Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cross RC BC8 8x8 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Cross RC BC8 8x8 Build

Everybody liked these big rigs at Proline - including...ME.
So I was thinking about a CrossRC after seeing yours, but maybe the 6x6 conventional.
After your build, and running yours, would you give me a thumbs-up or down? This other model costs about half of that one. Yikes!!

Oh, and I put my money down for a AE Senduro.

I was looking at this one:

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2019, 03:15 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post

So I was thinking about a CrossRC after seeing yours, but maybe the 6x6 conventional.

After your build, and running yours, would you give me a thumbs-up or down? This other model costs about half of that one. Yikes!!

I was looking at this one:

I've got the hg P802. I really need to run it and take it apart to explore it. Price is right for that rig though.

I've got my Enduro reservation as well!

Time to sell more stuff!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I'd say go for what you want but consider the size and weight of the BC8 (20+ lbs and maybe 28" or so). Its been durable though the other guy that had one at Proline BTF said he was breaking the CVDs due to the extreme angle (which I dont think is all that extreme), I've only broken off the little handles on the body. I would wager the parts support is better for the 6x6, the BC8 only has some parts available.
So I wouldn't fully shoot down the BC8 but I'd think the 6x6 would be a more enjoyable platform for its price, parts support, and general size.

I guess the other thing is the suspension type, the BC8 is independent all around and torsion bars up front (both front axles) with a walking beam on the rear axles.
With this setup the chassis sits really low and ends up dragging easily. I can live with that as I just consider this a different kind of driving experience.

The 6x6 has solid axles all around with leaf springs (I think?)

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-22-2019 at 04:52 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:49 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Awesome thread. I just need a 6x6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Awesome thread. I just need a 6x6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, that reminds me one of the Enduro guys saw me driving this and said all I needed was a few more axles so I just need a 10x10 I guess lol
Old 05-22-2019, 05:39 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Thanks, that reminds me one of the Enduro guys saw me driving this and said all I needed was a few more axles so I just need a 10x10 I guess lol
That's funny. I have a custom built 6x6 and have a custom 10x10 hemtt on the workbench. What I'm missing is an 8x8 so the bc8 fills that gap!
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I didn't pick up their winch. I would hope its strong because it would need to be. It weighs .5 lbs so its probable a 540 motor and from the picture it looks like the motor wires go to what I assume is a controller board before it terminates with a servo plug.

And I took it out on a night run Saturday where I ran out of battery for my radio and ended up having to carry it back to camp. I think I made the mistake of storage charging my radios battery instead of charging it, DOH! It did pretty good on the course intended for mostly 1.9 rigs, but I did need to pick it up twice and help it to avoid scraping the entire side off the truck once or twice.
Their winch looks like 380 motor, but no specs given so who knows.

Ya I was really impressed with how well it crawled Friday night!

Quote:

That CrossRC 6x6 deuce and a half is my favorite in terms of looks, but they're all pretty dang cool!

AE Sendura, sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I've got the hg P802. I really need to run it and take it apart to explore it. Price is right for that rig though.

I've got my Enduro reservation as well!
That's nice looking and great reviews, love the walking beam suspension, price is nice. Just wonder about replacement parts?

Enduro!

Quote:
I'd say go for what you want but consider the size and weight of the BC8 (20+ lbs and maybe 28" or so).....I guess the other thing is the suspension type, the BC8 is independent all around and torsion bars up front (both front axles) with a walking beam on the rear axles.
With this setup the chassis sits really low and ends up dragging easily. I can live with that as I just consider this a different kind of driving experience.

The 6x6 has solid axles all around with leaf springs (I think?)
Agreed, different driving experience just like my leaf sprung TF2, TRX-4 with lockers/2-speed, good evaluation.

Pre-order, can't wait to see these in the wild other than at PLBTF!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post

That's nice looking and great reviews, love the walking beam suspension, price is nice. Just wonder about replacement parts?

