RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nebraska (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/)
-   -   Saturday's comp prep (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/193350-saturdays-comp-prep.html)

no2hud 08-09-2009 03:46 PM

Saturday's comp prep

Does anyone have any materials that we could add to the Plex course for this Saturday? I've been searching on craigslist and newspaper for possibilities. Flagstone, limestone, lava rock, logs, pallets, or any other material to add to the course would be great.

Would anyone be willing to go work on the course on Thursday night or anytime before the next comp? I still would bring my skidder if needed to move rock. Please chime in if anyone has any ideas.

Just email or pm and I'll give you my cell number to try and get something going.

Thanks,

Rich

sean68 08-09-2009 05:41 PM

I don't have a scoop on any materials, but i am more than willing to work! Just let me know!

kwkride 08-09-2009 06:40 PM

I don't know about any constructive material. I think I can get a hold of some pallets if that helps. I haven't been able to find a good source for rock or broken up concrete. I am willing to come out Thursday evening and work on this. "thumbsup"

Krakker 08-09-2009 08:54 PM

I can bring some small log pieces if you'k like. I'll also be bringing the Axial banner and a local fatherless kid to see how things go and play around.

Krakker 08-11-2009 07:19 PM

Well, I've got the Tekin crawler done except for the shocks, I'm waiting on the O-rings to show up. I'll have at least 2 of them ready, maybe a 3rd. Will we need any tables for out side or chairs? And what about power?

PS, anyone have a mini servo with metal gears they'd like to part with? I need to replace the plastic gears in my 225bb, and I don't have time to get them in by the comp. (that's what was making the noise last comp when running my dig.):shock: I'd trade a set of new Delrin links with 4mm revo ends on them if anyone's interested. (white delrin)

no2hud 08-11-2009 08:21 PM

Got motivated to redo alot of the couse tonight, looks awesome. Tom showed up part way in and then we just went at it. Set up a good 3-4 gate areas. I brought some more boulders with me to add to the pile and plus dug alot of big ones out from under the small chunks. We utilized the area on the north side of the door at the Plex. I wouldn't mind adding some logs or something to add a nice touch. Newbe with berg plus my losi drove all of the new area's but with challenge.

Ger came up with some good ideas for the future, adding a multi-tiered rock ramp up from the lower section. I think I might be able to make it around 6:30 pm if anyone else wants to show up.

After talking with the management and the owner, he would like it to look nice and clean (no kitchen sinks haha). Plus for the use of the land he ask that all rocks remain on the property and not be moved. That would be part of the trade off for getting free use of the property. Any future plans of ramps needs to be drawn up then I will submit for approval. Please let me know any thoughts about expanding the Plex's crawl box.

Krakker 08-11-2009 08:42 PM

Do you have a diameter of logs you're trying to aquire? I might be able to rustle up some and bring them down.

Harley 08-11-2009 09:22 PM

Really looking forward to showing up this weekend guys! I was trying to find some good photos for Rich of some of my favorite obstacles. Problem is that all of them are my favorite because of simple little details that don't come across in pics.

Can't wait to see the course.

kwkride 08-12-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2hud (Post 1937888)
I think I might be able to make it around 6:30 pm if anyone else wants to show up.

Thanks for all of the effort Rich "thumbsup"

Ken and I will be there Thursday night to help.

sniders1975 08-12-2009 09:28 AM

Woops!!!! sorry! I will be there thursday!