Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: !!!!! Dang it !!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default !!!!! Dang it !!!!!

I just went out to the rocks today to get some testing time in on some tires, lasted about 1/2hr, then UUGGGGHHHHHH, my newest FXR is smoked. Got home and checked the cap, all the connections and pthfff. only makes the motor give a slight sqweak. Tested both ESC's with the same spare motor, the older one runs it like a champ.
Emailed Tekin about it, we'll see what they can do for me. It just sucks that I just openned that one to use for this years season.
guess I'll get the bec for the rear servo hooked up and use Rems rig for this Sat.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #2

Sorry to hear it Rory, it always makes your day when your new expensive parts don't make it very long. Hope they get ya a new one. See ya Saturday .
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

that sucks...hope that they take care of it for you fast. remember no points on Rem's rig unless you lock out the rear steer...
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyCJ5 View Post
that sucks...hope that they take care of it for you fast. remember no points on Rem's rig unless you lock out the rear steer...
I"m debating on locking that axle out and unplugging the servo. Since it's the end of season I might just want to give her rig a whirl and see how fun it really is.
The heat from what ever went wrong took out my new bec as well, so I either put the replacement one in mine or hers. She needs one for the rear servo still sooo,,,, We'll see what we run when we get there. She'll probably stay home since she just had her tonsils removed tho, I don't want her around all that HT dust.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Well the Dang it will hopefully be over soon, I recieved a new BEC in the mail and got confermation that a new ESC is also on it's way.
I'm going to be installing heavy duty power caps on both of them and change up the configuration in how they are placed in the chassis, we'll see what happens, I'm still waiting to find out what's up from Castle about the 10amp BEC set at 7.4V running a 7980 servo. I'm thinkin' I might go back to a 7950 for my comp rig if there's issues with the amp draw of the 7980.
I find my self wondering, "do I really need that much torque on a low 5 lb crawler"?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

So is it all good now?
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote