 should be legal, I havn't changed the wheelbase but I don't know what other rules there are.

I have to go in to work for some maintenance on our machinery but hope to be off by around noon. Let me know what time and give me some directions and I'll try to show up. I've been wantin to get out crawling bad lately but it is boring to go by myself. I've completely rebuilt my ax10 since the last time I actually had it on the rocks. I'm itching to see how it works now.
Here is my crawler.

Mike...you told me you painted some bodies but holy cow!! I had no idea they were that nice. I know where I'm getting my bodies from now on.
here's a link to the rules:http://www.usrcca.com/rules.htm
I imagine we wont be really strict about the rules for you..... this time
As far as what time.... not too sure yet....
We'll probably meet up at Northland and head up to the site, if you are coming out.... The place they are thinking about going to is above where the indian paintings are just west of Kila on Hwy. 2
The quality of Mike's work is second to none, and he's an overall really nice and helpful guy.... he's earned my business (whether he wants it or not).......
Old 06-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
here's a link to the rules:http://www.usrcca.com/rules.htm
I imagine we wont be really strict about the rules for you..... this time
As far as what time.... not too sure yet....
We'll probably meet up at Northland and head up to the site, if you are coming out.... The place they are thinking about going to is above where the indian paintings are just west of Kila on Hwy. 2
The quality of Mike's work is second to none, and he's an overall really nice and helpful guy.... he's earned my business (whether he wants it or not).......

Thats great..I'll watch here for you to decide on a time. I'm not really that interested in competing...I'd mostly just like to hang out, run my truck a bit and check out what others are running.

I agree Mike is a nice guy. The first time I met him we were crawling behind Northland and he was already giving me advice on my crawler. I had just built it. It was completely stock and that was the first time I ran it.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thats great..I'll watch here for you to decide on a time. I'm not really that interested in competing...I'd mostly just like to hang out, run my truck a bit and check out what others are running.

I agree Mike is a nice guy. The first time I met him we were crawling behind Northland and he was already giving me advice on my crawler. I had just built it. It was completely stock and that was the first time I ran it.
I'm sure Mike will post up the time at some point.... We're really pretty casual when we get together..... Probably just as much BS'ing as crawling
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

We will be going strictly by the rule book for competitions that Matt is bringing... cuzican, you're excused this time around... We'll keep an eye on the weather for Saturday and adjust the time accordingly...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
We will be going strictly by the rule book for competitions that Matt is bringing... cuzican, you're excused this time around... We'll keep an eye on the weather for Saturday and adjust the time accordingly...

I have no problem with going by the book...I'm just not sure my rig meets all the rules. I think it does after reading them...but I'm sure you guys will let me know if it doesn't.
Hopefully I'll be off work in time to head up with you fellers.

On a different note, anybody else order a Slash? I can't wait for them to come out. Wanna do some racing with some of the other guys...

Back on topic, if I don't make it up to Kila I'll go snag pics of some of the other places I was thinking of.

Anybody tried crawling at Bernie park up by the river just before you get to Hungry Horse? If you look past the tree line it looks like there would be some good climbs.

Jeremy
Old 06-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have no problem with going by the book...I'm just not sure my rig meets all the rules. I think it does after reading them...but I'm sure you guys will let me know if it doesn't.
Hopefully I'll be off work in time to head up with you fellers.

On a different note, anybody else order a Slash? I can't wait for them to come out. Wanna do some racing with some of the other guys...

Back on topic, if I don't make it up to Kila I'll go snag pics of some of the other places I was thinking of.

Anybody tried crawling at Bernie park up by the river just before you get to Hungry Horse? If you look past the tree line it looks like there would be some good climbs.

Jeremy
I thought it was you Jeremy, but I wasn't sure.
Your rig meets the regs as long as it;s not over 12.5 inch wheelbase and you don't have rear steer. The body you have is comp legal... If we need to make it a little later on Saturday we can do that so you can make it..
Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #89
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I thought it was you Jeremy, but I wasn't sure.
Your rig meets the regs as long as it;s not over 12.5 inch wheelbase and you don't have rear steer. The body you have is comp legal... If we need to make it a little later on Saturday we can do that so you can make it..
I havn't altered the wheelbase so I imagine I'm legal. I have no rear steer either.
Don't worry about setting the time later for me. Go when its good for everybody. I never know when I'll get off work on maintenance days. Hopefully by noon, then would need an hour or so to get showered and ready to go.
It is pretty common to be in there all day on saturday so don't change the time counting on me being able to show. I've been stuck in there for 30 hours of overtime in one weekend before. It depends on what we find.

I gotta head out for the evening, need to take a nap before I go to work.

This is great, I look forward to hooking up with you guys from time to time. I get bored really fast crawling by myself.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Holy Cow... you guys don't post for days, and all of a sudden ya fill the board in one day, and I wasn't even here to chime in.
I'm up for a comp Sat.
I gotta do some stuff Sat morning but I can bust it out and get out... early afternoon would work best but I won't make you guys plan around me.
I'll bring my tennis balls just in case. And I have some scoresheets we can use. Might have to adjust a li'l but they will work fine I think.

Awesome to see a new member from our area too btw.

Mike did you get my emails last weekend?
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Got your e-mails Jeff, we'll talk about it Saturday...
Get on Yahoo messenger and chat with Matt and I...
Old 06-12-2008, 04:11 AM   #92
Pebble Pounder

tried to catch up with you guys on Yahoo Mike, but I didn't have messenger so by the time I downloaded it and got it installed you were already offline.
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder

things are looking up for me this saturday. My wife has to be at a baby shower for her friend at 2pm. I can use that as an excuse to get outta work at noon. I'll tell them I have to watch my kid while she's gone....although she is taking him with her. So that frees me up for some saturday afternoon crawling. lol
Old 06-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
tried to catch up with you guys on Yahoo Mike, but I didn't have messenger so by the time I downloaded it and got it installed you were already offline.
Jeff, we will probably be on again this evening. We can do a conference...

Quote:
things are looking up for me this saturday. My wife has to be at a baby shower for her friend at 2pm. I can use that as an excuse to get outta work at noon. I'll tell them I have to watch my kid while she's gone....although she is taking him with her. So that frees me up for some saturday afternoon crawling. lol
Jeremy, sounds good I just hope the weather is nice...
Where is it you work again? I may have a word with your boss...
Old 06-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Jeff, we will probably be on again this evening. We can do a conference...

Jeremy, sounds good I just hope the weather is nice...
Where is it you work again? I may have a word with your boss...
Partly cloudy and mid 70's for Saturday.....so the weatherman says
Old 06-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Partly cloudy and mid 70's for Saturday.....so the weatherman says
You need to get a better source than that Matt...
Atleast a source that's right 50% of the time...
Old 06-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
You need to get a better source than that Matt...
Atleast a source that's right 50% of the time...
http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-...etric=0&fday=3:-P
Old 06-12-2008, 06:28 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

The only 100% true weather report:

"Yep, we're going to have some weather."
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
The only 100% true weather report:

"Yep, we're going to have some weather."
I guess you're right...
Are you in for the weekend comp/bs session?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Are you in for the weekend comp/bs session?
Already had plans for camping, but if it falls through? Maybe post the time here.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote