Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Comp / gtg near bozeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Smile Comp / gtg near bozeman

Hey all - the gang here in Bozeman has found a spot that is as good or better than the "Montana Moab" near Helena - lots of great crawling. It's right outside of Norris (west of Bozeman) - easy to get to for Butte people and Helena people - you Butte crawlers would turn south at Cardwell, down 359 thru Harrison to Norris - Helena pep's can either go to Three Forks, hop on the Interstate (90) head to Cardwell then south on 359, or go thru Boulder, hop on 69 to Cardwell then south to Norris.

Anyway - we would like to hold an unofficial comp/ GTG this coming weekend - we need to know if there will be enough interest so please sign up here with your choice of Saturday or Sunday and we'll see if we can make this happen. We would love to see the Butte people - haven't seen them much of late.

Thanks

Ron "yawzer"

READ POST #6 - READ POST #6 - READ POST #6 - READ POST #6 -READ POST #6 -READ POST #6

Last edited by Yawzer; 07-21-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Is the Flathead crowd invited too?

I might be able to make it if I get my LCC finished up
(doesn't matter what day)
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

sorry ron, as I told you on the phone, I will be in CO all next week for a family reunion.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

But of course the flathead people are invited - I just thought it might be too long of a drive for just a GTG - we would love to have you all - I keep trying to make to the Flathead for one of your comps - work keeps getting in the way of having fun - why is that - oh ya, I remember - $$$$ is required to eat.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

It's "only" 283 miles

Would be a cool overnight trip. If we don't get our ATV's back from the shop this week and I get my comp rig finished up, there is a 99% chance I'll be there
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Revised plan of attack!!! It just would not a comp without Mr. Palmer - lets try for the following weekend - it will give us all more time to plan & tune our rigs

HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN MAKE THE FIRST WEEKEND OF AUGUST (OR LAST WEEKEND OF JULY (I don't a calender) - not this coming weekend but the next.

Maybe if Ben's not there & nobody tells Marty I might stand a chance - altho the new Losi is working better than my cheater rig.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Good news Matt - hope to see you & your new rig. & This place is a great place to run around on ATV's - trails & dirt roads everywhere
Old 07-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

3/4 of the Gruffles crew are heading up north that weekend....you are talking labor day right?!?!?!?
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Ron are you talking about the rocks east of Norris on 84? If so the GF and Helena guys just need to go down 287, no need to go to Cardwell. I won't have crawler until after Aug 8. Come to Ben's shop on the 8th and between everyone we should be able to hammer something out.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

The rocks are west of Norris - up a dirt road a couple of miles - I took some pics last weekend & will post them here soon.

I will be a Ben's shop on Aug 8th & we will figure a good date for everyone while we're all there.