Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: Nevada G6 Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
That wasn't the pound that was my house. I just have a lot of dogs.

Thanks Mr. Parker , you are all right, I don't care what your friends say.

I'll be looking them over, might do something like this.
Your welcome and have a Happy Thanksgiving, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Cool concept, Ive been lookin for an excuse to build something
Happy Thanksgiving, my friend, we have missed your comp dominance and the G6 Challenge is calling your name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Very cool concept, kind of like the Camel Adventure Series : driver skill and team work. There is a 13 min. RC vid. (Camel Adventure style)on You Tube that is awesome.
Yes, that vid is fun to watch and a cool editing and voice over job. The G6 Challenges are going to be a scale drivers version of going to hell and back wearing nothing but a smile..
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

jus saw that video thats awseome. hopefully ill make it out for the G6...If you have to change a battery on a stage do you get pentilized for it?
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
jus saw that video thats awseome. hopefully ill make it out for the G6...If you have to change a battery on a stage do you get pentilized for it?

No, jscalecrawler, there is no penalty. The time just doesn't stop. I think I'm gonna mount two batteries in my Axial Honcho, so when I do need to "re-fuel" I can just unplug one and plug up the other.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

kool is ther gna b alot water cus mines not water proof yet?
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
kool is ther gna b alot water cus mines not water proof yet?

All the water on the stages will be scale. We are not driving submarines, it's fun as hell to watch a submerged rig, but the G6 is about driving and the water may get mid door depth, but there are chances to fall in if your not driving smart.

I'm not water proofed, either, but than again it's not really water, just clear dirt.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

4 days and counting down to Nevada's first ever G6 Scale Challenge. If you have a scaler and love to be challenged, then don't miss the first ever G6.

A true scale 4x4 challenge rally where the driver and his/her rig will be pushed to thier limits and quite possibly beyond.

Look for up to the minute G6 Challenge rally updates on RECON CRAWLERS facebook page through out the whole day; including all the latest driver times and special section vids and intense scaler action pics.

Come get your scaler kicks in the G6!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

4 days and counting for sure! I will be there if we can get over the pass, are you still accepting food drive donations if so I will bring some goods to help out.?
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
4 days and counting for sure! I will be there if we can get over the pass, are you still accepting food drive donations if so I will bring some goods to help out.?
Yes, we are collecting canned goods for Evelyn Mount and new toys or personal hygiene products for the Christmas Corridor that the Washoe County Sheriffs put on for inner city kids.

We also have a Boys and Girls club driver competing with us at the G6.

We are hoping to increase that number at the next G6.

I hope the pass is clear and don't forget to car pool here with other scale junkies.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 11-30-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

T-minus 3 days and counting Scale Drivers. I am stoked to unleash my inner scaler.

Lil' Lexus is taking shape and i'm working on the hot shower attachment for those trail side rinses.

Actually, my scale accessories do include sleeping bag, pad, fire extinguisher, jerry can, shotgun, kyack, cooler, and a partridge in a pear tree. Oh sh!t I almost forgot my scale ammo can. I may be hiding a scale geocache along the rally.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

I know I will be hiding something, but its not very "scale"!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
I know I will be hiding something, but its not very "scale"!!!
That's not what she said.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

The Nevada G6 Challenge took place Saturday at Mayberry Crossing Park in Reno, NV. R.E.C.O.N Crawlers hosted the G6 scale rally and what RECON brought to the scale table flipped the f-ing table over! Drivers faced 3 Stages marked with 100 navigational gates that guided drivers through, over, and under obstacles. Along the stage was several time bonus sections that a must clean unassisted to be rewarded with a time bonus. Also, on a stage was a “special” skill section that was marked with a boundary and tested a driver’s knowledge of mud, rocks, sand, and snow.

I will attempt to describe the day in words, but honestly, all I want to do is scream with unadulterated adrenalin to the world that I love my scaler and I need my next fix of the G6!

The day started with drivers teching their scalers and then immediately placing them in the impound lot. From there and driver was paired with a stage buddy; a fellow driver who accompanies the driver on stage filling out the drivers score card as infractions occur.

For this G6, drivers started every 5 minutes behind each other, so there were several drivers on running a stage simultaneously and passes did happen. When a driver caught another driver, the slower driver yielded and a clean pass was made, but that did not mean that the faster driver finished with a better time, because there is no “hand of God” in a G6 Challenge. If the faster driver did not have a winch and had to use the penalty winch; it was a 3 minute penalty and those time penalties wrecked havoc on the adjusted time.

RECON’s roving reporter, Max Driver, was covering the first ever G6 and encouraging drivers to “DO WORK”. One such driver was Cole Bailey. Cole trashed a transmission on stage 1 and repaired it on stage, because a rig cannot leave the stage unless it’s a DNF.
One hour and twenty-five minutes later, Cole finished stage 1. I could not be prouder of him. Cole and his Dad ran the same scale Land Rover at my request. I needed the Intel for an upcoming G6 team challenge.

I’m spent and my mind will not slow down for me to type. Here is the G6 in a nutshell…

Holy Shit, are you kidding me………100 gates
OMG, OMG, OMG!!

My Honcho is completely under water, bad line driver! And I do remember saying there would not be any submarining….PARKER, YOUR SCALE CHERRY HAS JUST BEEN POPPED!!!!!

WAR PIG look what you have started!

Congrats to the podium finishers.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first ever G6, you have made RECON history yet again.

Spucknit, world class chili, THANK YOU!!!!!

Stage one is complete and you can throw a 30 second blanket over the top drivers, UNBELEIVEABLE.

The over and under for stage one was 30 minutes….Average stage 1 time……43:27.

After the 5 penalty winch penalties and 3 mins each, 30.00 dollars is not bad for a winch.

After seeing a 30.00 winch burn up and that driver using the penalty winch, hmmmm SERVO WINCH!

After seeing a servo winch burn up, hmmmmm, DRIVE SMARTER!!!!!

A driver running out of battery at gate 29 out of 100 and having to charge his battery while drivers, including myself, drove around his rig….F-ING AWESOME.

Driving 100 gates on a 1100 mah 3 cell with no lipo cut off set…..HELL YEAH, I’m getting my kicks in the Nevada G6!

If you love to drive your scale r/c crawler, than don’t miss the next RECON hosted G6. Yes, the G6 is a timed event, but being a smart driver, knowing your scaler, being able to navigate, and most importantly; knowing how to have FUN, is how you do well in a G6 Challenge.

The winner of the G6, Rhett Mora, drove a leaf sprung hilux Toyota. The G6 is an adventure in r/c scale comps that shows no prejudice to what you drive. You have to experience one to “get it”.

As with any new format, there were some small hiccups that will be addressed. The time loss of stage 2 sucked, so next G6 there will be a back up. Special skill sections will be colored differently than time bonus sections. Minor stuff that I noticed as an organizer that I’ll change with the help of a never tiring staff to make the next G6 even better…I can’t imagine better, my cheeks still hurt from laughing all day.

Big PROPS to everyone who helped set up. I love you guys and gals and we achieve greatness together.

I miss the G6 already and can’t wait for the next one.

I am a Scaler, thank you War Pig, you have created a MONSTER.

The Nevada G6 Challenge pitted scale drivers against 3 rigorous stages of scale rally trials that tested both man and machine.

Here are the first ever G6 results:

Stage 1

1. Skeeno..........38:10
2. Danial............38:30
3. Parker............38:42
4. Rhett.............40:40
5. Jeremy...........41:26
6. Brad..............46:09
7. Stuart...........48:22
8. John..............51.40
9. Cole...............1:25:44
10. Steve..........2:00:00
11. Hi-C............2:00:00

Average time for Stage 1.....43:27*

Stage 2

(no stage 2 times due to equipement failure)

Stage 3

1. Rhett...........30:04
2. Jeremy.........36:02
3. Skeeno.........38:02
4. Stuart..........39:17
5. Brad.............39:38
6. Cole.............40:04
7. John.............40:16
8. Danial...........43:30
9. Parker..........2:00:00
10. Steve.........2:00:00
11. Hi-C...........2:00:00

Average time for Stage 2.......38:31*

G6 Overall

1. Rhett............1:10:44
2. Skeeno..........1:16:12
3. Jeremy..........1:17:28
4. Danial............1:22:00
5. Brad.............1:25:47
6. Stuart...........1:27:39
7. John..............1:31:56
8. Cole...............2:05:38
9. Parker............2:38:42
10.Steve............4:00:00
11. Hi-C.............4:00:00

Average overall G6 time.....1:22:00*

Thanks to all the drivers, volunteers, and spectators for the making the first ever G6 an event that will always be etched in RECON history.

* Average times are based on 8 drivers, not all 11 due to several DNF's on the stage.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Great setup you had out there, funny seeing Skeeno pouring sweat changing his lipo 2-3 gates before the finish.

Wish i could have stayed longer and had grabbed my 1.9's lol, anyhow think about blowing the dust off of this Rig for the next G6

slackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

That looks like a G6 rig to me! Look out little land rover, a BIG Ford is coming soon.

Dude, you gotta rock the camper...SICK!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Tom, it was cool to see ya on sat. Get ready for the next G6 (Jan 15th) cuz its going to be even better!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Did anyone get pictures?
atvdude775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Sure did. All posted over on recon. Here

http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/...e-t694-40.html
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I want that ford bad, do you want to sell it?
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE View Post
I want that ford bad, do you want to sell it?

R U man enough to drive that Ford, Big Joe?

You may need a step stool to change the lipos...
Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Hey when and where is next G6 comp.? I just moved to vegas and I am not finding much scale or comp here. I am coming from Durango colorado n Farmington new mexico so any info is appreciated..!
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote