Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: MTRCRC Alberton Comp »» Sunday 2-27

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default *Change* MTRCRC Alberton Comp »» Sunday 3-6

We're going to shoot for a comp on the 27th. The snow hasn't been too bad out there so far. I will check it on Saturday as well as the 26th just to let everyone know what the conditions are.

I'd like to get everything rolling by 10:00 on Sunday. USRCCA rules apply and there are some small changes for 2011.

Post up if you're going, if there's enough people we can run it like we did last year.

Last edited by TruckerBrad; 02-20-2011 at 02:22 PM.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Pics and vids is all I can say
Have a great time
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hopefully the weather holds. The last couple times it has dumped in Missoula there was barely a dusting out there. I will go out there after lunch on the 26th and see what it looks like. If there's a bunch of snow the backup plan is the rockpile at the Hobby Garage since the frisbee golfers have pretty much taken Edgar's over. I will let Ben ans Jeff know as soon as I can the day before and they can get the word out to everyone else.

If there's any new people coming post up and I can post rhe directions to the comp spot.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I didn't get a chance to drive out there today. I didn't get home until lunch and I had an eye appointment and a dinner to go to tonight. I'm off tomorrow so I'll drive out there and check things out.

However......Things aren't looking real promising for the 27th for Alberton or Helena. It's supposed to get cold again with lows in the single digits or below zero so whatever snow we do get will be hanging around for a few days. Here's the 10 day forecasts for Alberton and Helena.

What's everyone's thoughts? Want to hold off and try for the first Sunday in March?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Decided to try for Sunday March 6th and hope the weather straightens out a little bit. It was 18 and snowing in Alberton today and highs this week are mostly below the freezing mark.

I will check next Saturday and keep everyone updated.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The forecast for Helena looks better for the 6th than Alberton does. What does everyone want to do?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

forecasts for Kalispell Alberton Helena ( being the better of the three) all look like miserable crawling weather, but its your call, if the rocks are bare, it's not snowing, and the wind chill is above death by frostbite, I'm game.
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Now it looks like they changed the forecast(s) again for everywhere and now it's showing snow for Alberton and Helena for Sunday. With lows in the 20s if it does snow overnight we wouldn't be starting too soon.

I vote that we just wait a couple more weeks and see what happens towards the end of March.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerBrad View Post
Now it looks like they changed the forecast(s) again for everywhere and now it's showing snow for Alberton and Helena for Sunday. With lows in the 20s if it does snow overnight we wouldn't be starting too soon.

I vote that we just wait a couple more weeks and see what happens towards the end of March.
If ya don't like the weather, wait five minutes

I don't put much stock into extended forecasts up here. Never pans out. Especially if you pay attention to idiot forecasters like that dude on KECI. He's got a 50/50 chance of being right, and he always seems to come out on the loosing end
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I don't put much into their chance of precip but the temps aren't too far off usually. When I went past Alberton today in the truck it looked like you'd need tire chains and snow boots to comp there, with more snow on the way.

Hopefully this crap will get better by the middle or end of March and we can start comping again. All I know is that there's an assload of snow all over our side of the state.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
I'm a stupid C U N T!

we still have 4-5 on the rocks in town, remini and edgars are worse.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote