Old 07-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Video I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T7Ubf2SfoWY
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #62
Defy Gravity

to NSCA: thank you very much for putting on a fun comp! courses were a blast and enjoyed every second of it.

to the people that helped guide my feeble attempts at driving (told ya it wouldn't take much kratos ): thank you so much. i learned more today about driving than i had on a year and a half on my own.

to dave from NDRCRC: thanks for the spur, it saved the day for me for sure!

on a side note, never drive 2.5 hours to a comp, go all day, and then decide that driving 5 more hours on your own is a good idea.

Pete
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Great comp at one of the best places to crawl. Thanks for a fun day. Dave from NDRCRC...
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

What a great time, thanks to the ND, SD, and MN guys for showing up it's great to compete with new people. The Falls area was a big time success and thanks Dewy for suggesting the area, it was worth the 3.5 hr. drive for sure.

Here's the final scores for the top five from 1.9 & 2.2 classes.

The 1.9 class had a major upset with Kratos not being here to fill the #3 spot and willingwillys jumped up into 1st place since Chad and I blew the finals.

1st Willingwillys +30
2nd Psychomonkey +34
3rd No2hud +37
4th Kratos +87
5th Tctz28 +101

The 2.2 class had much of the same since tqcookie had to bail for their long drive home and once again Kratos was on the road. SD boy's set up a killer course for the finals, you missed an awesome course with only Tctz28 finishing.

1st Tctz28 -8
2nd Psychomonkey +6
3rd No2hud +32
4th Tqcookie +41
5th Kratos +52

I will turn the score sheets into James as soon as possible so that he can get the rest of the pack posted. Thanks again to the ND gang for coming and setting up a great course for 2.2 and the SD gang killing us with their 2.2 finals course. Also want to that Omega-tron the local ringer and ghtpdm5 for MN for rounding out our multi-state challenge.

Jim, please get series 5 scores to James so that he can get the 1.9 updated for the series totals.

Last edited by no2hud; 07-10-2011 at 09:06 AM.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

SD gang
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

ND boy's come with bridge, BONUS

Old 07-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #67

I had a great time yesterday. That is an awesome location and a different type of rock that we aren't accustomed to. I also enjoyed all the spectators that watched us for a while as they were checking out the falls.

I do have one question though...

Unless there is a rule that I am unaware of, how can you remove someone from the top three that EARNED the right to be there?

Even though they weren't there to finish the finals course they still completed three courses better then the rest of the field. Shouldn't they just get a DNS in the finals and end up third?

Moving someone up from 4th or 5th doesn't make any sense to me at all.
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by froboy View Post
Even though they weren't there to finish the finals course they still completed three courses better then the rest of the field. Shouldn't they just get a DNS in the finals and end up third?

I'm not sure Froboy, that's just what the club has done and it happened to me earlier this year on the 1.9 class, but it didn't have that big of an effect on me going from 1st to 2nd. If you see that in 1.9 the 4th place guy ended up winning the 1.9 class at Sioux Falls. Doesn't even matter to me at all, I just got to run an additional class in 2.2 and enjoyed every minute of it.

The people that scored well enough to be in the finals could have stayed and finished........ Ty did mention that we didn't have to run the 3rd place by national rule standards, but we decided to since wheelinwillys and I were still there to go ahead. I'll turn score sheets over to James and let it go from there and they can correct it from there.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2hud View Post
Jim, please get series 5 scores to James so that he can get the 1.9 updated for the series totals.

Something like this?

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Wish I could have made it.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Unless there is a rule that I am unaware of, how can you remove someone from the top three that EARNED the right to be there?

The way that we have been doing it, if someone should be in the finals, but leaves early, the next person moves up and participates in the finals. So if you were in 2nd ,but had to leave and the 4th place person moved up and ran in the finals, you would drop to 4th place.

We have been doing this for a few years. This way we always have 3 people running in the finals.

It is purely the way that the club has been doing it.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #71

I really think that should be looked at for next year.

