Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Hobby Plex Comp Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hobby Plex Comp Area

Thanks to Jim, Ken, Jay, Ger, Tom for meeting me up at the "Plex" to set up the comp course for Saturday.

Ger will be cad drawing out the rest of the area for future plans of coarse expansion down and around the railing connecting the lower level. If anyone would be willing to chip in an additional $20, along with the $120 disscussed from the six of us, to purchase another truck load of boulders. This would add to the new area along the guard rail and sections below (These additional boulders would be a donation to the Plex for the use of their land). Expanding this course would make a definite comp event area for the surrounding states.

We are very lucky to have a hobby shop that has this type of area to crawl with indoor pits, parts, and tech support on hand. Please thank Alex & Tim for all of there support.

South to north view.

North of fire escape door

Don't leave your water bottles. Ooops

Last edited by no2hud; 08-14-2009 at 08:49 AM.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
20K Club

Can't wait!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #3

Looks good guys! Thanks for all the work!
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
20K Club

Looks like a good chance of rain tomorrow......

I think we will have to play it by ear tomorrow morning. I really want to freaking comp!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #5

Better waterproof that rig!

Ya know, the weathermen are only right about 1/2 the time. We've come to the realization that if they say it's going to rain, we MIGHT get a sprinkle or two.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03libertysport View Post
Better waterproof that rig!

Ya know, the weathermen are only right about 1/2 the time. We've come to the realization that if they say it's going to rain, we MIGHT get a sprinkle or two.
I'm not afraid of a little water and neither is my rig

I just know how soft you Nebraska people are

Now where else can I keep smack talking?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, the rock looks great. I will kick in the 20 bucks on rock and pay my club fee at the comp. I hope I will be able to help next time you guys are working. Thanks to all those who helped and to the Plex!! See you in the morning
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

The comp area looks awsome... i can't wait!

I can throw down $20 on some more rocks as well!

See everybody tomorrow!
sean68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

If the weather does not cooperate, we will move the comp indoors and use some of the panels that were built for the Midwest Challenge.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Sorry guys im not going to make it today my wife has some things planned for my birthday I guess!! so you guy have fun!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

It looks like the weather is breaking for awhile and I think things could dry up pretty quickly. I will bring my blower to try and dry some of the rock areas off to comp on, maybe someone else could bring a blower or two as well. If we can run 2-3 courses at a time, I think we could be the next storm front. I'll be there around 10:15-10:30ish.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #12

That was AWESOME!:-D
dkiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I'm not afraid of a little water and neither is my rig

I just know how soft you Nebraska people are

Now where else can I keep smack talking?
Well, for someone who isn't afraid of a little rain.....we didn't see you there today. NOW who's the softie?!? :-D

I didn't do too bad today. Finished at the bottom of the pack, but still did decent considering I was running a basically stock axial, without a dig, that needs to be down-geared some. That and I'm still learning.

We got a bit of a late start due to the rain, and had a couple of rain delays, so it was a LONG day.

We even had a guy show up to watch from our local town. He stayed for the whole comp and watched, chatted, and got some good tips on rigs. I think he's got the "fever" now.

He said he saw the flier that Jim put up at Hobby Town (or maybe someone told him about it, I don't remember for sure) so he thought he'd see what it's all about.

Several people came out to watch knowing the comp would be there, and even some folks that didn't know the comp was going on, but just came out to shop, also watched for a while. It was great!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, this was the most fun yet. Ger your courses are the best, the harder the better in my mind. Rich your spotting saved me a ton of points, thank you for that. All around this was a great comp, I love the plex!!! Thanks Ty.
Let me know who I should give the $20 for more rock.

Last edited by Ty; 08-15-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

No problem Tye, I also enjoyed the coarse very much. Ger did an awesome job setting it up today!!! As far as the $20, maybe we could do an online club poll on how to handle the money. If anyone gets the money it should be the treasurer (mrs. snake lover, haha). With that being said anyone who contributes money for more rocks needs to have that amount earmarked as rock money and nothing else.

Kw & 03 thanks for your double duty and carrying the club on your shoulders, that's a lot of work your doing for the club. Your web site, score management, and money work is greatly appreciated. And let's not forget our Yodabuddyjedileader Ger for his awesome course designs, MOA, and management leadership of the club.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03libertysport View Post
Well, for someone who isn't afraid of a little rain.....we didn't see you there today. NOW who's the softie?!? :-D

Old 08-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2hud View Post
No problem Tye, I also enjoyed the coarse very much. Ger did an awesome job setting it up today!!! As far as the $20, maybe we could do an online club poll on how to handle the money. If anyone gets the money it should be the treasurer (mrs. snake lover, haha). With that being said anyone who contributes money for more rocks needs to have that amount earmarked as rock money and nothing else.
Agreed Rich, any money contributed for extra rock WILL be set aside for that specific purpose.

LOL @ mrs. snake lover! After you mentioned that at the previous comp, all I could think about was that song "I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes".
Old 08-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Too funny!:-P