Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: ~~ CC-01 Scale Class ~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerBrad View Post
Is there a pic on Tamiya's site? Might have to get that instead of a Jeep.

I haven't been able to find any other info. I can only hope it's a hard body. They already have FJ40 body in lexan for the cr-01, fingers crossed.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
I can only hope it's a hard body.
X1000000000
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Will the courses for this class be non-winch friendly?
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerBrad View Post
Will the courses for this class be non-winch friendly?
yes, these will be more of a " Trail Ride " style course. I think everyone is gonna have a blast with this.

Some have asked why stock CC-01's , the reason for that is that they do not drive that well out of the box, small mods can make them very capable and we will encourage that, but we are not trying to have a COMP class with these, trying to keep them all even, that is what makes it FUN!
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
RCC Addict

To ad to what Ben was saying about modifications to the CC-01, he was lucky enough to score Kaetwo's CC-01 Jeep YJ with some nice mods. Check it out in the CC-01 forum

Maybe some buddy courses could be included in some of the CC-01 events?

Last edited by montana.matt; 09-05-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I'm going to start gathering parts this weekend for mine, I want to try and not have a lot of money in it to start off with. Should be a fun little project to work on.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #27
RCC Addict

So what's everybody gonna build?
Do you have 1:1 pics for inspiration?
I'm gonna build a Rally type rig instead of the usual trail rig
Here's what I'm using for inspiration:

I know where to get the hard body and I have a source for Dakar rally decals
Old 09-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Looks like you'll have a sweet rig. I'm just gonna build a Jeep to start out with.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Matt--your rig is the reason I wanted a CC01...with that trailer and quad...then after I picked up Blazerboggers S-10 (see cco1 thread) I thought that a pop up trailer would be cool..
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Matt--your rig is the reason I wanted a CC01...with that trailer and quad...then after I picked up Blazerboggers S-10 (see cco1 thread) I thought that a pop up trailer would be cool..
Don't blame me
I've been following your S-10 build and it's turning out pretty nice
Old 09-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

So would a ta01/02 chassis be allowed? This includes the Hummvee and stadium trucks providing hard bodies are attatched?.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So would a ta01/02 chassis be allowed? This includes the Hummvee and stadium trucks providing hard bodies are attatched?.

I would say yes, because they also have IFS.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

I'd like to run Proline Flatirons and that would require a bit of of body lift, thats OK? If business goes well enough for me I'd like to run all 3 classes. Is there a deadline for entry and how much is fee for easch class. Also on 2.2 scale whats the boundaries of scale to pro/comp. Could I run an Axail with a scale body or do I need something like an SCX10?
kennebell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennebell50 View Post
I'd like to run Proline Flatirons and that would require a bit of of body lift, thats OK? If business goes well enough for me I'd like to run all 3 classes. Is there a deadline for entry and how much is fee for easch class. Also on 2.2 scale whats the boundaries of scale to pro/comp. Could I run an Axail with a scale body or do I need something like an SCX10?

The goal of this event is to bring SCALE rigs. This is not a USRCCA pro comp. Please keep that in mind.

The 1.9 scale class will be limited to all 1.9" rim sized rigs.

- This class is for the typical street legal rigs, that you run off road. aka a daily driver / weekend wheeler, something you would drive to and from the trail.
- You may cut down and modify a 2.2 tire to fit a 1.9 rim, you will get a point penalty for this , *see below*
- All OEM 1.9" tires are legal, any modified tire can be no larger than 4.4"
- Track width can be NO more than 9.5" in the 1.9 class
- Flywheels brand wheels, CAC 2.0 wheels, 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed.
- You must run a complete body, including bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained, Fenders may be cut, or flat fendered, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the Scale Nationals Committee members.
- A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a Functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules do not apply to tubed beds).
- No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all ! If you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
- No " DIG " of any kind is allowed.
- Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
- Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You CANNOT mount the battery ON the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.
- You may only run 1 truck in each class, you Cannot run the same truck in both classes.
If you feel your rig is borderline, be prepared to modify it if it does not pass tech inspection. AND/ OR bring a BACKUP rig just incase.

The 2.2 scale class will be limited to 2.2" rim sized rigs.

