Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: Mack m123a1c 10 ton 6x6 army truck..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
Karlos- ya I think I'll atempt a trailer after this truck but I don't think I'll do a tank LOL I'll just have to find someone who has one already lol

Slowstang88- that's awesome man! Can you tell me how far deep does the glovebox go? Also how do the vent plates( above fender below hood) latch closed?
Tnredneck- thanks man !!
i can measure the glovebox dimensions tomorrow, i cant really recall off the top of my head.. as for the vents, if youre talking about the ones behind andunder the hoodline, theres brackets/friction springs on the front and rear of the vents so they can be opened to the front and rear. if youd like, i can take pics for you and email them or post them here, these will be m-35a2c's but the vents, glovebox, and majority of the cab are identical. please pm me for a reminder, i would bookmark this but my vista is acting stupid again and hid it..
slowstang88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonsATV View Post
That's known as the cowl.

You're off to a great start, can't wait to see this one finished. Subscribed!!
cool man learn something new every day thanks !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowstang88 View Post
i can measure the glovebox dimensions tomorrow, i cant really recall off the top of my head.. as for the vents, if youre talking about the ones behind andunder the hoodline, theres brackets/friction springs on the front and rear of the vents so they can be opened to the front and rear. if youd like, i can take pics for you and email them or post them here, these will be m-35a2c's but the vents, glovebox, and majority of the cab are identical. please pm me for a reminder, i would bookmark this but my vista is acting stupid again and hid it..
its cool man i went ahead and just guesstamated lol oh on the vents i went to a local army surplus where they have an old m32 sitting out there and i took a bunch of pics of the latches and the panel but thanks man !!

got small updates as soon as the dash is done being detailed, i can start on the windsheild/ fenders hood and grill.
glove box door

my batt on the camera died and i was still working so heres what i had when it got charged agean

dun dun dunnnnnnn i got it to work ;D

i found these super small plastic nuts at the model shop in the vilage, there for trains and stuff i guess but they will work on the dash there almost to small to even notice there on some of the pics above

compaired to the 1:1

ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Very nice work on that dash man.
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Let me know if you need any pics of ANYTHING on a turbocharged multifuel m35a2c and I will hook you up!

Quote:
cool man learn something new every day thanks !!!

its cool man i went ahead and just guesstamated lol oh on the vents i went to a local army surplus where they have an old m32 sitting out there and i took a bunch of pics of the latches and the panel but thanks man !!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Bigdodge- thanks man it's getting there I'm working on the driversside tonight and gauges/ stering wheel will prob be last.

Slowstang88- cool man awesome. There is one pic I couldet get, a veiw of the bracket that's on the bottom rear wall of the cab to bolt the cab to the frame. I could only get the pic from the side as the m35 had a cargo bed on it. A head on rear cab shot would be great! Also maybe a rolling frame with the motor and tranny mounted would be cool! If not it's no biggie and I'm sure I can think of something elts in time also srry LOL maybe a pic of the engine bay with the hood up and the side panels down?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Slowstang88- cool man awesome. There is one pic I couldet get, a veiw of the bracket that's on the bottom rear wall of the cab to bolt the cab to the frame. I could only get the pic from the side as the m35 had a cargo bed on it. A head on rear cab shot would be great! Also maybe a rolling frame with the motor and tranny mounted would be cool! If not it's no biggie and I'm sure I can think of something elts in time also srry LOL maybe a pic of the engine bay with the hood up and the side panels down?
how about this brother, i will get you a buttload of different pics from a ton of different angles..lol.. all of the m-35s we have are dropside cargo variants, but i will get you shots from the undercarriage, under hood, from front, back, both sides, transmission, transfer case, axles, lights, floorboards, brake master cylinder, air compressor, oil filter housings, fuel filter housings, radiator, fan, water pump, heater housing, even the fuel/water seperator that nobody ever seems to change..lol.. i will add them to my photobucket acct and send you a link very soon! are there any other particular details you would like to see? let me know!

nate sanders
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #27
No idea what I'm doing

I'm really looking forward to watching this build.......you have some serious skills and amazing attention to detail !!!

