Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: West Kila

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default West Kila

Went out to scout around and this is what I saw... days of crawling w/out crawling the same line twice. Pretty wet this AM. But some dry spots under the trees and cliffs, but the rest would be unbelievable with a couple hours of drying. Goes for 1-2 miles along hwy 2 accessable from some pullouts on the highway, or a li'l dirt road above it.( actually the "old railroad grade") I looked on the map and it shows it is Plum Creek land so use is ok, just no offroad motorized vehicles... oh wait, is that what we have?
anayway if the rain lets up... well worth the drive.

The last two are in town behind Bitneys, looks cool but has re-bar and cables sticking out all over it, and if ya fell off... well ouch.
Attached Images

JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

oooohhhh I'm game, looks pretty cool. I got 3 different sets of tires, one of 'em outta be good for wet rocks What do you think, meet up at Steve's and then follow you out there? Hope Mike sees this thread, too....
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I been lookin' at the radar and looks like we're gonna get a break here in a li'l while maybe for bit anyway.
I saw Mike yesterday at Steves, and he said he was up for it but I am sure not in the rain. It was still just barely drizzlin' out there 1/2 hour ago, but that should be stopping anytime. Then once it stops if the wet stuff had an hour or two even, to dry, I think it would be good.

I never got Mikes number either, so I can't call him. Yesterday I tried to get Grant to bring his "show rig" ( man he keeps that thing clean) but he said he was goin' dirt bikin'...

So lets see what develops here in the next hour and make plans from there, that gives the rain time to stop, rocks time start the dryin' prcoess and Mike time to wake his ass up!!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I got some stuff I gotta get done around here, so I'll keep an eye out here and let me know what you want to do
Old 05-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

ok i'm watching the radar and things look good for here in a bit... I just got another 5 minute shower that got everything good and wet, so now I can get a pretty good gauge on what the rocks might be like by watching my rocks here, basically the same type of rock, least get an idea on how long it takes for crawling conditions, I think if they are real wet it's gonna be tough cuz they have some moss on them and were pretty slick when I was out walkin them. Plus I am waitin' to see if Mike post's, I am game whenever tho... if we gotta move around a bit to do the dry spots until some of the others dry, fine by me.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Just let me know what time. I need to go test/scratch up this new JConcepts body. Maybe Matt can swing by and pick me up to same on a little gas...
Plus I need to charge my crap...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike1969 View Post
Just let me know what time. I need to go test/scratch up this new JConcepts body. Maybe Matt can swing by and pick me up to same on a little gas...
Plus I need to charge my crap...
No prob, Mike... I can pick you up... I gotta drop the new lid off to you anyway. Just give me an idea of what time you guys want to go. I'm free anytime
Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I am gonna head out there here in a few minutes... so whenever you guys wanna come out... if you do... I'll park on the hwy so you can find me... just before or at the Indian paintings.