RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nebraska (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/)
-   -   $20? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/194387-%2420.html)

no2hud 08-15-2009 07:16 PM

$20?

I make a motion to the club that we take a donations to purchase more bolders for the course. We threw out an amount of $20 on Thursday night out of enthusiasm to expand our course and may have spoken out of turn.

Any amount of donation for rock purchase would be great! I would suggest that any money taken in by donations be held by the Treasure and eartaged as 'Course Improvement Fund' the use is only to purchase more bolders. The Treasure can alert us once we have enough dollars to purchase another load. I believe that the last load was purchased for $250-300.

Expansion of this coarse could lead to many new directions of the club such as hosted comps, setting up classes, and verity of obsticle lines. The Plex is an awesome place to wheel and I feel that it would be a huge draw for more competitors.

An address would be needed for donations to be sent so that funds could build up sooner than waiting for the next comp. If the majority of the club would agree than let's persue this idea. That's only if the Jim and his wife want to take on this much work of dealing with the money.

I'm in for $20!

dkiger 08-15-2009 07:25 PM

Why don't we just drop the money of at any participating Runza Restaurant!"thumbsup"

03libertysport 08-15-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkiger (Post 1944294)
Why don't we just drop the money of at any participating Runza Restaurant!"thumbsup"

:lmao:

Yeah, at Rich's properties, and he would need to let us know which locations are his. :wink: "thumbsup"

Seriously though, I don't mind handling the money. If anyone wants to mail it to our home, they can PM either Jim or myself, and we will give them the address to send it to. :)

Now, where would we get the rock, because I don't know where to start on that one. :oops:

DeweyCJ5 08-15-2009 08:06 PM

heres a thought ... when i was a club member at a race track we still paid dues to race... it was a few dollars cheaper then a non club member

so at comps why don't you guys charge club members 3 or 4 dollars and non members 5 . that way the club could do things like getting more rock or end of season trophy's or most improved crawler awards or a club pizza night ... just random thoughts "thumbsup"

sean68 08-16-2009 11:14 AM

I can throw in $20 as well... or whatever? Its worth it!!

The Eye 08-16-2009 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
when it come to large cheap rock, you might want to look at

class 1 and class 2 rip rap
both are around $40 a ton "well out here anyway"
class 2 rip rap are sizes from 18" to 24" rocks
class 1 rip rap is 30" to 48" rocks

in the picture is 5 ton of class 2 rip rap. "thumbsup" good luck guys with the new rocks

no2hud 08-16-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eye (Post 1945017)
when it come to large cheap rock, you might want to look at

class 1 and class 2 rip rap
both are around $40 a ton "well out here anyway"
class 2 rip rap are sizes from 18" to 24" rocks
class 1 rip rap is 30" to 48" rocks

in the picture is 5 ton of class 2 rip rap. "thumbsup" good luck guys with the new rocks

I agree with the rock choice, I'll have to get approval to make sure that if meets the owners preference. If anyone has a contact on a dump truck to haul for a reasonable price then maybe we could get things done pretty cheap but yet look awesome. Thanks Eye for the input. Check out Eye's course www.theroxbox.com

Sean 20.00
Rich 20.00
Tye 20.00

Krakker 08-16-2009 01:52 PM

There is also the posibility of getting used concrete for free. some of the building being done next to the plex could also empty their left overs into sections that could be moved once dried. Some places will drop off their busted up stuff for free if it's closer than taking it to the recycler. It makes for good fill material or angles like side hilling or "cracks" (like on my course).

no2hud 08-16-2009 02:32 PM

Yes, free is great but it has maintain an appearence. The Plex doesn't want it looking like a mess for the development, that's our only requirement. We also need to show a design for approval.

sniders1975 08-16-2009 03:12 PM

Im in for 20.00

no2hud 08-17-2009 05:52 PM

Ger said he was in for $20, getting close to a goal to purchase a load. I believe we're at $100 for more rock. Any more people interested?

no2hud 08-18-2009 03:42 PM

Got another $20 donation today, puts us up to $120 in rock money.

no2hud 08-19-2009 09:20 AM

I am willing to get a dump trailer free of charge and go pick up some more rock for the comp site. I would need to get the $120 from everyone committed to purchase what we can. This way we could set up our finals at the ‘Plex” with a new course (If that is where we choose to have the finals).

Just let me know if that interests anyone soon so that I can go to Lincoln to get the trailer to haul the rock. We then would need to schedule another night to go and set up the course. I'll bring my skidloader up to help make things easier. Ger would have to try and get some type of cad design to show the owner for final approval.

Please sound in with your ideas, I really would like to build an awesome course up there for the future.

Just got a call from Fred Sanford for another $20....that brings us to $140.

Eritex Inc. 08-19-2009 10:27 AM

I have a rough CAD drawing of the plex. I will see about cleaning it up a little and get you and Ken a copy.

jetboat 08-19-2009 10:32 AM

slap rock can usually be had for under $20 a ton... Basically its the rock right after its been blasted. You may get pieces the size of a baseball all the way up to 400#ers.

The other option (that I used) is to call a local landscaping yard and ask them if they want to sell you everything that wont sell by the tandem load. I was able to get 12 tons of landscape rocks (basketball on up) for $300 delivered. Given, they were some ugly rocks but, they were cheap and crawl nice.

03libertysport 08-19-2009 11:35 AM

Thanks for the input jetboat! "thumbsup" It certainly is worth looking into....may be the way to go with the $$ we have committed already. :)

no2hud 08-20-2009 12:32 PM

found cool rockbox.. http://www.bigsquidrc.com/rc-rock-cr...aceway-course/