- This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road. You would most likely " TRAILER " these to the trailhead.
- All 2.2" OEM tires are legal, any modified tire may only be 5.2" tall
- Track width can be NO more than 10.5" in the 2.2 class
- You must run a complete body, bumpers, including fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained, Fenders may be cut, or flat fendered, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the Scale Nationals Committee members.
- A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a Functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).
- No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all! if you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
- No " DIG " of any kind is allowed.
- Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
- Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You CANNOT mount the battery ON the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.
- You may only run 1 truck in each class, you Cannot run the same truck in both classes.
If you feel your rig is borderline, be prepared to modify it if it does not pass tech inspection. AND/ OR bring a BACKUP rig just incase.

" TUBERS " If you plan to run a tuber in EITHER class, here is what you need to know. It must have a full interior, 2 front seats SIDE BY SIDE, a dash, a steering wheel, a hood panel, a roof panel and a left and right side panel. If it is a jeep, it needs to resemble a jeep. The minimum size for the tubers is as follows:

Height 5 " , measured from bottom of skid pan to the roof top
Width 5 " , measured from the middle of the door bars, side to side
length 14" , this does NOT include bumpers or stingers, just the chassis

NOTE: this does not apply if you have a truggy or back halfed truck with a conventional frame and cab.

BOTH CLASSES, NO COMP OR TVP CHASSIS, NO FRAME EXTENSIONS TO MAKE IT SCALE EITHER, PERIOD. THIS IS A SCALE EVENT GUYS. Example of these chassis are: SWX, J2-TT, GC-2, etc.... also, NO MOA axles in ether class.

There will points deducted for these scale items, these will happen at tech inspection and be deducted from your final TOTAL score at the end of the day. " Max deduct points per rig is 25 "

1. Hard body -5
2. Leaf sprung, 1 axle -2, both axles -5
3. Trailer " must be towed during entire comp " -5
4. Interior -3 , with driver -5
5. Spare tire" Functional " -3 , looks only -1
6. Winch for looks only -1
7. Winch Functional - 3
8. Led's of any kind, must be front and rear and functional during comp -2
9. Bumpers, front -1 , rear -1, both -3
10. Tube frame, exo cage, tube bed, must be made of METAL -3
11. Roof rack, ladder rack, headache rack, must be made of metal -2
12. Boat or canoe, must be removable -3
13. Un-modded OEM tires -3 , this is for 1.9 and 2.2, modded tires, 1.9 class only +2 , 2.2 modded tires will not be penalized.
14. Chassis mounted steering servo -5 , Axle mounted servo +2
15. Camping stuff - Cooler, sleeping bags , tent, camping gear, shovel , axe -1
16. Recovery stuff - hi-lift jack, tools, pick, jerry can, Functional tow strap, d-rings, snatch block -1
" ^^^^ You must have 4 of these items on line 15 and or 16 to receive a -1, you may add more, but no points will be awarded. "

Scoring Points :

Gate progress -1
Reverse +1, you will get 1 free reverse per gate
Gate +5
Reposition +10
Rollover +5
Touch +5
Repair +10, " no time limit on repair " you will receive 1 minute added to your time when you return to the course
Winching / Rescue , you +2, get help +5 * see below *
DNF highest score +20
DNS highest score +50

Winching:

- if you use YOUR winch on YOUR truck, +2
- if someone winches you or tow straps you , Rescue +5

Tire Modding:

- What we consider a tire mod, narrowing, sectioning, reducing, sanding down, sipping or cutting, putting two styles together.
- Any of these things will constitute a " MODDED " tire and will receive the penalty points in the 1.9 class.

Courses:

- There will be 4 courses and a finals course for the top 5 finishers.
- There will be 6-8 gates and a time limit of approx 8 min on each course.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

That was very helpful. I never would have been able to pass without that info. On the CC-01 class since they have glass I'm assuming you don't need the interior?
kennebell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennebell50 View Post
That was very helpful. I never would have been able to pass without that info. On the CC-01 class since they have glass I'm assuming you don't need the interior?
You don't need an interior in any of the scale classes. An interior just scores you points (not to mention they look cool when done right).... which can come in handy
Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Scratch the Bowler Wildcat. I just scored a lightly modded CC-01 Land Rover LR3 and some Land Rover G4 Challenge decals. I think I'll be going for this look:

All I need is somebody to slap a Tangiers orange paint job on the shell. I know Mike has been wanting to try painting a hardbody... Maybe now's his chance
Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I ordered my CC-01 today but I have to wait to pick it up until after the Norris comp when I have money.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

well TB...did you get it???
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Guess I'll have to keep an eye on this for more info.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYEH3&P=7

cc-01 land cruiser.

Must have been a typo, no longer valid?