Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: Honcho 6x6, With a difference!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Honcho 6x6, With a difference!

Hey guys, Its a while since I have posted on the forum, much has changed! I decided to stop looking at this build on the shelf and I got motivated to do something!

This is the original thread F350 Off Road Tow Truck - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums, it was to be a tow truck, it may still be but I want to get it rolling again first. I have decided to do away with the f350 body which meant the cage goes too. After looking at the chassis it was easier to start fresh so I chopped the rails off and orderd a new pair.

I want to keep the front of the chassis simple with as many bolt ons as possible, it just makes everything easier, so I decided on a 3 link w/panhard front to get the servo off the axle and up in the chassis. Initially i was going to use the same drivetrain but it would require lost of custom mounts and I was never happy with the speed anyway. I eventually pulled the trigger on an ax2 from rc4wd, a GCM front mount motor plate and transfer case. the beauty of the transfer case is I can reverse the output to the front axle to get it facing the right way up.

I also ordered the cms/panhard kit from rc4wd as it has the best looking axle truss for 3 link that I can find, and it comes with all the links needed! The chassis mount for the panhard will require some butchering though to work with the vanquish cms and gcm motor plate.

The rear end is largely the same, I cleaned everything up, painted the links, replaced all the balls in the rod ends with metal traxxas ones, I adjusted a few thing to clear the driveshaft a bit better and I shortened a punisher shaft to fit the rear. The rear suspension also had some weird problems with torque twist to I put a wraith sway bar on the middle axle.

All the axles have been rebuilt with new bearings and stainless hardware and I painted the rims properly. while I was at it I put new hubs in all the wheels as the old standard ones didn't work with axial shafts and broke all the drive pins.

Heres a couple of current pics of the rear end, I am waiting on eveyrthing for the front end to arrive as I only ordered the trans and mount yesterday.

flex

rear steer

Old 10-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Honcho 6x6, With a difference!

overall mockup
wheelyking4x4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:21 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

damn!! that rear end is Hectic as!
trukkracea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:53 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Ok you got my attention , No really. That looks to be a really smooth setup. That's thinking outside the box.
old man 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks! That was the Idea, I diddn't want it to just be another simple scx10 6x6! Hopefully some parts will start arriving next week so the real fun can start!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:21 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Got a couple of parts in today

Still waiting for the rc4wd stuff and the new skid

Honcho 6x6, With a difference! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dingo vs Honcho difference?? BAXTER Newbie General 18 05-12-2014 10:55 PM
Difference between Honcho and Dingo Robhey Newbie General 5 10-21-2013 03:21 PM
Difference between AX10 and honcho? slowz Axial SCX-10 7 11-30-2011 08:20 PM
scx10/ honcho difference James003 Axial SCX-10 5 06-12-2010 10:22 PM
Any difference between SCX10 TR Dingo and Honcho? fyrfytr Newbie General 27 03-13-2010 07:38 PM