Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Okay guys, where's the next one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Sounds like a good excuse, I hope no one was hurt. Michael asked me if this was a normal turnout, and I assured him it wasn't. I encouraged him to come out on the 26th even though I won't make it.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Nobody was home, the side that burned was being remodeled, the other side is fine. I used to live there so it is hard to see the 10x20 hole in the roof and the ceiling laying on the floor. That is why you buy insurance.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Man, that sucks. I sell insurance so I know how hard a fire can be. Was any of your dad's stuff damaged by water/smoke or is everything okay?

BTW, I heard something on the news about the Lincoln fire department responding to a blazing house fire and they had it out in under six minutes. That wasn't your dad's place, was it?
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

That was the one, it was contained it the attic and upper bathroom. No smoke damage in the living space just water all over the new carpet that was installed on FRIDAY. DAMNIT.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #45

Sorry about the fire. Glad no one was hurt.

So what time are is everyone planning on meeting up at hobbytown?
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

i say around noon if that works with everyone else??
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #47

noon sounds good to me!
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Works for me!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

I stopped by the 'plex today to check out the course... we're going to have a little cleaning up to do before we run. They're tearing out the dirt track (AGAIN!) because apparently, when they built it they failed to install a DRAIN and here lately it's become a swimming pool.

So there's a bunch of stuff lying in it again, plus a bunch of rocks have been knocked around, and, well, a lot of the rocks have sunk or had dirt flow in over them over the winter... In fact, a LOT of rocks have sunk... either that, or somebody stole a bunch of them or something... because it looks REALLY barren now compared to last year.... :-(

We should be able to have plenty of fun, though.

Noon sounds great... it means I don't have to get up too early.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #50

I picked up all the boards that were piled near the rocks today. The railroad ties will probably still be in the parking spot until I figure out where to use them.

The actual crawling area is picked up though. I posted it on the www.iowarctracks.com forum as well, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks,
Alex
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Cool! You didn't have to do that, though, we would have gladly done it.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
... we need to repay them with business ...
I think I spent enough there in the last 6 month that I will probably have funded a new course... shoot probably could have bought and erected a building by now

Sorry guys, my schedule is just killing me. Best of intentions and all but it's hard get a free weekend it seems. I would love to have the support and participation like the KC Crawlers have, maybe the Plex is doing the whole build it and they will come model.
stampedeproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky0068 View Post
I just ordered the Tamiya CR01 and I hope to have it running by the 26th. wish me luck!"thum bsup"
Just put one together for a RC Car article.

Don't rush it you'll get ticked.
Buy some real LockTite and LockTite everything, the motor has to be moved back one hole from what the instructions say or the front driveshaft will pull out
The center bearing in the transmission noted in the instructions is actually a spacer, spent the better part of an hour looking for that.

All the parts are there, just not in the bags they should be in.

It definately doesn't crawl like a AX10 but that really isn't the intent.

Otherwise a kicken build.

Tony
Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Dude, you have GOT to make it to one of the events here... otherwise, how am I gonna get the Gremmie in a magazine and prove to my wife that this was actually worth the stoopid amounts of money I've spent on it.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Yeah I think being able to show pics of a large group of 20 guys/gals in cow town USA should prove how hot the whole segment really is.

There are still a lot of skeptics that think crawling will balloon up and then implode in less than a year. An industry guy in the know said there were around 20,000 AX10 kits made and sold in the first six months since it's introduction and the expectation is that they will sell another 50-100K units by the end of this year. Hands down the best selling kit in the history of RC. I saw somewhere where VF noted they had sold around 1000 dig units so far and the mill heads are still spinning. Proline now has about ten different including M2 and M3 compounds, Losi's, etc. I just don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

From watching the KC event online, it looked like there were hundreds of people there and huge participation. Not bad for a segment where most of the competitors oldest rigs are less than a year old.

I have Buble tickets this weekend and a lunch thing with wife and friends, so unfortunately this Sunday will be out for me and again working the other job all day Saturday... at some point my head is just going to explode from a lack of at least one full day off a week.

Have fun guys we will hook up at some point... if I win the lottery this weekend, I'll buy some land and set up a track for us all

Last edited by stampedeproject; 04-24-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #56

We can't keep axials in stock.

I'm hoping my first crawler is a Losi one...
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by froboy View Post
I'm hoping my first crawler is a Losi one...
Is that a hint Alex? . . . . . .

Losi makes a lot of parts for crawlers (tires, bodies, shocks) are they finally going to come out with a crawler of their own?
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:14 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

hey guys if for some act of god resone it rains & is a swamp at ht if its ok with gearme we are meeting at his shop he was bringing some rocks & if any of you guys have somthing to crawl on bring that also if you can hopefully we will be at HT but just incase this is a second idea!!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

My heep'o'jeep is fully waterproof and so am I. If it is raining I would love the chance to take a tour of the Eritex Inc. manufacturing facility.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to me. I'll load up some of the rocks from my yard (wife wants 'em moved anyway) and bring 'em in for the day.

I'm guessing HT will be a mud hole. With where the pile is everything drains right across it. :-(