Notices

Thread: TRX-6 Mini Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: TRX-6 Mini Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
This is a very interesting project, you are working on. The last couple of months I've been thinking to do a TRX-4 to TRX-6 conversion using one of the kits as base platform. I really like your cantilever setup.

Have you consider getting those paired magnet mounts?

https://www.rcmart.com/xtra-speed-ma...28129-00106331

If you have enough space between the battery box and the body, one pair could go there and another behind the front grill and a printed base on the chassis. Just a thought.
I was just looking at a set just like that yesterday on Amazon. I might be able to work something out with a printed grill/radiator assembly for the front mount.

I'm thinking once the front end plate is installed on the bed, if I glue some magnets to the outside (between the bed and cab) I could probably hide matching magnets on the inside of the cab. That way the back of the cab is held by the bed and the front by magnets fixed to the front of the frame.

My other thought was reprinting the floor plates with a recessed hole added for magnets, then glueing a steel plate to the underside of the running boards.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2022, 10:35 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

It's been a long time since I've posted here but life do be that way sometimes.

Small update on a big project for anybody still following along. After becoming more comfortable with (simple) CAD, I've finally made up my mind on what I'm going to do with the backend of my TRX6.

I designed a 3-peice, backbone frame that we'll allow me to mount anything with a flat bottom, directly to the chassis

The front section has an integrated body post that'll poke through the cab to hold it down, as well as a platform on either side to mount a faux fuel tank.

I'm still working on a final design for the bed itself as I may end up adding a tow boom and tool boxes to it in the future. But I finally have a vision for the finished product.

Old 10-21-2022, 03:43 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Update on the last update.

After fixing several, embarrassingly simple miscalculations, I've finally finished the printed portion of my flatbed. This time with all the screw holes lining up where they should.

I still need to figure out a mount for the front of the body. I'm thinking maybe something that utilizes a printed grill and fenders, attached to a hinge at the front, acting as a clamp to hold down the rest of the lexan body.

I need to cut new aluminum trim for the final printed platform. The ones i have cut already are too short. But that can be knocked out with 30 minutes and an afternoon.

I'm not totally set on the battery location yet. The current plan is to hide it in a large "wooden" crate on the bed but I might try to figure out something more stealthy.

I think I'm going to try to integrate an actual toolbox somewhere as well to carry a small collection of spare parts.

TRX-6 Mini Build Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZAD2K's First Build Thread - TRX-4 Sport Kit Zad2k Traxxas TRX-4 19 04-29-2020 07:54 AM
New TRX 4 build thread niro750 Traxxas TRX-4 7 01-05-2019 11:42 AM
mini freak's lnc build thread mini freak Team Losi Comp Crawler 16 11-27-2011 12:36 PM
mini freak's build thread mini freak Venom Creeper 16 07-29-2011 06:46 AM