RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Nebraska (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/)
-   -   Need help getting an xr-10 and 4pls to work (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/nebraska/494497-need-help-getting-xr-10-4pls-work.html)

rokrash 05-09-2014 10:27 PM

Need help getting an xr-10 and 4pls to work

I have been trying to get a friend's xr-10 put together and ready for this upcoming comp and am stuck. Everything is wired and plugged in correctly (I believe) and it will not arm the esc's.

Here is what is in there:
Futaba 4PLS
Futaba r304SB
dual castle mamba micros
10 amp BEC

reciever is tuned to the transmitter (steering works)

When I attempt to plug in a battery and set the throttle endpoints I get the green and yellow LEDs flashing and get nothing out of the motors

I have read and read online and have found things about resetting the deadpoints on the esc's (I do not have a castle link) or low voltage readings and am just not smart enough to figure it out!!!!

Could anyone help me with this. I can come to you if that is what needs to happen. I am in Papillion

I have stared at this thing for hours tonight!!!!!

Kevin
402-616-4146

Whiplashdjs 05-10-2014 03:45 AM

Do you have a local hobby shop? I would think most will help you for free.

So the checklist is somewhat like this:
esc are both programmed
Rx is powering up correctly and communicating with tx
Rx has the plug in the correct direction and channel and is getting signal from remote?
Battery is fully charged
Are the motors known to work properly with another rig?

It seems like I have to program the esc more than once before it works right in my exp
Take a video!

huskerfan406 05-10-2014 12:06 PM

Re: Need help getting an xr-10 and 4pls to work

Try to program the escs one at a time! Unplug one then when programmed switch and program the other! Sometimes this works!

Kratos 05-10-2014 08:50 PM

It may be hard without a castle link. I would see if you cant borrow one or get one and set them up via the link then link the escs to your radio one at a time. On some castle products you have to have reverse throttle setting in order for it to work. How is your receiver set up? Are both your escs sending power? If so disconnect one of the power wires going to the receiver. How is the bec hooked up? Directly to servo and bypassing the receiver or is it running through your receiver? Hit me up buddy, you got my number if none of these things help"thumbsup"

rokrash 05-10-2014 10:55 PM

Ok, I found a thread that lead me to douwngrade the software away from the latest Beta version to one that is a non-Beta version.

I borrowed a Castle Link and try this.

IT WORKED!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Whiplashdjs 05-11-2014 12:22 AM

Sorry, I forgot all about that beta glitch. I had the same thing last year. Good job finding it!