RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nebraska (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/)
-   -   Thoughts on Shafties at the 'Plex ?? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/392777-thoughts-shafties-plex.html)

kwkride 07-12-2012 06:43 AM

Thoughts on Shafties at the 'Plex ??

Alex was asking me if I thought there would be interest in a Shaftie series at the 'Plex.
He envisions this as running comps that are shaftie only with courses that a stock Night Crawler or Ridgecrest would have a shot at completing.

He said when new people ask about comp crawling and hear the prices for a competitive MOA rig, they are shocked and turned away.

So post up your thoughts on the subject!

DeweyCJ5 07-12-2012 09:20 AM

Re: Thoughts on Shafties at the 'Plex ??

i would love it "thumbsup"

Harley 07-12-2012 09:26 AM

The sportsman class is our most popular class FYI "thumbsup"

However I'm sure you all know the capabilities of a stock Night Crawler or Ridgecrest (WIDE) are though. Both would take a little work to make competing with one any fun. You need the existing crawler guys to want to compete in the class as well to make it a popular class. If you only have two new guys running it, then it will likely die.

It's a hard line to walk, but again, it's our most popular class. Full range of different crawlers running in it.

kwkride 07-12-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3819247)
The sportsman class is our most popular class FYI "thumbsup"

Are you allowing digs, or just straight shaftie trucks?

DeweyCJ5 07-12-2012 10:07 AM

i would vote no dig

kwkride 07-12-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeweyCJ5 (Post 3819290)
i would vote no dig

That's what I was thinking too.
I don't know that I'd be interested in the class, but I am interested in growing the hobby.

Harley 07-12-2012 11:41 AM

We run no dig.

relic68 07-12-2012 02:14 PM

Getting new people in the club would be great. The shafty series would be great also, I am planning on converting mine to a 2.2s this fall. Be very careful when setting up courses also, dont make them to hard or you will turn some away from the git go.

ske1968 07-12-2012 05:56 PM

I would be interested in driving over to attend as many I could .

2.2S rules would be good

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

ax10 07-12-2012 07:41 PM

i vote dig. But either way i'm in.

sprint28 07-12-2012 08:27 PM

i would be all for it i still have a creeper and i know chad would probably bring one down to

ske1968 07-20-2012 06:09 AM

Any more thought on this? Is this going to happen ?

Thanks
Scott

kwkride 07-21-2012 06:43 AM

I don't know, we'll have to wait and see what Alex decides.
He wanted to make sure that he wouldn't be stepping on any toes with the club.

DeweyCJ5 07-21-2012 08:46 AM

i think a shafty class would make it fun again and help new people in the sport , maybe run 1 sat a month and be a little loose on rules like a wraith is not going to make the wb rule... turn none away "thumbsup"

JavelinSST390 07-21-2012 08:22 PM

Considering I'm going to pick up an LNC tomorrow, I'd be in. I know that stock it won't compete, but I know how to fix that. "thumbsup"

Yeah, I'm still here. Just been lurking. I check around here but since I really haven't been too active in the crawlers other than occasionally pounding the Gremmie, (I've been mostly into Brushless SC trucks and Nitro monsters lately) I haven't posted. But I found a deal on this LNC as I wanted something a little more capable finally.

no2hud 07-30-2012 09:14 AM

Yes I'm still here......sorry guys but with family things I've been out of the loop but plan on getting back into things in the fall. I like this idea of shafties since running the 1.9's. I'd be willing to build one of these....

How about using them in a hybrid settting like KOH racing on the out door course? We could go on road and off road using the rock sections and parking lot possibly. That would be a blast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlaD...ayer_embedded#! This would be awesome to go from the dirt inside to the rocks out side....just saying! Or carpet inside to pannels for the rock section.

Hey Alex, I have some more lighting for the indoor course, call me and we can hook up.

no2hud 07-30-2012 09:33 AM

http://axialracing.com/products/ax90...mpaign=rccexo2

This would be interesting...

JavelinSST390 07-30-2012 10:31 PM

Still more to do but, Think I'd stand a chance?

Working on fabbing up a servo/batt/reciever mount for the front axle.
Front shocks stock springs, 1/4 droop, rear shocks bottom hole on top outboarded at bottom, Losi Yellow springs, 80w Losi oil all around, travel limited roughly 3/8 to 1/2" (eyeballed it) with nitro tubing. Panther Leopard tires, w/Panther memory foams (foams suck, need tuning, tires OK, better than the OG Losi Claws I had on it).

Need to file skid , make a set of bent upper and lower links, and get a rear sharkfin mount. Looking for a Pro-Line Chevy C10 crawler body for it (out of production now :evil:) and lots of other stuff.

Looking for an LCC trans with the dig. I know you can't use it for sportsman, but I just want a rig with dig.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...730_223145.jpg

dustinb 08-03-2012 12:08 PM

So i have been out of crawling for long time are you guys gonna be runnings shafties this fall if so i be interested in building one let me know please as for MOA its really not in the budget right now....

EVO4 08-07-2012 07:55 PM

As someone that use to attempt to compete till MOA seem to have taken over. I enjoyed running my ax10 on the courses, till it seemed that you needed to spend the $$$ to be able to hang.