Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Lookin for club input.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #21

All I am waiting on is a good high torq servo, got all the other parts just need to put it together, I have the RS 10 ready thanks to my bro and bringin it out, we will see how it does, can't wait.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchemist View Post
Unfortunately I've got a family obligation in the afternoon, so Herbie the monster beetle (and I) won't be able to comp.

Ben O.
Aww c'mon, you can get one course in.
We'll stick you to the front of the line.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #23

I'll throw him in the car and see what time allows.
benchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:09 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'll throw him in the car and see what time allows.

Ben, call me before 9:15-30 and I'll let you take my Berg to the comp since I won't be using it. 3.0*6-0.2#9*8. I can get it back from you next week, just let me know.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I've been trying to read up on the Bully section.

Read through your modified Tag chassis thread, and several of your lightening threads. Lots of good info there.

If your gonna be at the plex Saturday for the NSCA winter series, bring the chassis and we can talk.
Ben O.
With the girls B-day here on Tues, and still needing to finish up some vehicle things I won't be able to make it to a comp till after Christmas.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #26

I understand. I ended up just being able do both courses before I had to get back to my family event. Herbie made it through a few gates. I'm looking forward to trying to comp with something a little less top heavy and with some chassis clearance.

What's a good place to get delrin?
Old 12-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #27

Ben, when you get your bully built you will be a force to reckon with, your just go mentality is great, Herbie made it further than I did. I will have to try my scaler next time, it just might do the trick. I will most likely have my bully done for next comp, found the servo today and a castle bec, just waiting for christmas money to the tune of $130. See y'all next year.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #28

What did you end up going with for a Servo? (still need to decide myself)

It was good to look at a couple different bully setups today. Showed me a couple different chassis options.

I was thinking about getting an AX10 chassis for my scaler to put under the proline tuber chassis I picked up on Black Friday. It looked like that could be a possibility as a temporary bully chassis while I make a final decision.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

The Demon chassis is a good one for Bully's I'm just not a big fan of long skids. If you like the bodiless look, the BJV4 is super also. I put a T1E moonbuggy cab right onto my TAG with no modifications.
If your going to go for a GOOD servo, the Hitech 7950 is really nice and probably the best (IMO) servo for the money with 486oz torque at 7.4V. It's standard size as well.
The Hitech HS7980 is just a hair bigger each direction but puts out an amazing 611oz at 7.4V!! I just got one for $139 at power_hobby, and the 7950's I've gotten for $114 from Hoobytown, (price matching). the HS-7955TG is good and the JR9001T are tough and well priced and in the mid 300+oz range.
If you gotta throttle hard go for it style, get something that's got a 400+oz torque rating.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #30

How do you think a losi comp crawler chassis would work?
(really sucks being so undecided sometimes)

I'll probably go either 7954 or 7950 for the servo.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Ben,
I looked at using a Losi chassis at first. It may work but, it will need some creative link building.
Chad
Psychomonkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #32

After doing some more looking and reading, I'm kinda liking the look of the SNG-HC chassis from EEM. It looks kinda like it's the next gen of the Tag Slant chassis.
Then for amusement, I might try a 2L bottle for a body. That or I'll have to do a bug body and put a Herbie scheme on it to continue getting the wife's support.

I'll probably also go with JP high clearance links front and ultra high clearance links rear and High clearance steering link.

Approximately what length upper links should I be on the look out for?

Ben O.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

hard to say with upper links.. its all on how much you want to clock your axle... i made my uppers when i found a measurement i thought would work and then it depends on your chassis.
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Getting a set of turn buckles and push rods from a Revo of ebay is what I did. Gave me plenty of links to work with that were different in length. They are light weight, super strong but best of all, they are thin and give lots of room for tuning and chassis space. I bent some for my rears on the TAG. EEM went to focus on the SNG chassis instead of the TAG which broke my heart. I LOVE this chassis, and the rake of the skid and it's small size are an advantage IMO.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #35

So, I got my axles in the mail Monday.
I open the box and the motors and dig are in a plastic bag and the axles are in a bully box.
Checked the motors and they are in good condition and function properly.
I looked at the dig and realized I was probably gonna have a problem. Both diodes were busted.
Did a quick temporary wiring with some test leads and test the dig...
Both motors ran and the light changed for the 3 positions, but both motor ran regardless of the position and the unit didn't make that familiar "click".

After finally figuring out exactly what type of diode they were(hard to do when most of the identification numbers are broken off) I picked up a couple 1N4001 diodes at radio shack. Did some careful soldering work to replace the diodes this afternoon.

Did another test of the unit and now it works.

The axles appear to be in decent shape, normal crawler scratches.
Came with an extra set of front tubes and knuckles (the long tube has a partially stripped hole). Missing one of the rear hexes, but I can figure something out for that.

As a whole, I'm pretty happy so far. Now to get a chassis, links, Lipos and steering items ordered. Might order up a set of XVD v6 axles at the same time for the possibility of additional steering throw.