Who cares about having 3 in the finals. If someone earned their spot into the top three that should be it.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Not that I need to step in on this but if someone is worried about their spot why would you leave before the finals. Sorry but its kinda a no brainer and besides that I had a blast.
whillinwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #73
RCC Addict

it was great to meet everyone and to see a new place. i dont care about my spot since i left early. had a great time and grats to the winners
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whillinwillys View Post
Not that I need to step in on this but if someone is worried about their spot why would you leave before the finals. Sorry but its kinda a no brainer and besides that I had a blast.
kinda the way i see it ... if ya want to play ya have to stay
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Just so every one knows, I am not upset about being bumped out of the finals. Dave and I had made the decision to leave at 5pm to head back to fargo before we came down. That is why we left when we did. We had a great time meating all the new people. It is always nice to see how you stack up against other competitors outside of the normal crew you crawl with. Oh, by the way, I would have finished the finals course also.

Next time we will make better arrangements so we can stay.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

That last course was brutal

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
jeepcj776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #77

Don't get me wrong. Saturday was a great day and nobody was upset about anything. I had a fun time with new people and it was a great location. That wasn't my intention for the question. Heck, I was 8th or something.

The way I see it from my racing background, the first courses are like qualifying. The finals are the mains. We don't move up the 11th place guy from the b-main if someone in the a-main can't start the race.

This situation doesn't happen very often, but when it does there's usually a good reason for the absence. Taking away that position and the points that go along with it seems unneccessarily punative.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. Saturday was a great day and nobody was upset about anything. I had a fun time with new people and it was a great location. That wasn't my intention for the question. Heck, I was 8th or something.

The way I see it from my racing background, the first courses are like qualifying. The finals are the mains. We don't move up the 11th place guy from the b-main if someone in the a-main can't start the race.

This situation doesn't happen very often, but when it does there's usually a good reason for the absence. Taking away that position and the points that go along with it seems unneccessarily punative.
Fro, Ger put this rule up for a vote two years ago in which it passed and many club members have benefited from the outcome of another's misfortune. This happened to Justin in SC and it was discussed and never changed, he didn't like it but understood that was the rule. If you want things changed participate by a vote at the year end meeting and lobby for a change.

If Chris would have stayed just to see if he made it into the finals he could have driven not only in 1.9 but also 2.2 by default. One would bet that Chis would have taken the opportunity to compete one more time, especially after driving 3.5-4 hrs, and he would have move up in points because that's the rules. It's fair to say that the top 6 or 7 drivers of the club have benefited from this many times over the last two years, is it right or wrong, that's a matter of opinion and the club can vote on it if brought up at years end.

Part of the reason for people leaving before the finals is that it takes to long for a competition, people have drive time and other commitments to contend with. At this comp we spent nearly 6.5-7 hours to complete and in my opinion is way to long. With only had 14 competitors and 4 courses set up and ready to go, we still managed to take 6.5-7 hrs. I even had enough gate markers to set up all 6 courses. At Trendwood earlier this season we started at 11 am and ran until 6 pm with only 13 drivers, another 7 hour comp. And by the way I had to leave early and lost my 1st place position because I had other commitments, I understood my loss of rank and Ty got to drive in the finals, it was my choice to leave.

If we want to get serious about points then all club members need to agree to participate and discuss issues like time effectiveness, course set-up, judging, rule changes, and flat out participate or live with what is dealt. Run it like a business and cut out the drama. Lance I'm glad you got bumped into the finals and stomped Chad and I, I learned a lesson plus I enjoyed the whole event.

Hey James, I PM'ed you about wanting to meet up and give you the club materials.

Last edited by no2hud; 07-12-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #79

I don't "keep bringing this up" I was responding to the guys in the previous posts. I don't have a motive or agenda. There's no reason to read into it that way. I just don't like the rule...lol.

Last edited by froboy; 07-12-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: missed the ing...: (
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Was there any more Pictures Took?
jeepcj776 is offline   Reply With Quote