Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: meeting!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default meeting!!

PRE MEETING!! ok guys we are planning on meating at 1:30- about 4:00 at eritex/gerame ericksons shop at 4407 s 139th st its off of old L down from the vfw club in milliard on the 8th we are going to discuse about the gtg on the 15th & what will be going on this year!! if you are going to be there please post up! hope to see & meet alot of guys & feel free to bring your crawlers!

Last edited by sniders1975; 03-07-2008 at 01:38 PM.
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I guess I can be there.

Wait, I have the keys

See you guys here, there might just be a "show up at the shop" sale
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yep, I'll be there. Already cleared it with the wife (cost me letting her go get her hair done, though...) Small price to pay for a little bit of freedom.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #4

Hey thats right by my house! Now what day will this meeting be on?
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Looks like Tim got a little excited and forgot to say what DAY the meeting is on. (premature enunciation? )

The meeting is this coming Saturday.

Gerame's shop can be hard to find if you've never been there before. Turn onto 139th where the tank and the helo are parked. Go about two, maybe three blocks, Look for an early-90's gold two-door Honda Accord with chrome rims and mirror-smoke window tint. (that's mine) it'll be parked out front. If you go around a big curve, and start heading back the way you came, you went too far.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #6

Yeah I live in that area so I'm familiar with the place. I have trapshooting this saturday from 1-5, so... I'll be there for about an hour or so then I'll have to go but count me in.

EDIT:
Ok, so I will be able to go but there is just one problem that can be said in one word...Parents. I'
m 18 and my parents are alittle bit concerned about this meeting. So I need to ask a few questions for their sake if thats not a problem. Since we are meeting at Eritex, they want to know what kind of business this is and what you do, and do you have a website?. They also want to know how many people will be attending the meeting, and what will be happening at the meeting. Sorry, its for my parents sake.

Last edited by zeek; 03-06-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Parents
Old 03-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Yeah I live in that area so I'm familiar with the place. I have trapshooting this saturday from 1-5, so... I'll be there for about an hour or so then I'll have to go but count me in.

EDIT:
Ok, so I will be able to go but there is just one problem that can be said in one word...Parents. I'
m 18 and my parents are alittle bit concerned about this meeting. So I need to ask a few questions for their sake if thats not a problem. Since we are meeting at Eritex, they want to know what kind of business this is and what you do, and do you have a website?. They also want to know how many people will be attending the meeting, and what will be happening at the meeting. Sorry, its for my parents sake.

Eritex Inc. is a company I opened November of 2007. I am the owner along with my wife Kara. We design and manufacture R/C related products. As far as how many people will be there, hopefully a lot, but most likely 5 to ten. We are putting on this little meet and greet to try and organize a club to start holding R/C Rock Crawling GTG's and Competitions. It is a "PG" rated thing at worst, I involve my wife and 9 year old son in most every event I attend. If your parents have any concerns, feel free to have them contact me about myself or the company I own.

Gerame Erickson
Eritex Inc.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Jeez, it's just a R/C crawler club meeting.

No one is going to take you in a dark room and violate you.

(That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are...)

Just tell your folks it's lots of married, grown men who play with expensive toy trucks on piles of rocks...

On second thought, don't tell them that. Then it sounds even wierder.

Okay, enough joking around...

Eritex Inc. is a owned and operated by Gerame Erickson. It's a machine shop that produces the best R/C beadlock wheels on the planet.

You can show your folks this thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108626
To show them what he does.

BTW, After watching the weather report today, I don;t think you're gonna want to go trap shooting on saturday. High between 28 and 30 on the forecast.

I know that's too cold for me. After the trigger finger freezes I'm done.

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 03-06-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #9

Thanks guys, I'll let them know.

But as for the trapshooting, we shoot in any weather but tornados and lightning. Its very rare for trapshooting to be canceled.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:36 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i did say the (15th) wich is saturday & jav its tom not tim but thats ok!! gerame is a very good friend of mine i have known him for about 3 years now he is a very good person & his company is top-notch so your parents have nothing to woory about!!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Are we meeting on the 8th or the 15th? I am confused. I can show up tomorrow if thats alright?
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

yes we are doing the pre meeting tomarow & the comp is on the 15th
Old 03-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

sorry guys for the confusion we are meeting tomarow the 8th at gerames shop between 1:30 & 2:00 until around 4:00 & the 15th is the gtg!........sorry!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Okay guys, today is still on. I am getting ready to head to the shop here soon. And just to let everyone know, this is nothing formal. Tom, Jay, and I just thought it would be a good idea to get together and chat. We can also setup a little data base of info on the guys and gals that are interested in crawling.

Bring you crawlers and a bottle of you favorite non-alcoholic beverage and be ready to toss some ideas around. I am providing the place to hold this meeting but all of us need to be involved in the decision making.

Well, off to Hy-Vee to get some RockStars

Gerame
Old 03-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I am at the shop and will keep the PC on
Old 03-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I would like to thank everyone that showed up, 9 guys is an awesome start. Next time we meet at the shop I will try to have some more stuff to crawl on
Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I had a great time, it was wonderful talking to other crawler people localy for a change. I will make an attempt of getting pics of Lincoln area sites for you people.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Sounds great. I am looking forward to seeing what is down that direction.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Sparky, just thought I would let you know. I have been researching stick radios for the past 4 hours. I liked your setup and think that is a avenue I would like to try
Old 03-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I picked up my Futaba 6ex from Hobby Town North in Eastpark in Lincoln for $180.

Jay was interested in my radio also tonight.

Mapquest Wilderness park Lincoln,NE and you will get a satelite photo of the park. It is on the west side of lincoln, also try Holmes lake.

If the wife gives the ok I will get photos on Sunday.