Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Saturday the 15th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Saturday the 15th

What's the plans for Saturday? Is everyone up for a gtg in Lincoln at one of my crawling spots or at the Eritex Inc. Manufacturing facility?
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #2

I'm in Lincoln and I'd like to get the crawler off the shelf! When and where?
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #3

Unfortunatly I won't be able to make it to this one. I have trapshooting all day then I leave that evening for spring break. But I defiantly want to see pictures!

I'll be back in town by next Friday if anyone wants to gtg.
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm there, if the wife will let me go. (maybe I can get her to come with me. :-P)

But wherever we end up, I'm going to be re-building my trans in the parking lot beforehand. :-(
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavelinSST390 View Post
I'm going to be re-building my trans in the parking lot beforehand. :-(
Were you able to get some gears ordered?

Jim
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
RCC Addict

If the Omaha guys want to meet at my shop, we can leave from there. I think Lincoln is the place to have the GTG, but, it's not up to me.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I got them ordered, he said if they had them in the warehouse they would be there by friday. If not, he said it would take even longer. I saw your post that said you won't be going on the 15th. I'm not planning on being in Bellvue any time soon, but if you left the gears with Gerame, he could bring them with him. (if he doesn't mind?)

If I don't need them, you'll get them back. If I do, I'll let you know when the ones I ordered get here and I'll either drop them by where you are at or I'll put 'em in a box and mail 'em to ya. How's that sound?

By the way, a big HUGE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

And I think having it in Lincoln is a great idea. I know Lincoln pretty well, but Omaha is a maze to me. (And I worked there for 3 years!)

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 03-11-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #8

I'm for sure in. Just let me know when and where. That'll be awesome if you want to meet in Lincoln.

By the way, I have a spare tlt chassis that I cut up and mounted a losi tranny into. You're welcome to use it on Saturday if you don't have your gears. Just let me know.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #9

By the way, the local offroad club may have acquired a large piece of land to build a 1:1 scale course. I know several in the club are also into rc. I'll see if they may want to build an rc crawler area also.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi View Post
By the way, the local offroad club may have acquired a large piece of land to build a 1:1 scale course. I know several in the club are also into rc. I'll see if they may want to build an rc crawler area also.

Yes please, I will take crawler course with side of fries and a large chocolate shake.

Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I would like to go to the two spots I know of in Wilderness park. The parking lot for the known locations in on S 1st between Old Cheney and Pioneers. If you mapquest the park you can see the parking lot on the west side of the park on a gravel road. It is across the road from city church.

Now for the time: I would guess that we can meet in the parking lot at about 1:30-2:00? what do you folks think of that?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
. . . . but if you left the gears with Gerame, he could bring them with him. (if he doesn't mind?) . . . .
By the way, a big HUGE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

I was planning on going to see Gerame tomorrow. If he doesn't mind, I'll leave the gears with him. And "You're Welcome" I figure that sharing and helping is a good way to start a club.

Jim
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #13

Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky0068 View Post
I would like to go to the two spots I know of in Wilderness park. The parking lot for the known locations in on S 1st between Old Cheney and Pioneers. If you mapquest the park you can see the parking lot on the west side of the park on a gravel road. It is across the road from city church.

Now for the time: I would guess that we can meet in the parking lot at about 1:30-2:00? what do you folks think of that?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
Yes please, I will take crawler course with side of fries and a large chocolate shake.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I'd definitely be willing to pitch in and help build it! Plus I'd like to be in on a place to have a little fun in my Grand Cherokee...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, I just did what sparky said and mapquested wilderness park in lincoln...

(in Chris Farley style...) OH MY FREAKIN GOD!!!!!! That is HUUUUUUUGEEEE!!!!! For those that haven't done this, I suggest doing so. We're talking MILES of area here... with lots of trails, and one area clear down at one end that looks like it either has large rocks, or large piles of something?

If there isn't something cool to crawl on down there I don't know where else it would be...

My vote is for wilderness park... but we're gonna have to all meet up at one spot... we'll never find each other in there otherwise...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

yea it's 1/2 mile by 6 miles, it's a flood plain for the city. It has numerous areas for crawling potential. It has hiking, biking, and horse trails all over.

If you all want we can meet at another location that we all can find easily.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

i am off friday & saturday & im going to gerames on friday so i can put my scorpian together if any wants to come down for the day & hang out feel free plus i need all the help i can get!!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #18

That'll be great. I'll run the idea of having a rc course past one of the board members of that club who is also my coworker. In the meantime, check out the club here: http://pioneer4wheelers.org/151/ and the forum here: http://pioneer4wheelers.org/phpBB3/

They're a pretty easy going bunch and don't even require people to pay the membership fee to wheel at a couple of events. You should definitely bring your Jeep over for that! Just take a look at the calendar of events and see whichever get togethers you'd like to come wheel at.

About Wilderness park, yeah that place looks like it will be a good spot. Definitely agree that it'll be good to plan out a spot to meet at since it's a fairly large area.

Quote:
And I don't know about anyone else, but I'd definitely be willing to pitch in and help build it! Plus I'd like to be in on a place to have a little fun in my Grand Cherokee...
Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Okay guys, this is my first GTG with other people. What do I NEED to bring with me? I'll have my R/C tools and all my spare parts, (which aren't many)

And my main battery is a 3000 NiMh which gives me lots of run-time, (almost an hour, if I don't hammer on it too hard) but my other battery is a 6-year-old Epic 1500 NiCd which sucks and may or may not actually HOLD a charge. (yeah, I need to get more batt's.)

Now on the note of the GTG, I think someone should go and check out the park to see what kind of conditions we're running.

That way I know if I need my hip-waders. I don't wanna end up like ThaClodKing and have to excavate my shoes....
Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Do you use tamiya plugs or deans? I have several 6cell packs I can bring.

There are no facilities of any kind. The conditions are mixed. dirt, mud, small and large rocks, water if you like, easy trails, logs, sticks, basically a path cut into the woods.