Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Nebraska Scale Crawlers Association "official business" organization thread...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Nebraska Scale Crawlers Association "official business" organization thread...

Okay guys, the time has come to, as my dad says, "Either $h!t or get off the pot!"

Jesse and I have taken the reins of getting our Club together, officially recognized, organized, and really get things together since the crawling year is winding down, and winter projects will begin soon.

Here's what we're wondering.

#1. We need to know how many guys FOR SURE are going to join the club. Those of you who are need to PM me or Sparky 0068 with your contact info so we can submit a list of members for review.

#2. How many of you would be willing to pay a nominal, once-a-year due to be in the club? We're not talking a fortune here, just maybe $20. We want to do this for two reasons. First, the money would go strictly to the club, to pay for events (comps), possibly a course of our own somewhere (If there's enough $$$) plus, we're looking into getting club T-shirts made up and Club stickers for people's rigs.

The second reason for the club dues is, I've been a member of lots of things like this, (mostly model car clubs) and it seems that the clubs last longer and people show up more often when they've paid into the club. I think it has to do with the mental thing of "well, I've invested money, I should get my money's worth back out."

GTG's will always be free for anyone who wants to join in the fun, and for Local comps (sponsored by the club) club members would recieve free or reduced-cost entry, while "outsiders" would have to pay.

Basically you wouldn't HAVE to pay to be in the club, you just gotta pay to get the cool stuff.

#3. We're looking at having at least one solid, organized event each month (either comp or just GTG/trail run). If you guys want to have more, then that's cool, too, and we'll even run them under the N.S.C.A. banner, but I think that the third Sunday of each month should be THE designated meeting day. That way, we can ALL plan on needing that particular day free.

I personally would like to organize a few "annual" events each year. I think a good one would be a trail run and family picnic/BBQ kinda thing. Bring out the wife and kids. So they can all sit and talk about us behind our backs while we go play with our toy trucks in the dirt.

#4, and possibly most important WE WANT YOUR INPUT. I don't know about Jesse,but I ain't no freakin' genius, and as far as being leader of a large group like this, this is my first rodeo. If you guys have an idea for events or the way we should organize this thing, go ahead and post 'em up.

#5 This is a biggie. We are working with Alex at the HobbyPlex to try and get the winter indoor nationals RIGHT HERE in Nebraska. But we gotta move fast on this one, guys.

So, if you wanna be a member for sure, post up here and send me or Sparky0068 a PM with your contact info (Real name, Location (we don't need an address) possibly a phone #, etc.) so we can get a list together and submit it for official club approval. Then we can organize a real meeting to talk about this stuff and get the ball really rolling.

Thanks guys,
Chris
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I am all for this in every aspect. I contacted Alex at the Plex and hope to be hearing back from him with some details soon.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i'm new but i'm willing. Will pay club fees. will attend meetings as i can
ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Allright! And as far as meetings go, no one's going to come to your house and put a gun to your head and force you to go. (unless that's the only way the sig. other will let you out of the house... in those cases masked abductions could be arranged... ) Every club has that one guy who only shows up once a year. If you're that guy, that's cool. The more the merrier.

Oh, and Jesse and I talked about it and we think that local Comps will held for points, obviously the guy with the best score at the end of the year gets the trophy. We'll have an awards ceremony and BBQ/potluck at the end of each year.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #5

Count me in for the club, membership fee, and events.
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I am in for sure! Thanks for running with this Chris and Jesse!!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #7

you can count me in to just let me now how i can help
John Crosthwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

My wife and I are in. Terri is in grad school and starting her intern so not sure how often we will show up. The BBQ thing sounds good also. I love to cook so I could probaly help out with that. Mabe that will give me a good incentive to get my smoker finished.

Last edited by tk5028; 09-13-2008 at 10:08 AM.
tk5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #9

Way to go Jesse & Chris & Thanks!

I'd like to join, dues, meetings, The WORKS!
Biker713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Don't forget people PM wither Jav or sparky with you information.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:08 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I'm in, though unless my simplifies, I expect my attendance to be a little light.

Jesse has my info.
stampedeproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I am in, and thank you guys for doing this. I would, but new company takes priority.

I will do what you guys choose, just let me know
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
20K Club

If you guys get offically recognized and are awarded Nationals invites than I will be in for sure, dues and so forth. We still are always on the edge of wanting to come back to Omaha but we are back enough that I could plan on some comps and such.

You can list my name in your petition to the rules committee. Shouldn't need much else at this point I guess.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #14

Hey Chris,
Let's see . . . . trucks, dirt, food . . . . I'm in!!

Amanda
CrawlerQueen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #15

Count me in. I'll have a crawler one day soon.
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

OK guys I am giving this a whirl to get us officially recognized. Since we have had a ton of exposure with the 2.2 MICC, the timing is good and I think everyone should know who we are at this point.

Tony

--------------------

We would like to get this rolling and be an officially recognized club before the 2.2 MICC. I think we have everything in order as requested. Let me know what else you need.

Holmes Hobbies
sniders1975
Harley0706
All can vouch for me - StampedeProject

Before requesting that your club be added to the list, please review the RCC rules for club listing:

1. All club listing requests will be reviewed by all moderators.
Alright, review away

2. The club must have put on at least 6 events (comp or get together) that where listed here on RCC. You must include the links to 6 or more events when you pm me.
I think we have that covered....
Nebraska Gtg 10/28
Cunningham Lake, Omaha, NE
Omaha GTG, 9/16/06
Omaha GTG, 7/9/06
Nebaska GTG, Omaha 4-22-06
Nebaska, Iowa crawlers #2 1/22/06
NE/IA GTG (pics)
and of course the biggy http://2009midwestchallange.eventbrite.com/

Plus, three of us have traveled to comps outside our state/normal crawling area to compete against other clubs or groups.

3. The club must have a member or be vouched for by a member with over 200 posts and that has been a member for over 6 months. Include this members screen name in your pm.

RD400, Thaclodking, snider1975,
Harley0706, Holmes Hobbies stampedeproject, eritex Inc.

4. A list of members must be included with the request.

See above plus the guys in the Nebraska regional section.
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141491
We have over 25 paid up members with a total of 31 total including provisional un-paid members

5. Most importantly, RCC staff must be familiar with the group. That means your on RCC frequently and have posted enough events and pictures/results afterwards that we are familiar with your group.

I think we have this one covered as well.
http://rccrawler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123
Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #17

i'm new to crawling and don't have a 2.2 well yet i don't but i'm in
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Just an FYI

USRCCA is revamping rules on how clubs are "recognized" as a USRCCA sanctioned club. Changes are we will have to hold a bunch of comps and have a lot of club members.

If we pull of the 2.2 Midwest Challange and HobbyTown is happy with the event, we have a great opportunity to have move events during the year.