Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: any crawlers in Montana besides me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up any crawlers in Montana besides me?

Just checking to see if any of you crawlers are near me at all, prolly not, montana is like BFE. I am not too far from the Utah or Idaho crew I don't think. My wife to be just moved here from boulder co, 10 minutes from where badger is crawling this weekend, dammit!
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
any crawlers in Montana besides me?
I don't think you're so alone anymore
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That thread had me confused then I notice the date of Ben's post, pretty interesting.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
That thread had me confused then I notice the date of Ben's post, pretty interesting.
yes how times have changed.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Hi Ben, that one had me going for a minute. I was checking out your site maps for the Nats and on Ariel view it looks so cool nice crawler country you live.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I want to move there when I win the lotto!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #7

I'm new to montana just moved here from louisiana, I'm livin in Glasgow now. just wondering are there any crawlers in this area I need to find some good places to go.
natetj97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Glasgow huh....Kind of like one big ass windy wheat field. LOL....Kalispell here. The eastern part of the state is like being on the moon.....

What took you to Glasgow?
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Glasgow huh....Kind of like one big ass windy wheat field. LOL....Kalispell here. The eastern part of the state is like being on the moon.....
X2..... Isn't Glasgow in like North Dakota.....oh wait
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Well welcome aboard Nate. Good luck finding local crawlers in Glascow, Billings might be about the closest to you. What the heck brought you to Glascow?
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #11

family brought me here, my grandparents living here for about 10 years and i had to get out of loiusiana. I like it here, but some mountains would be nice. I met one of the guys from stormer hobbies, he told me of some places to go crawl
Old 06-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #12

what rigs are yall runnig? Mine is a wheely king if you can still call it that, the only unmoded parts are the shocks and the trans case.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natetj97 View Post
what rigs are yall runnig? Mine is a wheely king if you can still call it that, the only unmoded parts are the shocks and the trans case.
Right now I'm running a AX-10, but that will change soon. It has a CC Sidewinder and bec, HH Revolver, YR shocks, Hitec high torque servo, 8 cell split pack, MSD beadlocks, Losi Claws and JP Custom RC Jeep Comp lid.
Anyway, welcome aboard
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #14

I guess I could give the specs of mine: custom home-built frame, servo mount,and axle truss/link mounts, shaved axle housings, novak 55t w/ crawler ed. rooster, rc4wd straight axles, tcs cvds and gears and lockers, ckrc tranny gears, hitec hi-torque servo, currently rock claws on cr-01 wheels, of course built to 2.2 specs 12.5 wheelbase, and to top it a dovetailed frt and rear stock wk body. lots of work in to get most of the torque twist out, and kinda figured out frt anti-squat. sorry if i was long-winded.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Welcome aboard...sounds like a nicely converted WK.
I'm running an AX10 with rock claws on stock wheels, novak 55t/ rooster crawler, bent links, straight rear axle. I still use most of the stock parts..however I have relocated the shocks, upper & lower links, and all of my electronics.
Next up I'm gonna try a droop setup and convert the upper links to a true 4-link setup to eliminate some of the torque twist.
I used a wheelie king widening kit on mine because I need the clearance or my front tires rub the shocks when turned to full lock. However it is wider than I would like so I'm gonna take the kit out of the rear, and shave down the front wideners to be just wide enough to give me the clearance I need.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Mod AX-10
custom links, custom rear 3 link mount, custom 4 link up front, links moved inside chassis, semi droop setup, FX-R ESC with Int 55T ( haven't put in the tekin 55t yet) JR high torque servo. custom electronics mounts, custom chassis braces with shocks outboard of chassis, rock claws on axial beadlocks. split 6 cell pack on front axle. Maximizer diff lockers(installed soon) other than that it's pretty much stock
Old 06-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
Mod AX-10
custom links, custom rear 3 link mount, custom 4 link up front, links moved inside chassis, semi droop setup, FX-R ESC with Int 55T ( haven't put in the tekin 55t yet) JR high torque servo. custom electronics mounts, custom chassis braces with shocks outboard of chassis, rock claws on axial beadlocks. split 6 cell pack on front axle. Maximizer diff lockers(installed soon) other than that it's pretty much stock

Whats better about the maximizer diff lockers as opposed to the stock axial ones?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

stronger aluminum... least til I can get some steel ones
Old 06-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Stormer Hobbies is in Glasgow. Mail order rc company. Thought I heard the owners were getting into it. Might give them a call. Not sure if the still have a local store front. If they do, they could give you a low down on the locals.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
stronger aluminum... least til I can get some steel ones
Cool, I didn't know there was a problem with the aluminum ones. Maybe I better start looking for some steel ones too.

I just changed my rig to full droop this weekend. Not sure if I like it or not.
I had to cut the grill portion off my body (hope that doesn't make it illegal) off to clear my steering servo/battery on the front axle because it sits so low now. I may end up putting the springs back on it. I'll have to try it on the rocks first. Kind of a bummer if I decide to change it back since I already hacked up my new body to fit the droop setup.