Enduro!
Not sure if there are any stores, but I did find this site with parts while looking for wheel/tire sizes/replacements.

https://www.wl-toys.com/HG-P801-P802...558-1610-1.htm
Old 05-23-2019, 02:45 PM   #89
RCC Addict

So what exactly is the difference between the 'HG' and CrossRC rigs? Different manufacturer? Kits or RTR? Size?
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So what exactly is the difference between the 'HG' and CrossRC rigs? Different manufacturer? Kits or RTR? Size?
Different mfg. HG is a RTR, HG rig uses leaf springs... Size should be about the same with the BC8 around 4lbs heavier? They're both 1/12 scale.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Well I'm not exactly sure I only have a Cross RC, the BC8 is kit only and I think the HG's come pre-built maybe but I'm not positive.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:20 PM   #92

How does the Mammoth compare to the HG P802?
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:39 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure I can answer that, I've only got the Mammoth.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

I took the BC8 out to one of my favorite rock crawling spots and got some video, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AsO...66851870924149
Old 08-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Looking good. Getting ready to make a purchase soon. I was curious if tires and wheels can be bought separately. I have ideas for a trailer based on the same combo.

Last edited by jebster; 08-28-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:55 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
Looking good. Getting ready to make a purchase soon. I was curious if tires and wheels can be bought separately. I have ideas for a trailer based on the same combo.

Parts support is fairly terrible for this thing though I do see the tires are finally available. https://www.crossrc.us/shop/cross-rc-bc8-tires/
I dont see the wheel or hubcaps on CrossRC US's site.
EDIT: CrossRC's main site does have the wheels and hubcaps though I'm at a loss as to how you'd order (maybe you email them the part # and quantity?) cross-rc.com

The tires at $40 per pair are a fairly horrible deal, I know a guy who's replaced his wheels though. I could try to connect you with him if you're interested in used, let me know.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Parts support is fairly terrible for this thing though I do see the tires are finally available. https://www.crossrc.us/shop/cross-rc-bc8-tires/
I dont see the wheel or hubcaps on CrossRC US's site.
EDIT: CrossRC's main site does have the wheels and hubcaps though I'm at a loss as to how you'd order (maybe you email them the part # and quantity?) cross-rc.com

The tires at $40 per pair are a fairly horrible deal, I know a guy who's replaced his wheels though. I could try to connect you with him if you're interested in used, let me know.

You have a pm
Old 08-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Nice video and great scenery! What tires did the other guy go with instead of stock?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Nice video and great scenery! What tires did the other guy go with instead of stock?

He used Proline TSL's.

I feel like the stock tires arern't bad with how heavy the truck is though. The tires need to be a certain size (5") so they dont rub on each other and I wasn't able to find stiff foams in the size that does fit.

Maybe I should revisit that using the tire sizing spreadsheet.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #100

Hi guys! New here... I’ve been contemplating making a huge purchase for a Xmas gift for my son so he and I can build away over winter break.
This is a great build thread so thanks.
I’m hoping you guys could recommend the top additions I should purchase so we don’t get stuck with needing things like the thin washer/shins you mentioned.
I see servo size is important as many don’t fit.

Do you mind giving me a short list of things to get for this kit like the small washers etc since you’ve had time to work out all the minor adjustments?
Thanks a million.
Helijib is offline   Reply With Quote

Cross RC BC8 8x8 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capo 1582-2 Tatra 817 8x8 and Cross MC8 Man Kat 1 8x8 Prop Shaft Multi Axle Rigs 24 06-18-2021 04:31 AM
Now IN STOCK the NEW Cross-Rc BC8 Mammoth Flagship Version! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-10-2018 10:56 AM
PRE-ORDER NOW!! NEW Cross RC BC8 Mammoth Flagship Version! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-22-2018 04:03 PM
Another Cross RC MC8 8X8 rookie101 Multi Axle Rigs 1 05-26-2015 08:51 PM