Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: back in the loop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default back in the loop

Hello all! I'm back in the swing of things again. I caught 4 burglers about a month ago in the act at our house. Needless to say, they trashed our house so badly that it was un-liveable for a while. Now that things are returning to normal, i am now able to get back into crawling. I signed up last winter to help out at the big comp. I signed up to be a go-pher. I am still going to be able to do that. What time should i get to the plex on Sat? I don't plan on competing.
ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10 View Post
Hello all! I'm back in the swing of things again. I caught 4 burglers about a month ago in the act at our house. Needless to say, they trashed our house so badly that it was un-liveable for a while. Now that things are returning to normal, i am now able to get back into crawling. I signed up last winter to help out at the big comp. I signed up to be a go-pher. I am still going to be able to do that. What time should i get to the plex on Sat? I don't plan on competing.
Wow, I'm glad to hear that you're OK and things are getting back to normal.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

all four were in court today and all plead guilty. All have prison records for theft and burglery. All four were caught dead to rights by me. Yet they want to take ME to small claims court for emotional distress. I held them at gunpoint until the police arrived. The prosecutor said i have nothing to worry about. But it really irks me that they would even consider suing me. On a side note: I don't normally go around armed. We had just back from sighting in a new 9mm carbine. Now we have some heavy steel doors that shouldn't be able to be kicked in.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

glad you are ok...i don't think they have a leg to stand on with their record and they were caught in your house and outnumbered you 4 to 1
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #5

I'm glad you or you family were not injured, and that you were well armed! sorry to hear they tore your home up. They should be greatful that you didnt kill everyone of them.
1428turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

dang man, sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you're OK. But you're nicer than me. I'd have taken the damages out of their a$$.

Phone call to the cops would have went "Uh, yes, I need an ambulance and the police sent to my house. I caught four guys robbing my house, and now there are four unconcious men with severe bodily and head trauma and one gunshot wound apiece in one leg. No ma'am, I'm fine, I just shot 'em so they couldn't get away while I beat 'em with a bat. Oh and could you tell them to hurry, these losers are bleeding all over my carpet."
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

my boss knows one of the guys. Said this should make him an habitual criminal. Which means alot longer sentence. One of them had mommy bond him out. A victims advocate told us to turn in all our bills to her. That way, the judge will use the bond money to recoup all of our expenses. Makes me think: Maybe i need a new crawler for my emotional well being. Think the judge would go for that?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yes judge they smashed my brand new Berg Crawler.
Worth a try.
Psychomonkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

could lay all my spare parts on the floor and take a pic. "this is all thats left of my week old crawler". But then again i could end up joining the 4 others with perjury charges
Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

So YOU had a gun and yet all 4 made it to court?

That's funny, I thought news said there were originally 5 at the house. shhhh.

Hope you get everything back in order, punks like that should be required to sell their own possesions to pay you back for damages.
You should counter sue them as well for the same emotional damages: Holding them at gun point in your own house and NOT getting to shoot them.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

you hit it right on the nose Krakker. My wife is meeting with a victims advocate about that very thing. I can tell that her emotional well being hasen't returned to normal yet. When ever we come home, she wants be to go in first and check the house to make sure it's empty. As far as everything getting back in order, things are. Besides a new door and motion lights, there are no signs that there was a break in at all