Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Clubs in Montana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Clubs in Montana

For anyone who is new to crawling in Montana, depending on where you live in the state, there will be a comp near you. We all know this state is HUGE so you may have to drive a little to compete, but I assure you it is worth it. There is a club that has local events quite often in the Helena area and in the Flathead valley area. The two clubs as of now are:

MTRCRC , contact person : Unimoger, Helena area
supported by www.montanascaledeisgns.com
MTRCRC points series for 2009 starts in november.
We run 2.2, super and are planning on adding 1.9 also. We follow the current USRCCA rules. You do not need to be a member to compete, that is only if you want to be a part of the points series.

FVRCRC , contact person : JE racing, Kalispell - flathead area
--- they also have a forum and website for more info:http://fvrcrc.myfreeforum.org/index.php

I have been doing rc crawling for a long time, I am happy to help anyone out setting up their rig to play or to compete. The great thing about rccrawling is that everyone in this sport is ready to help anyone new out to get them involved in the sport. Here is a post back in 2005 when I thought I was the only guy in Montana who was crawling.
any crawlers in Montana besides me?

Now there are lots and lots of guys in Montana who love to crawl.
I hope to see all of you on the rocks in the coming year at one of these two great club's events and maybe even at the MSD 2009 Scale Nationals in May in Helena.

- Unimoger , Ben Palmer

Last edited by Unimoger; 11-03-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Thanks for including our club on your list, Ben.
Our schedule for our Winter Series is tentatively set for:
Comp #1 Nov 16
Comp # 2 Dec 7
Comp # 3 Jan 4 Locations TBA
Comp # 4 Jan 18
Make up Day Feb 1

We'll also have a Spring Series, Summer Series and Fall Series.

As well as Jeff (JEracing) being a contact person, myself and Mike (MikeyMike1969) can also be contacted for details.

Anybody
is more than welcome to attend our comps, You do not need to be a member of FVRCRC to attend

We currently run 2.2 comp class, following USRCCA rules. We're also discussing adding 1.9 comp class and Super class to our comps, as interest grows

Our club also has a forum: Here
And a website: Here

Last edited by montana.matt; 11-04-2008 at 08:06 PM.
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

no problem at all Matt.

Here is the schedule for the MTRCRC 2009 season, you do NOT need to be a member to compete, that is only for the points series. We welcome ANYONE who wants to come out.

Our 2009 series is about to begin, we will have 8 comps and the winners will be crowned in June 09'. The top 2 finishers in each class will get a invite to the Moab Nationals 2009. We will run 2.2 , super and 1.9 depending on attendance.

We will follow USRCCA rules to the tee, so make sure your rig complies. Each comp will start at 10am and tech is at 9am, drivers meeting at 9:45am.

here is a link to the USRCCA rules: http://usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf

We will be collecting dues at the first comp, $25 for the series,it includes a club sticker for each of your comp crawlers and will cover the comp costs, materials and trophies for the winners at the finals.

You DO NOT need to be a member to compete, it is just for the points series.

The season points breakdown goes like this:

: 5 points for competing.

: 12 Points for 1st
: 10 Points for 2nd
: 8 Points for 3rd
: 4 Points for 4th
: 1 Point for 5th

: 1 Point for the top finisher of a course

The season schedule goes like this:

Nov 22, 2008 MTRCRC 1 ( Butte )
Dec 13, 2008 MTRCRC 2 ( Helena )
Jan 17, 2009 MTRCRC 3 (TBD)
Feb 21, 2009 MTRCRC 4 (TBD)
Mar 14, 2009 MTRCRC 5 (TBD)
Apr 18, 2009 MTRCRC 6 (TBD)
May 2, 2009 MTRCRC 7 (TBD)
Jun 20, 2009 MTRCRC 8 FINALS ( Helena )

If you want to pay dues early, email myself, slobin3d or yawzer and we will get you set up. We have opened a account at the bank for a non-profit organization, MTRCRC, all $ will be there, we will have a treasurers report of what the $ goes for and where it is spent for the members.

If you have any questions and need any help setting up your rigs, we are all here to help you in anyway we can.

We are looking forward to a great series, see you on the rocks.

- Unimoger
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote