Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Okay guys, where's the next one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Okay guys, where's the next one?

Okay, so apparently this weekends GTG pretty much fizzled out.

So where's the next one?

I'd love to go check out the spot Sparky0068 talked about for last weekend.

This coming Sat. is shot for me (gotta go to my nephew's B-day party. )

But I'm free for the next weekend.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I was there for about 15 min and I discovered my axial is to small for the terrain there. I think we could try wilderness again or head to the plex and show Tim Ski what we are about, also it may generate some more interest in crawling if people see what it is that we do. Just an idea.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hmmmm... I'd be up for either one of those.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I stopped up to the Plex today. They said they want to build an indoor crawling course for this fall. Tuesday nights to be exact.

As far as some place to crawl next, I think H-Town is the ticket. It would be cool to see 10+ rigs up there running for at least 3 hours. I will set up gates and we can do a little pre-comp style run.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I work nights so that is a no-go. I would be all over weekends like flys on schitt.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky0068 View Post
I work nights so that is a no-go. I would be all over weekends like flys on schitt.
In the winter, they race on the weekend's. We might be able to squeeze some time out of them if they see a large group (I.E. sales).
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The eastpark HT is willing to have some information about the N.S.C.A. in the store, mabey Tim would do the same. Perhaps we could make some banners and show HT that rc crawling is the next have to have thing.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
The eastpark HT is willing to have some information about the N.S.C.A. in the store, mabey Tim would do the same. Perhaps we could make some banners and show HT that rc crawling is the next have to have thing.
The Plex is willing to back us, we just need to decide on a schedule and actually show up to all the events. The 10 or so guys I have info on will need to be a backbone on which the crawler hobby will be supported by. I'm not trying to put pressure on anyone, but if we tell the Plex we want them to set aside time and invest money in stuff for us we need to repay them with business and attacking others via exposure.

Who's with me? Lets get some cool stuff set up for crawling
Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

If I am to attack people I will need to mount a 50cal on my scaler!

I think we need to get some more great pics and decide on a Pic or graphic for a banner or poster and have a/some contacts for people to reach us at.

If the plex is willing to host I will make every attempt to make face and show off my goods. I mean super-duper driving skills.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to me.

I posted up on Rctech.net about our GTG on the 26th.

I posted up that we'll have it around 1:30, I assumed we'll just meet up at the 'plex.

Guys, we REALLY need to have EVERYONE in the area turn out for this one. Call, PM or just go pound on the door of anyone you know who has a crawler, or might be interested in them.

I know some guys around here have wives/jobs/school/sports that can get in the way of this stuff, but you've got two weeks notice.

Beg, plead, make a deal with the wife, make a deal with the Devil, call in sick, call in DEAD, QUIT if you have to, but we need EVERYONE to be there.

Someone in Omaha needs to make up a flyer for the event and post it at the 'Plex sometime this week.

Let's make this thing HUGE!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I will try and make something to give to the Ht's in Lincoln and hope for the best. I will try to incorporate some pictures of us crawling.

Do we want have a contact person for the Nebraska Scale Crawlers Association? or perhaps a phone number?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

im always game for HT im redoing the crawler it will def be done in two weeks, hey chris hows my tow strap coming?? they sell axials like crazy up there so we need to get a flyer about the club up there also, so people buying these things know who & where to crawl & mabye we can get more people!!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
I will try and make something to give to the Ht's in Lincoln and hope for the best. I will try to incorporate some pictures of us crawling.

Do we want have a contact person for the Nebraska Scale Crawlers Association? or perhaps a phone number?
You can put me down as a contact. Almost everyone has my cell number, might as well get rid of the almost in that phrase
Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 AM   #14

Standing bear lake in Omaha has some good spots that I've seen as I drive home. Near the south entrance are some new stones that I always thought would be fun to crawl on.

The Plex is always available for you guys. If you want to have something organized all you need to do is tell me and I'll make sure the offroad track is closed during that time, so there isn't any frequency conflicts and all that.

Saturdays are the best day for an GTG at the plex. Exposure during the day and no races to conflict with until Fall and Winter.
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 AM   #15
RCC Addict

that sounds good, I think the schedule will be easier to put together with that info and the support of the Plex.

On a side note, think about were you want the course moved to and I will get the man power to do it.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to get some plans going. I'm available this coming Saturday. The next weekend (26th/27th) I'll be teaching another motorcycle class.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

If anyone wants to, Myself and a buddy of mine will be out at the plex tonight from 5 till probably it gets dark.
Lesac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I made some signs and gave them to both HT's in Lincoln today. I hope it generates more interest. I have pics of several different vehicles on them.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #19

So if we have a GTG at the Plex on the 26th, I can defiantly make this one. (I'm skipping my trap meet in Lincoln because prom is that night) But with my schedule and me going off to college this fall, I think my appearances may even be more limited once I graduate in May. But I will do what I can to show up when I can. Also, is there gonna be places where we can charge batteries at the Plex? Everytime I bash on the track there is never an outlet to charge batteries.
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I have chargers that are 12v you can use.