Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana
Loading

Notices

Thread: RC Track in Great Falls Area?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,023
Default RC Track in Great Falls Area?

Just wondering if there is a RC track in or around the Great Falls area?

Thanks,
Mike
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Great Falls
Posts: 506
Default

There is one at the West Gate Mall. I think they are mostly running RC10's. I haven't been involved with it. Here is the website
www.bigskyraceway.com
big78ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,023
Default

Thanks, looks like I'll be moving over there from Kalispell pretty soon.
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: four o six
Posts: 2,101
Default

its a pretty flat track, but they are still working on it. Ran my slash on it and had more fun on the parking lot.

why are you moving here??

you need anything, just let us know...we are a odd friendly bunch...
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,023
Default

We'll have to try to hook up sometime this week. It really depends on my work schedule...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leaving black marks on Hwy 200
Posts: 128
Default

Don't worry ladies, if you show up you won't be the only slow racers, other peoples wives and girlfriends are now running some laps. I figure you guys must be scared of loosing or something, why else would you have not shown your faces around the track. Come on out on the weekends. We are there Saturdays and some Sundays around mid day. I've reworked the track alittle but its tough without much help. Jon shame on you for that statement, but the track is better now. I'd love to see some more brushless SC trucks out there. Its pretty lonely being #1.
kennebell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: four o six
Posts: 2,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennebell50 View Post
Don't worry ladies, if you show up you won't be the only slow racers, other peoples wives and girlfriends are now running some laps. I figure you guys must be scared of loosing or something, why else would you have not shown your faces around the track. Come on out on the weekends. We are there Saturdays and some Sundays around mid day. I've reworked the track alittle but its tough without much help. Jon shame on you for that statement, but the track is better now. I'd love to see some more brushless SC trucks out there. Its pretty lonely being #1.

Ladies???

you runnin 1.9 or 2.2 on this track???

Last edited by squatch71; 06-06-2010 at 01:55 PM.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leaving black marks on Hwy 200
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Ladies???

you runnin 1.9 or 2.2 on this track???
Most here are 2.2outer/3.0 inner(ShortCoruse wheels). I thaught there would have been alittle more participation at this track, you guys only live a stones throw from it. Andy says he is getting in some 1/8 SC nitro trucks for sale. I've been considering doing something too since he wants nothing to do with the brands that actually sell and people like. I was considering running a mobile hobby shop out of a single enclosed trailer. That way on race days I could sell trucks, parts, and batteries right at the track. Tons of people are stopping by and asking about the trucks. I think they would sell pretty easy.
kennebell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: four o six
Posts: 2,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennebell50 View Post
Most here are 2.2outer/3.0 inner(ShortCoruse wheels). I thaught there would have been alittle more participation at this track, you guys only live a stones throw from it. Andy says he is getting in some 1/8 SC nitro trucks for sale. I've been considering doing something too since he wants nothing to do with the brands that actually sell and people like. I was considering running a mobile hobby shop out of a single enclosed trailer. That way on race days I could sell trucks, parts, and batteries right at the track. Tons of people are stopping by and asking about the trucks. I think they would sell pretty easy.

Nice.....Andys trying to make a living for his family, worked really hard on the track (sure you have to) and you want to sell parts at HIS track?

and on the size of tires....you didn't get it.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Powered by Awesome
 
TwistedXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 3,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennebell50 View Post
Most here are 2.2outer/3.0 inner(ShortCoruse wheels). I thaught there would have been alittle more participation at this track, you guys only live a stones throw from it. Andy says he is getting in some 1/8 SC nitro trucks for sale. I've been considering doing something too since he wants nothing to do with the brands that actually sell and people like. I was considering running a mobile hobby shop out of a single enclosed trailer. That way on race days I could sell trucks, parts, and batteries right at the track. Tons of people are stopping by and asking about the trucks. I think they would sell pretty easy.
easy - this is a border line vendorish feeler thread (no star) - (and no ethics towards other business owners) - this conversation can stop here.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leaving black marks on Hwy 200
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Nice.....Andys trying to make a living for his family, worked really hard on the track (sure you have to) and you want to sell parts at HIS track?

and on the size of tires....you didn't get it.
I guess I didn't get it on the tire thing. Funny how make assumptions on the other thing though. I've put countless hours and money into making that track what it is today. As far as parts and truck sales I haven't done anything with that yet and I've discussed it with Andy ahead of time and it would only be for the items he has no plans on selling himself. I guess the truck loads of dirt and many hours of labor isn't good enough for a non participant though. Before you form those kinds of opinions you may want to have alittle knowledge of the situation first huh. At first I was hoping to see you guys come out and join us in the fun but at this point I think I would forfit my position at the track and with the club if you showed. I just can't stand being trash talked when you haven't gotten the full story.
kennebell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com