Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCX10 Purp6X6 truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2020, 03:58 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default SCX10 Purp6X6 truck

Built myself a 6x6 SCX10 out of a truck I'd let friends borrow to crawl with us, it was always the slow crappy truck, so I made it into something a lot more fun to mess around with, its now a 6x6 with some spare parts I had around, and made my own links and frame rail extensions for the third axles. Using HD Overdrive front gears and HD stock ratio rears. AE-2 ESC and Tekin 30T Pro Hand Wound motor, with a Hitec 7954SH Servo and Castle BEC @ 7.4V, and 2.2 Voodoo U4 tires.

Here's the original truck:

And after 6x6 Conversion, with Super Swamper XL 1.9 tires.

And now here's its first video of it running as a 6x6 on my backyard course, Savageasflux RC Off Road Park.

Hope you enjoy. Updates to come.

Last edited by savageasflux; 09-05-2020 at 12:43 AM.
savageasflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2020, 02:18 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default 2nd Video

Took Purp6x6 out in the backyard this time to hit most of the hardest lines I got on the course now that im somewhat used to 6x6 driving. Im digging it, I had so much more fun this run doing the more advanced stuff that this truck wasnt able to do before the conversion, even when it had 2.2s, like the Voodoo U4 tires I mainly used on it.

Enjoy the fun below....

https://youtu.be/pNfR-PWmfh4

Last edited by savageasflux; 09-05-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Trailing video during camp trip

Took a trip out camping in the woods, and took the 6x6 and my GOM with me. I drove the GOM and my friend who makes music that I use in most my videos drove the 6x6, here's a couple cool videos from the trailing fun.

Purp6x6
https://youtu.be/Z0DdcisUOyg

And GOM
https://youtu.be/feK35OGzR-M

I'll have to add the thumbnail links later, couldnt get them from YouTube app. ...

Last edited by savageasflux; 09-18-2020 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default Re: SCX10 Purp6X6 truck

Looks great. What wheels are on the original build?

Does the rear have enough travel to climb over everything easily?
MD ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:04 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Havent updated here for a while but currently I have been doing some work getting a new body (one i picked up used on here) to fit as the purple chevy one has never been one that I liked, so it will have a new look soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD ENFORCER View Post
Looks great. What wheels are on the original build?
Sorry I didnt see this sooner, but the wheels on the original truck are Integy brand 2.2 beadlock wheels, im not sure the model as I got them long long ago, actually have 5x but I think I could only find 4 center caps at the time i removed them from the Voodoo U4 tires, which im currently running on my Gmade GOM. I had thought about selling the Integy wheels because i didnt like the look but never got around to it and they got put away in a box somewhere, but heres what they look like up close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD ENFORCER View Post
Does the rear have enough travel to climb over everything easily?
Your asking now thats its a 6x6 Im assuming?
Yes its crawls over stuff much more easily, even with the 1.9 XL tires than the 2.2 Voodo U4 it used to have. It will climb many obstacles that my 2.2 rigs cant and it suprises most people how much more capable it is. The truck is also a lot more fun to drive and made me want to drive it more. Ive even made some obstacles harder on my backyard track just for the 6x6 to struggle on.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice... I like it. Been bitten by the 6x6 bug myself. Did something similar but with some old 2.2 tires. I fully expect it to be a beast!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Nice... I like it. Been bitten by the 6x6 bug myself. Did something similar but with some old 2.2 tires. I fully expect it to be a beast!
What 2.2 tires did you go with?

I've been pondering the same thing, 1.9 vs 2.2, with the different body. I have a few sets of 6x tires I could put on also, Pitbull 2.2 Rock Beast XOR and Pitbull 1.9 Rock Beast XL. Not sure if I wanna go that route yet. Also been thinking of getting 2 more Voodoo U4 tires to have 6 of those as I think they would look badass on this truck also.

So many fun choices so little money.....
Old 01-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Rock City crawling

New update.

Did some work on the 6x6 making minor changes, like shock oil and spring changes, replaced some rod ends, cleaned up the driveshafts and links a little that were binding and tighten everything up. Time to get it out and play.

So we went up to Rock City on Mt Diablo, somebody else who was bringing a truck for John forgot transmitter and vehicle batteries for him, so no driving that truck. Luckily I recently fixed all my able crawlers and brought my whole stable with me. GOM, Wraith, Scx10 OG Honcho and Scx10 OG 6x6. I gave him pick of the litter, he loved the Chevy SCX10 6x6. Check out this video of John having fun learning to crawl with my 6x6. He hadnt driven much RC before and I might have got him hooked.

https://youtu.be/SeX88naMTCE
Old 01-31-2021, 03:10 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

So got a last minute call yesterday from some buddies who wanted to go crawling, and that "John" from my previous post above, driving my 6x6 at Rock City ( https://youtu.be/SeX88naMTCE), I think we got him addicted and he bought a crawler, an Element Trailwalker. So I had to meet up with them at Castle Rock to do some crawling. I only had time to have two 3s batteries and then ran out the door with just my 6x6 and met them. We hiked a mile or so and got our crawling on. I broke a plastic shock cap after a steep tumble part way through, hence the orange string you see in this 2nd pic, and of course I should of taken more pics but here's a couple.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:29 PM   #10
RCC Addict

That looks like some pretty good wheeling spots. I dig the cab and open bed 6x6 look. We’re those the stock shocks that broke? I’ve been thinking about upgrading to trx shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:48 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
That looks like some pretty good wheeling spots. I dig the cab and open bed 6x6 look. We’re those the stock shocks that broke? I’ve been thinking about upgrading to trx shocks
Yea it was an OG SCX10 shock with the faux resi, not from this truck originally. They were older so not too worried about them, think they were from my first crawler way back. Ill find something around to get it going again to be ready for next weekend.

SCX10 Purp6X6 truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Mud Truck - RCBros Burly Truck Conversion Sneetches Scale Videos! 1 07-19-2015 01:43 PM
SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas thejudge1 Mega/Monster Trucks 7 11-08-2014 07:33 PM
Scx10 custom us army truck and custom scx10 d90 landrover marc323 Videos! 2 08-09-2014 03:51 AM