Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: GTG, Elmwood Park, Omaha, Ne. 3-29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi View Post
Most likely I should be able to make it. Gerame, can you pm me the address to you shop so I can meet you all there?

The address is 4407 S 139th st. Its no secret, it is on all the package labels for my products
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I will be pooling with Vashal and I hope to arrive early and get me some new rims.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

I had a lot of fun yesterday guys, and so did Amanda! Thanks for letting her drive your truck Jay!

BTW, mine is fine now that the ESC has dried out. (Thank goodness)

I sent Jay the pics from yesterday (let me know if you got them OK Jay)
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #44

It was a great time as always. Jesse and I stopped by the plex on the way home and I picked up a new bug body. Can't wait to get the thing painted and mounted.

When it comes to mounting the body, which do you all prefer. Mounts that go up into the body or ones that mount sideways like the ax10?
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

I had a lot of fun, too. Right up until the Gremmie quit.

As most of you may remember My ESC got water in it. Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky as Kwkride...

Let it dry, plugged it in just for a second to see if still worked before we left, it was fine.

Came home, sprayed it out with electrical contact cleaner, let that dry, then plugged it in to make sure it still worked. And it DID! For about 3 minutes.

Then the magic smoke came out. :-(

So, I'm going to be out of commission for awhile. The wife is mad at me because I broke it.

"Great, How much is THAT going to cost?"

I told her about $40 and she FREAKED OUT on me.

So, god knows when I'll get her running again.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I have a older LRP runner plus with no reverse delay I will give to you. It works good, I just don't use it since I got my Mamba Max.

I had a awsome time, when I got home I started on my winch for my jeep and I locked my tlt diffs the right way today. I will post pics when I get done with my scaler.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavelinSST390 View Post
I wasn't as lucky as Kwkride . . .

. . . . . the magic smoke came out.

That sucks! Do you still have your original one, or did it let the smoke out too? My original one smoked, but nothing like this. I think it just cooked one of the transistors.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Nice smoker! Ouch. I might have a spare SC you can run at the next GTG. I am just thankful for the good turnout, the more the merrier.

Jim, not a problem at all. I'm glad she had a good time. Looks as though I need to get some more rigs up and running (reliably!), it always helps to have more than one.

Vashal, it was great that you were able to make it. You and Jesse have highly capable rigs which will make for some great comps.

I will throw the pictures in the picture thread so check them out when you get the chance.
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky0068 View Post
I started on my winch for my jeep and I locked my tlt diffs the right way today. I will post pics when I get done with my scaler.
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of the orange Jeep yesterday.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have a older LRP runner plus with no reverse delay I will give to you. It works good, I just don't use it since I got my Mamba Max.

I had a awsome time, when I got home I started on my winch for my jeep and I locked my tlt diffs the right way today. I will post pics when I get done with my scaler.

AWESOME!!!

Guys, I've got to say, you dudes are just awesome. I've never recieved so much help with any of my hobbies. I owe Jay, Tim, Jesse, and Gerame sooooooo much paintwork.

If you three guys need ANYTHING painted, just holler.

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 03-30-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
That sucks! Do you still have your original one, or did it let the smoke out too? My original one smoked, but nothing like this. I think it just cooked one of the transistors.

My old one just straight died. I think I put in thermal shutdown too many times.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #52

Quote:

Wait...whats the right way to lock the diffs? I just went the spider gear way.
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #53

I locked mine the combined way. The combination being filled with putty and spider gear. That way it prevents the gears from getting too much strain from just the one opposing spider gear.

By the way, it really isn't too big a deal to me but my name is actually spelled Vishal. Like I said though not a big deal. My name has been butchered much worse before. The lowest point being when I was mistakenly called "Virgil". WTF!

But yeah, I can't wait to get my new bug body painted and ready to go. Then after that I just gotta work on adding some weight to the wheels and I'm good to go for a decent beginner comp setup.

Last edited by golgi; 03-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Okay guys, when and where on the next one?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Hey Jav,
I think I failed you. I didn't take any pictures of your Gremmie upside down, or stuck between two rocks.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #56

Jesse mentioned that he found a good spot at Antelope park in Lincoln. I haven't been there yet but wouldn't mind checking it out. Also I bet there are good spots out at Mahoney park in between Omaha and Lincoln.