RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nebraska (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/)
-   -   New panels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/266155-new-panels.html)

Kratos 08-24-2010 12:57 PM

New panels

anyone want to make some new panels for hobbytown indoor course? just thought it would be nice to have some other panels to shake it up a bit? thoughts?

no2hud 08-24-2010 02:47 PM

I've been trying to find some time to work on the ones I have but not much luck lately. I have three 3-4' x 6-8' pallets that I was going to use to make the new panels and put them on casters. I would staple down boxes for different elevations then tarp and spray foam the sections. After that we would have to use a spray mortar or trowel on the mix to see how it would work. This is kind of an idea that the club in Montrose, Co uses and they said it holds up really well, the only difference is they don't have the sections on pallets. I'll try to gather some more boxes from work and get back on it in my spare time.

The owner gave permission to add some more sections as long as they were movable which by using casters they should. We went over the area of expansion which looks like it could give us plenty of room. If the club wants to pitch in on some of the cost of materials if the first panel turns out, then I would be willing to construct more in my shop. Also if anyone has leads on material to shave costs let me know.

Kratos 08-24-2010 05:36 PM

id be happy to help with some costs and labor. i think it would be great if we could get about double panels in there to get more creative with gates since we are kinda limited right now. how much space did they give us now? when do u need help putting some stuff together?

major94 08-24-2010 07:34 PM

Alex at the plex said the other day that he wants to cut some of the pit tables legs off to bring them down. and then we could have multi level course. It sounded legit.

kwkride 08-24-2010 08:37 PM

Making a few more panels is definitely a good idea. I was thinking about that earlier today.

I'd be surprised if Alex was serious about shortening some of the pit tables. When they hold national events at the 'Plex they use every pit table they have.

major94 08-24-2010 10:22 PM

He said, and I quote "we never use these 4 tables, so it would be good to get them some use. And it would make the rock courses really cool" end quote. word for word, as I was bustin my butt tryin to pick up the panels I brought and he watched me.:lmao:

Its a good Idea so encourage him and he may regret it later. "thumbsup"

kwkride 08-25-2010 05:00 AM

OK, I'll ask him about them tonight. "thumbsup"

no2hud 08-25-2010 09:44 AM

I'll post some pictures of the pallet that I've started on but still have to take it to get sprayed with foam. Once I get it foamed maybe we can hook up Chris to test spread the mortar.

Kratos 08-25-2010 12:53 PM

yea that would be great. let me know

no2hud 09-04-2010 12:58 PM

Well I got started on a couple of panels for the winter season. I used boxes and stacked them on two pallets so far and covered one with an old tarp I had and the other with weed barrier cloth I found in the shop. Feels pretty solid and should even firm up once the foam has been sprayed on. After that then it's time for some stucco spreadin fun.

Here is some pictures of the test panels I'm working on.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...d/DSC00627.jpg

I'm planning on putting three panels together then having the foam dud show up for spraying. I'll post up when everything is ready for help on the stucco.

Krakker 09-04-2010 02:27 PM

Lookin' good Rich. Those should be really nice when done.

froboy 09-07-2010 04:19 PM

I've done some rearranging the last couple of days.

The indoor crawler area is now larger and in the shape of a "U".

There are three additional 8x4 foot tables to work with. In fact, there isn't enough stuff to cover them all with.

Psychomonkey RC 09-07-2010 04:28 PM

You rock Froboy! "thumbsup"

DeweyCJ5 09-07-2010 05:18 PM

Thanks alex "thumbsup"

kwkride 09-07-2010 07:15 PM

Those panels look like they're going to be fun Rich!

Thanks a lot Alex!
Are you ready to dominate the Winter Series this year?

kwkride 09-09-2010 07:48 AM

Here's a pic of what the crawling area currently looks like.

Thanks again Alex.

http://myrcmt.com/review/images/gall...l_IMG00094.jpg

Psychomonkey RC 09-09-2010 11:01 AM

Very nice. I see a kicka$$ winter season in your future.
Thanks again Alex!

Kratos 09-09-2010 11:22 AM

that looks amazing. i think we all need to get together for a sunday or saturday and get some panels made that way we can fill in the blanks? thoughts? ive heard of using foam and just carving it with a knife to get ehat you want then coating it with crete

DeweyCJ5 09-09-2010 11:36 AM

wow very nice Thanks Again Alex "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

kwkride 09-09-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos (Post 2628008)
ive heard of using foam and just carving it with a knife to get ehat you want then coating it with crete

Some of the current panels are carved out of styrofoam and then coated with concrete or sprayed with bedliner. Most of them have a structure built up out of wood scraps or whatever was laying around, then we covered them with chicken wire, then we soaked strips of burlap in concrete and layed them over the foundation.