Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Central States Challenge 2011....Success???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Central States Challenge 2011....Success???

Central States Challenge 2011....Success???

Absolutely yes, IMOP.

Great effort by many people, each person with their specific responsibilities.

Pres. Dewy - Great job heading this project up and keeping it alive. I was very impressed by what you and Alex put together for door prizes and advertising on a ssslliiimmm budget. Thanks big fellow.

Alex & Plex - Thanks for such a great facility with ample parts, pit area, and crawling space. This place is growing to be the biggest RC World destination with soon to be a full indoor off-road racing facility. Alex, thanks for bringing Losi into this event and giving us the opportunity for the first Losi Pro Nat's. This was the ultimate concept along with the big bang of bringing Jay Robinette to crawl with us. Jay was a great mentor to many in the pits and on the course with his experience.

Chad - You and Dewy are the Laurel & Hardy of the club, true comedy. Both you guys stepping up by driving 2 hours each way to work on course design and course lay out was awesome dedication to this hobby, thanks.

Jim & Ken (Thelma & Louise) - Thanks for all the tech, advertising, & posting results for this event, this was a big part of our success. Also thank you for your assistance on course construction.

Smokin Joe, Ty, James, Chris - Thanks for your participation in course construction along with judging at the event. Smokin, thanks for the entertaining cable bridge that displayed Chris's outstanding crossing on three wheels.

Jay Robinette & Losi - You guys took a big risk coming to a small club event in Nebraska. We were proud to run 18 cars in the first ever Losi Pro Nationals event. Jay, as mentioned above, you showed huge professionalism in giving up many of you secrets in making Losi products very competitive in 2.2 & 1.9 shafty rigs.

Cow RC, Pitbull tires, Paul's custom wheels (sorry, forgot your company name), Losi, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others that will be named below - Thanks for your support of door prizes which helped rewarding the guys who committed to the long drive to Omaha, we had 28 drivers attend.

KC & the Sunshine Gang - Josh, Big & Little Aron, Paul and the rest of the gang, thanks for another entertaining showing of love for the RC hobby. I think Hobbytown will have to recuperate after a near draining of parts and products. I think we nearly saw every RC object purchased and tested first hand, then educated everyone how to pack a majority of the Hobbyplex's inventory in your minivan for the ride home. Your entertainment and not to mention spectacular driving from your group was greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to the rest of the competitors for assisting us in our first major outdoor comp in Omaha. Maddog, glad you brought your husband to drive this time!

Thanks again!
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

And a huge Thank You to you too Rich!
Without you and your help with building the course area, this even would not have been the huge success that it was!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks for all the hard work guys, had an absolute blast. It was a real pleasure meeting all of you.....and Alex really appreciate the parts so I could finish up the last course of the Losi yesterday, thank you
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Great comp guys it was alot of fun and I will be at the next one. Thanks for all your hard work that you did your club is strong and it shows.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
ASRCRAWLERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Just to show how good KC & The Sunshine Gang did for the economy.

I think Alex could send you a couple of Plex Bucks to draw you back.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
20K Club

Let's see.... We bought:
HPI Sprint 2 Drift
HPI Sprint 2 Sport
Losi Slider
Losi Micro Rally
4 MRC Pro's
MRC Aluminum Knuckles
MRC Aluminum C's
MRC bent lower links
MRC outboard shock kit
Venom 5000 2s
Venom 3800 2s
Castle BEC
Tekin B1R
Wire and heat shrink
Futaba 614 4ch RX
Rubber tires and new wheels for the drifter
Mini LST motors
10 packs of micro deans
Proline Javalin body for the Drifter
Losi 600 2s

I'm probably forgetting stuff too! Yikes, that's scary to see typed out. We went home with 17 running trucks!

Thanks to the whole club, had a blast. Sunday was as laid back as it could get but ran very smooth. The courses on Sunday were fantastic. Never enjoyed driving a mini as much as I did yesterday. The new crawling area is great, extremely well placed for manmade terrain.

Thanks to Losi for putting that concept into reality. Glad they could mail Jay out to put on a show.

Can't wait to come back up for some more events.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

All I can say is Thank You to everyone up in Omaha this weekend. This was my first ever BIG event that I have drove in. Very hard course's, but I didn't expect them to be easy! The results from Saturday running the 2.2 amazed me since I had about 30 seconds of run time with the rig and controller before I hit Course number 1. It was a blast painting my Mini Body also, thanks to everyone for the comments, and to the ones who had extra paint laying around to use! Alex, thanks so much for helping me out with the mini deal. Diffidently want to come up for a regular event and hang out afterwards. Plus bring a few extra grand so I can buy some more toys! Thanks Again!
BuddhaTat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

We also need to thank Rory (aka Krakker). He drove up from Lincoln to help out all day Sunday. He judged all day just to help out.
Thanks Rory.
Psychomonkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomonkey RC View Post
We also need to thank Rory (aka Krakker). He drove up from Lincoln to help out all day Sunday. He judged all day just to help out.
Thanks Rory.
Absolutely! Thanks a lot Rory, it was really appreciated.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

what an amazing weekend thank you every one. friday started off really bad , had to rebuild my sink and my son broke both bones in his wrist
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #11

Had a really super time this weekend, can't wait for next year. A big thanks to everyone that helped make it happen, you are all awesome.

Thanks to all of the out-of-towners, hope the trip is one you will make again!

KC Gang-You might want to bring a bigger car next time, just think of all the stuff you could buy.

Now I just have to hope Chad will fix both of the rigs I broke. What can I say? I drove them like I stole them. Of course I could try to do it myself but then I wouldn't be able to say Chad sabotaged me. hehehe And what fun would that be?

Last edited by Rockin' Shafty Chick; 05-03-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Rockin' Shafty Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #12

Dude, we're on NeoBuggy!
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2hud View Post
Maddog, glad you brought your husband to drive this time!
LMAO...just wished he woulda showed up on Saturday.

I had a blast! The courses were great, the event went smooth and I even won a few door prizes too....I NEVER win those.

You guys did an awesome job....you should be very proud of yourselves.
I for one really appreciated the work you guys did on the courses, it is MUCH better now and will continue to get better as it settles in. I am looking forward to coming back soon.

Had fun visiting with the out of towners that I hadn't met before and seeing the ones that I knew. It was great to finally meet "Rubbaneck" too. Thanks to Losi for sponsoring the "Mini Crawler Pro Nationals"...that was probably the most fun I have ever had crawling.

Should NSCA decide to do this comp again, I will definitely be there as a sponsor and a competitor again.

Swyped by Tapatalk
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Thanks for coming and I'm glad that you had a good time!
You're welcome back at any time!