Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: Virhuck V02 or Feiyue FY06 6x6 experiment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 07:54 PM   #1

Default Virhuck V02 or Feiyue FY06 6x6 experiment

I have been wanting to build a 6x6 for decades. I have collected many parts and pieces over the years, but haven't pulled them all together.

With the recent proliferation of cheap knockoff I came across this 6x6. Supposedly based off the Twin Hammers, but available in both 4x4 and 6x6.

The Virhuck V02 model comes RTR and with a carry bag, for a little less money than the Feiyue FY06 which comes in a cheap chinese box. I also was able to purchase the Virhuck through Amazon as opposed to needing to purchase the Feiyue through Banggood.

The few videos online that i have found are almost off overseas and they all "showcase" the speed prowess of them. I'm more of a crawler.

Reading of many failures with it's electronics. Sometimes minutes after being plugged in and run, (with the supplied 30c 3000 mAh Lipo).

It runs a brushless outrigger motor in most cases, and the esc and receiver are one unit. This esc/receiver is what lets the smoke out. Possibly due to operator error. Possibly due to high heat in an enclosed mounting. I expect to need to upgrade to better name brand electronics as needed. We'll see how it goes.

There is an Aluminum upgrade parts available for the Feiyue version I may see if they fit later. The trucks seem to be a little smaller than the original Twin Hammers, so parts will likely not fit, but i may try to adapt them later too.
GROUNDpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #2

Default Re: Virhuck V02 or Feiyue FY06 6x6 experiment

I like this cantilever style rear, but may be difficult when i want to get larger tires. It comes with a conversion parts to change the rear to independent shock but i like the forced articulation of this style. Shocks will be changed out later to oil filled.

First order of business gleaned from information on the internet. Loose screws from the factory. So, a nut and screw check. Almost all screws were loose, the knuckles has space between the flange head and the body of the knuckle exposed.

This is the stock tire next to my stock TF2 tire.

I felt these stock tires were too little and wanted a tire with more rubber in it than plastic. I had a set of 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beasts on some rc4wd wagons, I test fitted them and liked how they looked. Just enough clearance between the rear set.

Remembering what a PITA they were to mount on that wheel, and only having 4 twheels, I ordered a set of SSD white Spoke 1.9 and some fresh Pitbull Rock Beasts with foams. When they arrived.....i ordered a different model of the tires, and with the stock foams, they touched each other in the rear, and made contact with the chassis when turned to full lock and compressed. Fortunately using the other foams cured that, now i just need to order 2 more foams.

The 2 on the left are the same tire but the outer has the stock foam and the other has the Crawler Innovations Competition closed cell foam only. The outer also currently has a 1 inch wide spacer from Underground Crawlers sandwiched between the wheel halves. I thought these might help with the steering clearance, but with the closed cell foams, i'm comfortable with the little amount of contact it still makes.

Contact both stock foams

Both Crawler Innovations foams

One of each, still contact

Old 02-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #3

This tiny little motor has me a bit worried about space and fitment when it comes time to replace it.

Also found some missing and more loose screws.
Missing Where the cage meets the tub, and loose on the tiny servo.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #4

I put the rig back in the carry bag it came with to see if it would still fit after the new wheels. It was tight but I was able to zip it closed. After a day I pulled it out and realized the toe was way off on the steer tires. Kinda odd, because in the bag it was pinched at the front, but the wheels are toed out instead of in.

The links are nonadjustable, solid links.

Nothing in my spare parts is small enough. These seem to be 2mm or 2.5mm pivot balls. The length is approximately 2 inches center to center of pivot ball. I'm thinking 1.5 inches link or all thread. Suggestions on where to find some small rodends, or solid links?
Old 02-12-2018, 05:33 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUNDpounder View Post

I'm thinking 1.5 inches link or all thread. Suggestions on where to find some small rodends, or solid links?
Easy enough to just make links, good idea.
Losi or Redcat Racing make smaller rod ends. If I remember ill grab part #s for them, that I used on my 1/18th gelande2.
Or just swap out the ball studs and use rodends you may have available.

subscribed because these cheap Chinese RCs are interesting me(buy and build) and id love a 6x6 to mess around with.

Keep the informative posts coming!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
SurfinStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinStud View Post
these cheap Chinese RCs are interesting me(buy and build) and id love a 6x6 to mess around with.

Keep the informative posts coming!
That's my goal. There isn't much documentation on this one. I'd like to provide it. And why not share the progress. They aren't without their shortcomings, but all rc's are. Buy, build, break, repeat. Hopefully have fun in there too.

I like the build process (except financially) and too run with my sons. And to not follow what everybody else has.

Tags
6x6, feiyue, virhuck

Virhuck V02 or Feiyue FY06 6x6 experiment - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clone Hammers 540 Motor Mount and simple "Hobby Grade" setup (Feiyue FY03) HugoBiermann Vaterra Twin Hammers 35 10-26-2020 11:07 AM
Beadlock experiment C*H*U*D Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 40 02-15-2012 06:20 AM
ESC experiment baker3 Redcat Crawlers 1 10-25-2011 09:13 PM
my accidental experiment 1mopar Tamiya XC/CC01 5 09-11-2010 08:54 PM
My 1.9 experiment jgb7038 1.9 Scale Rigs 31 02-13-2009 10:23 AM