Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: 2.2 6x6 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #1

Default 2.2 6x6 build

New member here. Thought I'd join to document my build as well as seek advice when I need it. I'm in college for mechanical engineering and am coming up on my senior project in a year. Rather than waiting for that semester I wanted to get started now. My project is designing and building a 6x6 RC. I have a modified SCX10 6x6 I built last year but I want something bigger. I'm designing my truck fully in SolidWorks before I build it. I want to incorporate welding into the project just to add another engineering type process to the project. So I'm thinking of using steel for the frame. I want the frame and all cross bracing to be one solid welded piece. (This is still up for debate whether I go that route or just use aluminum and screw the braces onto the rails). I'm planning on using a SCX10 transmission with hardened steel gears, RC4WD driveshafts, tires, links, and transfer case. Two AR60 axles are ordered and awaiting arrival (third will be purchased after the design is finished). I want brushless and am considering the XR10 Justock ESC G2 combo from Hobbywing. But any suggestions are welcome, I don't want a Mamba Monster or anything but I also don't want brushed simply for the fact that I would like to get some speed out of it. This won't be doing hardcore crawling, just trail runs. Finally I will be topping it off with a Proline 2017 Raptor body made for a Slash. I'll just use the cab however, I will fabricate my own flatbed for the back. Tomorrow if I get a chance after work I'll post some pictures of my progress in SolidWorks. For now I'll leave a picture of my SCX10 build.
BM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
6x6, ar60, build, build thread, custom

2.2 6x6 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First 6x6 build Naz53 Multi Axle Rigs 4 12-29-2016 04:58 AM
6x6, My First Build. d-fly Multi Axle Rigs 26 01-03-2016 10:01 PM
The 6x6 Build! yoraish HPI Wheely King 7 08-29-2012 05:30 PM
6x6 build and how to james12s 2.2 Scale Rigs 7 04-28-2007 03:42 PM