I haven't seen many builds using the Outcroppers from RC4WD..........I just got mine in the mail today, so this build really caught my eye. Keep the updates coming.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowstang88 View Post
how about this brother, i will get you a buttload of different pics from a ton of different angles..lol.. all of the m-35s we have are dropside cargo variants, but i will get you shots from the undercarriage, under hood, from front, back, both sides, transmission, transfer case, axles, lights, floorboards, brake master cylinder, air compressor, oil filter housings, fuel filter housings, radiator, fan, water pump, heater housing, even the fuel/water seperator that nobody ever seems to change..lol.. i will add them to my photobucket acct and send you a link very soon! are there any other particular details you would like to see? let me know!

nate sanders
Hey Nate,

No need to go threw all that touble i have most of the body pics i will need from this link http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/m123a1c.htm
i just cant find the rear cab mounting bracket to the frame, and open hood/ fender vent engine bay shot, motor pics and stuff sounds good also !! thanks a bunch man

cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I'm really looking forward to watching this build.......you have some serious skills and amazing attention to detail !!!

I haven't seen many builds using the Outcroppers from RC4WD..........I just got mine in the mail today, so this build really caught my eye. Keep the updates coming.
thanks man let me know how you like the outcroppers i think they are in that new compound right? i still need quite a few more tires before i can get a chassis rolling
Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Hey Nate,

No need to go threw all that touble i have most of the body pics i will need from this link http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/m123a1c.htm
i just cant find the rear cab mounting bracket to the frame, and open hood/ fender vent engine bay shot, motor pics and stuff sounds good also !! thanks a bunch man

cole

thanks man let me know how you like the outcroppers i think they are in that new compound right? i still need quite a few more tires before i can get a chassis rolling
Well here it is, theres 2 pics of the rear cab mounts stuffed in there among the 26 " deuce" pics. http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv174/slowstang88/

nate sanders

Last edited by slowstang88; 08-27-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

updates??
Old 08-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #31
RCC Addict

I'll snap somepics tonight I have a few updates but not much, been busy working , there's never enough build time.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:26 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I'll snap somepics tonight I have a few updates but not much, been busy working , there's never enough build time.
I hear you there, seems like every time I get a little bit of freetime my "honey do" list gets longer! lol..
Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Haha nice srry no updates rcc was down for me last night for some reson when I get on my desktop @ home ( on iPod now) I'll post those pics
Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #34
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:

thanks man let me know how you like the outcroppers i think they are in that new compound right?
I'm not sure which compound I got, but they feel a bit stiff.....I was hoping they would be a bit softer with more grip.....maybe I got the old compound.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #35
RCC Addict

C*H*U*D
mine feel prety soft havent run them yet, heres what the website says so if you think you dont have that 3x compound id try to send them back http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=592

srry been busy but heres some small updates
trimed the one pull handle to look right

starting on the other side

starting on the vents

and the fenders and step thing that will be under the door

and the radiator

i used cardboard and cut a bunch of tiny lines across it then colored it with charcoal, and black pencil itll work unless someone can thing of something more relistic looking heres the 1:1
Old 09-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

nice work!!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:

i used cardboard and cut a bunch of tiny lines across it then colored it with charcoal, and black pencil itll work unless someone can thing of something more relistic looking heres the 1:1
51WillysJeep made a real nice lookin one in his Slickrock Samurai build on post #32.

DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Nate- thanks man hope to get alot done in the next two weeks!

Don, thanks for the link man I'll check that out
Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #39
RCC Addict

ive been busy but heres some updates i need to have this thing running asap

got some more tires in the mail

set the radiator where it needs to be

these lights perfect, the lense is from rpp hobby and the bucket and bulb were at a local model shop

finaly got some fenders on this thing and its starting to look like something

more updates in a few days !
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
Gettin’ back on the horse

Holy super scale Batman!
You have inspired me.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote