LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

dont forget about me ben:-P, you know im always down for a comp
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Ben,I convinced my friend to get into crawling. He is a computer whiz. If you dont want the sole responsibility of creating and maintaining a club site Im sure once he and I get more established he would be more than willing to pitch in on a site. Just a thaught
cyberhog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Sounds good, keep me posted.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #24

Put another dot on the map for GF. What do the most of you fellow Montanan's run? 2.2 or super? Got a Clod I started planning for about 2 years ago, and an Axial set to be here Wed. Wondering wich I should concentrate on.. Alan
Diablo_Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

2.2 for me. mod axial scorpion
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo_Montana View Post
Put another dot on the map for GF. What do the most of you fellow Montanan's run? 2.2 or super? Got a Clod I started planning for about 2 years ago, and an Axial set to be here Wed. Wondering wich I should concentrate on.. Alan
Im running a Da Bull chassis 2.2. If it ever gets here!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:21 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

In helena we run 2.2 , super and both scale classes, 1.9 and 2.2
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo_Montana View Post

My buddy and I both live in GF and run 2.2's, but I have some 1.9 scalers too. We also run some nitro stuff, but lately we've just been doing the electric crawler/scaler thing. PM me if you wanna hook up and shoot the shit or something dude. It's good to see someone else in Great Falls that's into the scene.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #29

My lightly modded Axial arrived yesterday (and spent a couple hours up crawling on the rims...) for my first crawler. With Ben's help I'm REALLY looking forward to building a scale rig though. I always enjoy the modeling aspect of things at least as much as I do the competitive aspects, but there's very little opportunity for real modeling in RC. Now that changes!
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #30
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
In helena we run 2.2 , super and both scale classes, 1.9 and 2.2
Don't forget Spec class, once I get my axial
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #31
RCC Addict

I've got a bone stock Axial that's a mess right now.... I'm looking forward to getting it straightened out and then start a scale project with some of Ben's parts...
As far as other RC stuff... I've got a Jato, HPI RS4, Nitro Vee boat, electric helicopter and 1/6th P-51 Mustang. My wife has a Revo. Out of all my RC stuff, I've had the most fun with my AX-10. I think crawling slow is a lot more fun than haulin' ass....
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Man my wife still thinks crawlers are toys!!! She thinks I am a 29 yr old child. I guess since she doesnt know how much I have spent in the hobby she can remain calling it a toy!! Your wife has a Revo thats pretty cool she is involved in the hobby with you. Congrats!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhog05 View Post
Man my wife still thinks crawlers are toys!!! She thinks I am a 29 yr old child. I guess since she doesnt know how much I have spent in the hobby she can remain calling it a toy!! Your wife has a Revo thats pretty cool she is involved in the hobby with you. Congrats!
Yeah, I lucked out for sure She's pretty tolerant of all my different hobbies (except when I told her I wanted to turn her Revo into a nitro crawler;))
Old 01-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

matt, whats wrong with your AX? And very cool on the wife having a Revo, my wife is in line with cyberhogs... lol although I do get her to swing thru northland and pick me up parts on her way home from work, but thats about it.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
matt, whats wrong with your AX? And very cool on the wife having a Revo, my wife is in line with cyberhogs... lol although I do get her to swing thru northland and pick me up parts on her way home from work, but thats about it.
There's nothing seriously wrong with my AX-10.... Just experimenting with placing my receiver and esc in different places to try to get the weight distributed just right (a lot of butt connectors). I already have a 7 cell split pack straddling the front diff, but wanted to see what more I could do.
I've sent my wife on many missions to see Steve about parts. It's hard to get in there when I work 12-15 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week...
Old 01-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

ahhh I gotcha,
thats what I like about my ax, it's a really good place to start... I've done a few things to mine and have a few more I'd lke to do. Gotta get rid of the rear steer and figure out how to build a dig setup.
You goin' to Helena? I wanna go BAD! but I dunno if I can yet. Gotta see whats left after the bills. I should know on friday I guess.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
ahhh I gotcha,
thats what I like about my ax, it's a really good place to start... I've done a few things to mine and have a few more I'd lke to do. Gotta get rid of the rear steer and figure out how to build a dig setup.
You goin' to Helena? I wanna go BAD! but I dunno if I can yet. Gotta see whats left after the bills. I should know on friday I guess.
Don't like the rear steer? I was thinking about doing that with mine, but not too sure yet...
Yeah, we're going to Helena (the wife wants to come and hang out with the boys, I guess). We were thinking about staying in Helena Saturday night, then going to the gig on Sunday. I drive 1200+ miles a week between Eureka and Missoula, so I need a break... If you were going to stay in Helena Saturday night, I don't see why you couldn't ride with us (the Charger has a big trunk for luggage and crawlers)...
Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Well cool and thanks for the offer, still have to wait and see kinda, we're going to the Vegas race in march so we are trying to save everything we can but if there is just a li'l extra I'm there.
And as far as staying, I hadn't planned on it but I'm sure I could.
OK now the rear steer, I love it... it is a huge difference and is alot of fun( probably no bigger than "dig" ) but you can't have it and compete in the 2.2 class... you can have dig tho... supers have rear steer and I guess a 2.2 won't really compete with a super, the tire size just won't cut it, learned that on another board
I've looked at several peoples dig set up and I just haven't seen one that looks reliable. Except maybe a tranny with disconnect but I don't have the extra $$$ to throw at this rig for a tranny at the moment, most of the mods I have done have been pretty cheap but have made a HUGE difference from stock form. Custom bent links, rear steer with links I made, the servo I had, battery split with 3 over the front servo and 3 over the rear servo, wheelbase pushed out to 12.5 inches (max for 2.2) shocks and lower links moved inbord on the axle (soon to be switched to links inbord shocks moved outbord of the mount) and I wanna move the links to the inside of the chassis as soon as a buddy gets a skid plate milled for me.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

anyone else on this board from bozeman? or am I the only one?
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Mike in Kalispell,
1.9 scaler...

CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote