Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Newbie here, how many here in Lincoln?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Newbie here, how many here in Lincoln?

Title explains it all. Moved here from Colorado 18 years ago. Always wanted to do the full size 4x4-rock crawling but never could afford it. Been looking at rc's for a little while and think I am going for it. Assuming I can talk the ol' lady into it. She's not too happy with me right now, picked up 3 new helis this winter.
tk5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm in Lincoln. There are a couple more here and some around Fremont, and several in the Omaha area.

If you would like to meet up sometime, I will let you try driving some of my rigs.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Cool. I knew there were some in Omaha but not Fremont. Yeah, I'd like to meet sometime. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #4

Nice! A fellow heli pilot AND crawler guy. I'm here in Lincoln also. What type of helis do you have?
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Well, I wouldn't call myself a pilot yet. Long story but I have a Raptor 30 V1, Blade CP Pro, Trex 450SE, Hirobo Huey UH-1 .30 size (long time project), and a Blade CX. Purchased all in the listed order.

Thinking about selling both Blades (amoung other things) to fund my Scorpion. Need more funds than planned, my wife is now talking about wanting her own crawler. Finally found something that we can do together so I probaly should go for it. Less complaining from her part about spending $$$$$$ if some of it is for her.

How bout you golgi? I've been looking for someone to fly/learn with for a while.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #6

I used to have a dragonfly which I sold off a couple years ago because I got bored with it. I've now got a MX400 pro/trex hybrid that I've been tweaking over the years. That's mostly for outdoor flying and winter indoor flying in Omaha. Then for indoor flying year round I've got a Walkera 4#3B which is by far the coolest rc I've ever had. If you haven't seen these yet then I highly recommend checking them out. Ever since I bought this my other heli just collects dust.

There are several people here in Lincoln that fly helis but the group isn't organized anymore since the guy who used to do that moved. So now, for organized flying I go to Omaha but only in the winter time. We'll have to get together sometime and fly the helis.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi View Post
I...............since the guy who used to do that moved.

You must be talking about Tim. He is who actually got me back into helis. I got my Raptor back in 99'. Had some engine problems and also moved that summer so it sat for years. Hence the still hovering mode. Then in spring 2007 I got the Blade Pro and started it up again.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #8

The next time we have a rc crawl get together, we could bring our helis and do some flying too.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi View Post
The next time we have a rc crawl get together, we could bring our helis and do some flying too.