LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Pictures look great
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

We're planning the next GTG in two weeks at Elmwood Park in Omaha, hopefully you can be there. We're looking to try and get a better turnout for the next one. Today was such a blast! It was so awesome watching all these rigs run together.

I have lots of improvements to make before the next GTG. If anyone out there has a set of Axial Lizards from their kit they'd sell cheap let me know. I know the lizards aren't the greatest but they're close to the same size as the Imex's and I'm sure they're still far better than the rock-hard old-style boggers. Or if anyone has a used set of 2.2's other than mashers they'd sell I'd go for that, too.

My wife says she really wants to come on this one, so Gerame you need to pester Kara (sp?) to go. (I think they'd get along pretty well, and I don't want my wife to have to be the only girl...)
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Those are awesome pictures!

Except this one:

I HAD that line! My rig just couldn't hold the line, and it slipped down into there, and it was just the right length... and... and...

Yeah yeah... excuses excuses, I know.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #44

I couldn't believe how fast that time went. I think I was having way too much fun. Great pictures by the way! I was so busy driving or talking that I didn't take many pics. I took a few videos with my digital still camera so they are pretty low resolution. I put them together and tried to upload them to youtube but for some reason it failed. I'll try again and post it once it uploads. Can't wait till the next time! Just let me know the time and place and I'll be there.
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I wish I could have been there. My son's state power lifting tournament trumped playing with little trucks though. :-P

Just to brag a little, he did get 1st place in the 148 pound weight group. He had a total of 970 lbs.

Squat - 375lbs
Bench - 170lbs
Dead Lift - 425lbs

It was great day!

I will do my best to make the next event with you guys though.

Jim
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #46

the video resolution on my still camera sucks as it is but then once I upload it to youtube it adds even more compression. So here is a really pixelated video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCXpq2HaP4Q
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #47
20K Club

How were the rocks there? I see a pretty nice pile behing the stuck Javalin

Other then that, is this place comp worthy (Gerame I know you know what I am used to down here)?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Not too bad. But I doubt it's really comp worthy. Maybe if you had it in two or three different places at this site...
Old 03-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
How were the rocks there? I see a pretty nice pile behing the stuck Javalin

Other then that, is this place comp worthy (Gerame I know you know what I am used to down here)?
Comp worthy, probably not. If it was about twice the size it would be perfect. I think there should be some possibilities somewhere in the park it will just be a matter of finding them. I am going to do some more scouting in Lincoln in the next couple weeks.

That place is a great place for GTG's though
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Hey guys! I got the video I took of the trucks taking the trail to the second crossing. It's short, but it came out great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7FW5U9rojU
Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #51

Chris I have a set of the stock lizards been on the rocks once make me a cheap offer on them I live in Council Bluffs but work in Omaha not far from Gerame's shop, I am looking forward to the next GTG couldn't make yesterday unfortunetly looks like it was a lot of fun.
steve01646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Actually, I already found a set, but thanks for the offer. I'm also looking at getting a set of the new Pro-Line "Hammers" when they become available. Just need to decide which compound to get, and save up a little dough.

We'd love to have you out to run with us. The more people we get the better time it will be.