Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Saturday the 15th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #21

I stopped by out at Wilderness park over lunch (live in Lincoln 11 years and never been out there). It looks like it should be fine. With my minimal driving around, I only saw one area that was kind of muddy. Everywhere else looked pretty dry.

As for meeting place, we could meet at Wilderness Park day camp. It's labled "E" on google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...h&z=16&iwloc=G
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #22
20K Club

I found the parking lot you are talking about but I can not seem to view any area where there appears to be any rocks. I can see tons of trails and such but just nothing that looks crawl-able. :-(

I will not be able to make it this week but I am hoping to hit the first comp or next gtg.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...8739&encType=1

Last edited by Harley; 03-12-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
20K Club

BTW

www.local.live.com is a great resource for aerial photography of areas. I use it at work all of the time but I also use it to find crawl spots.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #24

I've never been there before so not sure where the crawl spots would be. I'm hoping whoever suggested it has found some good spots there already. Much of it isn't visible from the road and that's the only place i went to today was via the road.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

The area I am talking about is about a 50 yard walk on a trail to several crawling spots. You can't see it in the photos it's in the middle of the forrest near salt creek.

I can meet everyone at the day camp parking and lead you all to the more remote parking lot near my crawling spot.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

JavelinSST390, Gerame now has the WK gears in his possesion. Good Luck!

Jim

kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #27
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky0068 View Post
The area I am talking about is about a 50 yard walk on a trail to several crawling spots. You can't see it in the photos it's in the middle of the forrest near salt creek.

I can meet everyone at the day camp parking and lead you all to the more remote parking lot near my crawling spot.
Thats good news, sounds like badlands may be the tire to use at this spot if there is quite a bit of dirt.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Okay guys, what's the final plan here: Meeting time/place, etc.?

Also, my wife wants to know if anybody else's wife/girlfriend/signifigant other is coming along? She wants to make sure she has someone to hang out with if she comes.

(I also promised her I'd let her drive the gremmie for a while. If it's anything like the time I let her drive my 1:1 Javelin it'll last about ten minutes and she'll go "that thing's got too much power." )

Also, I was watching the weather report for saturday and it's not looking good. They're saying temps in the mid 30's and possible snow.

I'm so sick of running in the snow...
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #29

I'm still in regardless of snow or not. Someone mentioned around 1:30 earlier. That would work fine for me.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

1:30-2:00 Saturday meet at the Wilderness Park Day Camp parking lot. I will be there in my Saturn SL.

Reminder there are no facilities of any kind out there, so do what you gotta do before you get there.

I will bring my digital camera and video camera.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Sparky, ya beat me to it!

Now who all is going to be there saturday?

Gerame, if you read this, I'm planning on stopping by your shop sometime tomorrow afternoon (possibly, gotta get clearance from the wife) to install those gears. It would really suck to do it in the snow right before we go and find out I don't have any grease or something.

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 03-13-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Omaha guys, plan on meeting at my shop at noon on Saturday. That way we can BS for a little bit before we head west.

Sparky, I will call you when we leave the shop. I am coming down no matter what the weather.

Javelin, Tom is heading up to the shop tomorrow around 2:30 or so. You guys are more then welcome to stop up but I will be working. I would love to have someone to talk to though, I think the Haas is mad at me, it stopped talking back to me on Tuesday
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Well, the weather report looks favorable, but chilly.

They say any snow we get should be gone by sunrise, but it's supposed to rain all night. So expect mud, and water.

Great. My Swampers suck when they get wet. I predict lots of hook-n-pulls.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #34

See you all there at 1:30ish.

I just have moabs. Not sure how they will do in mud. I just put some balloons on my electronics the other day so I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #35
20K Club

Take a bunch of pictures guys, I am interested to see the spot even though I won't be there this time.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #36
RCC Addict

I just got home, man that was awesome!! A great bunch of guys and a cool spot to run. Chris, Vashal, and Jesse took a bunch of pictures and even some video. Post away guys
Old 03-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Today's GTG was great! And Props to Jesse for finding the spot. That place was awesome!

I was really impressed with everyone's rigs. (Except yours, Sparky... He had a little mishap in the parking lot that prevented him from running his rig today.)

I was horribly disappointed with the Gremmie's preformance. I really thought it would do better out on the rocks. On the trail it was great, but on the rocks it was laughable. I think a Nylint could out-crawl her.

Anyway, here's all the pics I got (didn't take too many, I was having too much fun driving!)

Now, what this photo doesn't show, is that there is about a 30 ft. drop immediately to the left of this picture. See the branch on the left that is hanging out in midair? At this point you just hope you don't glitch.

I wish I woulda taken more pictures. :-( This spot was SO COOL!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Those pictures are great. I want to bring a scale rig to that spot next time. Lots of power and wheel speed for mud and hill climbs. The rock that was there fun but watching Chris and Vashal in the mud looked like a riot
Old 03-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #39

That place looks sweet and it looks like you all had an awesome time! I'm upset that I wasn't able to crawl with you all. I'll try and get some pictures up of my trip this next week, and give a full report on how my rig does. (If you don't know already, its never really been tested on the rocks) I'm anxious to see some more pictures if you have them!
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Here are some of the more memorable pictures from today.

This is me in the parking lot before the gtg, I dropped my rig before it saw the trail.

I will give a run down of the guys rigs.
Vashal

Tom

Gerame

Chris

More pics
Nice line Chris

I was driving the plastic fantastic for a bit and tried to help Gremmie over this log

Last edited by sparky0068; 03-15-2008 at 08:01 PM.