Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Potential place to crawl/scale trail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Potential place to crawl/scale trail

I'm in a 4x4 club with 40 acres of land. There is a dry (most of the time) creek bed, hills few trees etc. There has already been some things done to the land for the 1:1's to play on but we are looking to see if there is any interest with the rc crawlers. Be open to do pretty much whatever to build a course with rock/cement chunks or whatever. Some pretty cool areas to build a scale type trail area as well. I believe Krakker (Rory) has been out there. Here's a few pics of the land, let me know if you all are interested. I think it would be an awesome place to hold a big meet at. Its down by Firth just south of Lincoln. The pictures here don't show all that has been done. Land has a lot of potential.

redram360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That's me in the 4th pic about to hook up the YJ to my wifes TJ. The prarie is a lot of fun and could be a decent area to crawl if it had enough space to run a few courses.
It's been a while since I've been out there but I'd be interested in giving it another look.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Lots of room. there are areas between some of the trees the big rigs can't go and would be ideal to build a course on. Would have to haul in rocks but it can be done. I have to work this saturday but I could get ahold of shawn and let him know and maybe sunday afternoon we could go out there? I wish I had some more pictures.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Krakker, that name makes me I was gonna tell you I did some trading of some rc things I have had and now have an axial scx10. Need to do a 4 link to it and it will be ready to roll. I even got a proline jk body, 2.2 flat irons and a set of 1.9 black nonbeadlock CAC wheels with crushers. Gonna be more of a trail rig than anything.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
That's me in the 4th pic about to hook up the YJ to my wifes TJ. . . . .
I thought that was you Rory!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redram360 View Post
Krakker, that name makes me I was gonna tell you I did some trading of some rc things I have had and now have an axial scx10. Need to do a 4 link to it and it will be ready to roll. I even got a proline jk body, 2.2 flat irons and a set of 1.9 black nonbeadlock CAC wheels with crushers. Gonna be more of a trail rig than anything.
I've got a "bunch" of unused Axial parts, might have all the pieces you need for the 4link conversion. Hit me up some time. This Sat., I'm headed to a friends to get all the brakes and front shocks done on my truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
I thought that was you Rory!
Yeah, about 20+ lbs. ago. I got stank mud in the Jeep that stained some of the interior that day. Wife still hasn't let me live that down.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I'm thinking some of that mud may not have been all just mud

I'm not sure what all I need for sure. I do know I need the four link mount but I think the guy cut the mounts off of the axle. I got some stampede shafts that they say work great for drive shafts. I need to take some time and really look it over. I got the raw end of the deal when I traded but oh well. I also wound up with a goat S3 and esc brushless system. But apparently the motor is no good, could have you take a look at that sometime too. I plan on using an old faithful brushed motor.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

PM me when you're ready, we'll check it all out and see where you want to go with the build. I've got a few 35T motors I could part with.
R2j Kustoms makes a truss that serves as the 4link mount also, he (Shon) makes some crazy good stuff.