Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Sunday comp on the 8th??? interest??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Sunday comp on the 11th??? interest??

First off, I'm only trying to get more interest in the Lincoln and surrounding areas that are further west; Second, I know that some folks can't make Saturdays, SOOOOO, If there's enough interest, I would be glad to start setting up some comps down in the Valley.
Perhaps this could be a scorable option for thoughs that can't attend the majority of events due to being on Sats. I would like to hear from our club officers on this as well. Perhaps more comps in the future could be held for Sunday crawlers.
It would also require that some help be available for course setup and scoring.

Last edited by Krakker; 07-09-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i can make it. i would love to help score and setup courses. im getting some clipboards and stop watches this week sometime so i can go to various locations and try to make it comp like. im also gonna try and make it to bass pro here in cb and see if they would be willing to let us comp there also. will post up
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

We are always looking to hear feedback from our members.

We know that some people can not make comps on Saturday because of work. We also know that others are not able to make it to the Sunday comps. It was because of member feedback that we set up this years schedule the way that we did.

If you look at the schedule you will see that there are some two week gaps between comps and some three week gaps.

Also, every third comp is on Sunday. This is so that we can mix it up and try to accommodate the most members.

We scheduled more of the comps on Saturdays than Sundays because we traditionally get a better turnout on Saturdays.

If you guys think that half of the comps should be on Saturday, and half should be on Sunday, then we can certainly look at that for the next series.

Of course anytime you guys want to get together and have practice comps, go for it. I wish I could get more practice in, but my schedule is way too hectic.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I may be able to make it this sunday. Depends on work.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
i can make it. i would love to help score and setup courses. im getting some clipboards and stop watches this week sometime so i can go to various locations and try to make it comp like. im also gonna try and make it to bass pro here in cb and see if they would be willing to let us comp there also. will post up

YA man that bass pro looks like it was meant for crawlin. It would be cool if they let us. Even if we had to sign a waiver of liability, I think most would be ok with that. If they give ya the go ahead, I would be willing to crawl with ya next weekend there.

Last edited by major94; 07-04-2010 at 04:15 PM.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

sounds good. ill try and get there by mid week. this may sound stupid but are we talking about august 8th?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I was trying for July 11th.
I was hoping to try and ease some of the burden from the clubs schedule and accomodate other members and local interest. If it doesnt work out that's OK, if it only turns out to be good practice, that's OK.
I just wanna crawl.

Last edited by Krakker; 07-05-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

The 8th is a thursday, not a sunday. I think it would be cool on the weekend. I may come if its saturday or sunday, but not thursday
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Good point I thought we were talking about this sunday not thursday. Never checked the date.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

DUH! I don't know how that happened, but Yeah, I'm talking about the "11th". Must be that age thing catching up to me.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
RCC Addict

k ill talk to my wife but i think its doable for me. yep ill be there ealry to try different setups with tires and whatnot. ill get there around 9

Last edited by Kratos; 07-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Is this still going to happen or what? I will be there but, I just want to know what we are doing. Is this just a gtg or a comp that will count towards the series? I would guess that this is just for fun, but I will be there. We need to do one at 98th and "O" street too.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctz28 View Post
Is this still going to happen or what? I will be there but, I just want to know what we are doing. Is this just a gtg or a comp that will count towards the series? I would guess that this is just for fun, but I will be there. We need to do one at 98th and "O" street too.

This would not count toward the series points. It would just be a GTG.
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

So are we getting together at the same place we always comp at, on the bike/walking trail. If thats the case we will be there arounf 12:30 ish (ish gives you a 15 minute grace period).
Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Wish you were doing this on a Saturday, I'd be able to make it then, have fun! If Chris doesn't beat you Ty then he should bow out on the next comp so you two can take it down to the wire, headtohead/mantoman live action.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

12:30 would be a good start time I'm thinking. We could get courses set up pretty quick and everyone should have eaten by then.
I got enough balls for 8 gates. (I'm missing some balls) Who else has some? Just a thought, but we could make the courses with fewer and cut the run times since there won't be as many of us.
It would be a great time to tune tires and practice some angles/technique.

Who's all coming?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Me!
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Me and bro.I know Chris could bring his balls. Some times he leaves them at home.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
RCC Addict

lol i have enough balls for 2 courses. so start time at 1230. i also have 1 stop watch and one clipboard with some scoresheets
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2hud View Post
Wish you were doing this on a Saturday, I'd be able to make it then, have fun! If Chris doesn't beat you Ty then he should bow out on the next comp so you two can take it down to the wire, headtohead/mantoman live action.
lol and sorry but im not bowing out of the next comp.